Sign in to follow this  
edjr

State of the Union Address - 2019

Will it happen on the 29th?

Will stuff be thrown at the clown in chief?

MUST WATCH TV!

TOTALLY must watch TV...I cant frickin WAIT!!!

The decline of western civilization----broadcast on all channels. It's gonna be epic.

It's on Wednesday

:banana:

She can't shut it down - all she can do is suggest an alternative. If Trump wants it, he's going to get it.

From what I read.....The House and Senate each have to put forth the invite for him to speak in front of congress. He can give a speech from the oval office if he wants, but not in front of Congress without her say so.

Funny move, as I am sure his ego isn't dealing well with a female having any sort of authority where he is concerned.

From what I read.....The House and Senate each have to put forth the invite for him to speak in front of congress. He can give a speech from the oval office if he wants, but not in front of Congress without her say so.

Funny move, as I am sure his ego isn't dealing well with a female having any sort of authority where he is concerned.

You mean the guy who's employed more women in his administration than either Clinton or Obama AND in all of his businesses? THAT guy? He's the one afraid of women?

Seems like you're trying to craft a false narrative for the rubes.

He'll get his State of the Union.

You mean the guy who's employed more women in his administration than either Clinton or Obama AND in all of his businesses? THAT guy? He's the one afraid of women?

Who said he was afraid of women?

I said his ego likely doesn't care for a woman having any authority over him. Women working underneath him doesn't really affect that.

Eh?

Who said he was afraid of women?

I said his ego likely doesn't care for a woman having any authority over him. Women working underneath him doesn't really affect that.

Eh?

The Donald doesn't care for a man having any authority over him either, what is your point?

The racist sexist leftist talking points strike again.

Holy cuck batman!

The Donald doesn't care for a man having any authority over him either, what is your point?

Whoa...easy there. It sounds much more hateful when you only say it about women. You might be able to fool a bunch of people that way.

State of the union is there is no union, it’s been shut down. Country held hostage for ransom to build a wall that will just need 5x the money he’s asking for anyway. Then when he doesn’t get that, another shutdown. State of emergency needs to be declared.

State of the union is there is no union, it’s been shut down. Country held hostage for ransom to build a wall that will just need 5x the money he’s asking for anyway. Then when he doesn’t get that, another shutdown. State of emergency needs to be declared.

Actually, it's the Dems refusal to negotiate that won't even get Trump to the table in the first place. Not much you can do if someone won't even talk to you.

State of the union is there is no union, its been shut down. Country held hostage for ransom to build a wall that will just need 5x the money hes asking for anyway. Then when he doesnt get that, another shutdown. State of emergency needs to be declared.

You act like this is the first time theres ever been a govt shutdown. This happened in Obamas term too. Difference is the Republicans eventually actually negotiated with the President and it ended.

It's an interesting decision. He loses Republican applause for his ideas if he holds it somewhere else. But he could pack a room with Republican legislators and hold it anyway

Does anyone know if it's ever been held outside of the capitol building?? For petty reasons..not for construction or whatever

You act like this is the first time theres ever been a govt shutdown. This happened in Obamas term too. Difference is the Republicans eventually actually negotiated with the President and it ended.

Yes, that is indeed the difference. When the kidnappers ransom demands aren’t met, the kidnapper should give up. This ain’t ending soon.

Thats a valid point. I think he considers women to be inferior to men, but I will agree he considers all Americans to be inferior to himself.

She can't shut it down - all she can do is suggest an alternative. If Trump wants it, he's going to get it.

My understanding is he can do it from the white house right now if he gets networks to play along. But as far as the pomp and circumstance and both chambers of the house and an audience which Trump adores, she owns that.

I could be wrong though.

You mean the guy who's employed more women in his administration than either Clinton or Obama?

You sure?

ETA, not counting strippers and sex workers.

Whether Trump gets the state of the union or not, could somebody get him some reading lessons?

Good God, that last one was painful. He read slower than a spaniel trying to learn the rules of mahjong.

I think he was literally trying to sound the words out phonetically.

I'd rather have Steve Gleason deliver the State of the Union.

Weather Trump gets the state of the union or not, could somebody get him some reading lessons?

While we're passing the hat for reading lessons for Trump, how about spelling ones for you? :doh:

While we're passing the hat for reading lessons for Trump, how about spelling ones for you? :doh:

you still haven't figured out what that little picture of a microphone is on your phone yet? 😄

It would be interesting if he held a huge rally somewhere in the midwest to deliver his State of the Union address, surrounded by thousands of fans.

State of the union is there is no union, its been shut down. Country held hostage for ransom to build a wall that will just need 5x the money hes asking for anyway. Then when he doesnt get that, another shutdown. State of emergency needs to be declared.

Hey snowflake. The only part of the shutdown that both sides agree on is it doesn't affect them. Close to 2/3 of both sides agree on this. All the shutdown has put on display is our bloated government.

Hey snowflake. The only part of the shutdown that both sides agree on is it doesn't affect them. Close to 2/3 of both sides agree on this. All the shutdown has put on display is our bloated government.

:thumbsup: Plus, its just Democrats not getting paid anyway

We have 24/7 SOTU Twitter......no need for a SOTU Address.

This. The whole tradition was created long before there was even a White House Press corps for chrissake.

But strongly disagree with the morons who say that the shutdown isn't having a real impact on real people with real effect.

First law that needs to be passed after the shutdown is nobody in Congress or the White House gets paid during a shutdown. And, unlike other employees, they don't get reimbursed after the fact either. Thatll light a fire under their ass. Some of them anyway.