Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Greg Olsen

Had a decent showing his first game back from injury. He is actually floating around on waiver wires in a couple of leagues with short benches.

Looking back at his stats, he really hasn't had a good run since the first 6 games of 2016, which was outstanding, averaging over 100 yards/game. However, although healthy, he only averaged 46 yards/game the remaining 11. In 2017, he only played in 7 games. In week 15, he put up 9/116/1....but in the other 6 games he only averaged 12.5 yards/game. Yes, you read that right.

So, is the inconsistency a result of age and wear & tear....or what (he is 33 years old). There is some upside there, with the lack of receiving options in Carolina. Anyone been holding him or trying to buy him? I would have to drop a Burton or Kittle to grab him....but am hesitant.

Yes, I have been watching given the TE problems this year. I switched gears and picked up Njoku instead after Cle made QB switch.

Not sure he is much of an upgrade for you though, given his injury history. Kittle and Burton are middling TEs, just as Olsen will likely be the rest of this season.

Sale.

Age= wear and tear.

I think when he says he will require surgery after the season, is enough to scare anyone away.

Will not everyone of course.

Yea too much downside for anything but a desperation play. But then again TE is very desperate this season so you can def do worse.

Mmm not much worst.

I dropped Rudolph for Olsen. Olsen has a higher ceiling. Don't care about a setback/injury risk...TE is super thin, and he looked good in his first game back. If he falters, I'll just pick up Njoku or Rudolph if he is still there. Or OJ Howard or Hooper or some other middling TE. 10 team league, so I can afford to play waivers if need be.

If I was in a larger league, I'd still roll Olsen but i'd roster another TE just in case.

I've kept him stashed since the injury, and fortunately have Ebron. Since he made it through his first game back, I'm shopping him around to see if someone will bite. Maybe him and a good WR for a better WR.

I have Olsen (off waivers) and Kittle in one league and am considering trying to trade Olsen. I'd keep him but Kittle doesn't have the name value that Olsen does, plus Olsen is past his bye already. Hesitant to "depend" on him the rest of the season.

Did anyone see the clip where cam admitted to having problems calling plays in the huddle and Olsen "helped him". I thought it was odd. You never hear a NFL qb say such a thing.