I've been doing fantasy football since 1991. I'm thinking of just doing FanDuel in 2019. Some funny business / BS went down Finals Week, and the Commish blew it off. Which was:
1) Overall last place team (Pam) on Thurs 12/20 cuts R. Wilson. Not through the FA process. Through waivers, and doesn't pick up a corresponding player. NOTE: The way ESPN is set up - players are available to be picked up off the WW three days later (e.g., Sun 12/23).
2) Sun 12/23 the last place team owner's (Pam's) fiancé (Mike) picks up R. Wilson from the waiver-wire. Even though FAAB are not required (just for FA pickups), he "bids" ALL of his 1,000 FAAB to get him. NOTE: Mike's only QB is C. Keenum..
3) On Sun 12/23 I text the Commissioner that there is some funny business going on and he needs to take a look into it.
4) His response :20 later is "I really don't care .. and if you look at the Jeff (the other Team Owner in the Finals), I doubt he cares either. NOTE: At the time, Jeff had Fitzpatrick in at QB.
5) Well, apparently Jeff DID CARE. He cut his entire team to waivers at 12:50PM EST on Sun 12/23. Those he couldn't cut (Kamara; Ertz), he put on his bench.
6) So, Mike won the Finals 139 to 0. NOTE: I estimated a likely roster for Jeff. He'd have won 149 to 125 (DEN QB's points were lower than SEA QB's points).
So - I'm very disheartened that:
a) Pam and Mike blatantly cheated like that, so that he'd have a good QB matchup for the Finals; and
the Commissioner completely blew off his responsibility for maintaining fair competition.