according to Shefter, Arians to the Bucs is official, so I guess we'll see if your theory holds.
I like Arians, so I'm happy about that. I was skeptical on them bringing him in and waiting until it became official to actually be convinced. After hiring Raheem Morris, Greg Schiano, and Lovie Smith, I've become apathetic towards their HC choices. I wasn't opposed to Koetter, but I certainly wasn't thrilled. I was primarily just happy to be done with Lovie more than anything.
I like Leftwich in a sense of, I'm intrigued by him and willing to be supportive based on the fact that Arians liked him enough to give him a job in AZ and saw enough in him to bring him to Tampa. I'm optimistic.
All that said, I don't think Winston's flaws can be helped by coaching. He's Jay Cutler 2.0 and that's all there is to it. Simply put, when the chips are on the table and you need your guy to make a play, Winston is the guy that will do it 40% of the time and kill you the other 60%. He teases you just enough to give you hope, but most of the time, he's going to throw the ball to the other team. It's officially time to move on. I think, hope really, that this coming year is his last year in Tampa.