For many years now at Major League Fantasy Sports we have worked to provide the most innovative and fair fantasy football models available. Over ten years of trying different scoring formulas, roster formulas, league depth, payout structures, trading rules, and hosts we have what we set out to create to begin with. What is one of the biggest complaints about standard league formulas? The blind luck of the injury bug killing you and the schedule. Whether it’s losing your guy for the year, for 4 weeks, or losing two players you own just for that week who are injured in the first quarter. Frustrating! There are ways to mitigate the impact of losing two variables from your fantasy football equation. Lengthen the equation is one for sure, but also what about alllll those other really good football players who get no play in most leagues? The problem with these standard roster formulas is they lack depth, flexibility, and they are wayyyyy too top-heavy. Those are your major issues. (I will touch on the scheduling issue a little later)

Over the years we have developed a way to incorporate the 3 key sides of football in your fantasy leagues in a legit fashion. The first key is obviously offense, the second is defense, and the third special teams. We incorporate an 11 man IDP starting roster that is an absolute blast to play with. Now the IDP nay-sayers have never experienced a system set up like ours. The traditional IDP set-up is archaic and poorly thought out. They are “tackle heavy” systems. Pretty dumb if you ask me. Any fool would just draft the defenders from crappy teams because they will be on the field most of the game. Pretty basic strategy and not a very intelligent way to play. Then there are “big play” type systems. These are a little better than the traditional tackle heavy leagues, but are still lacking. We have developed our own system that adds in both concepts plus a number of unique approaches I had Fantrax create for us years ago. These are just some of the additions we have made to cover for the frustrations we have all felt in traditional fantasy football leagues. Bottom line is this: I have been playing for 14 years now and I will never go back to play in a standard league ever again.

The special teams side of the ball adds even more excitement and allows you to use those key IDP players who also return punts/kicks as a bonus. However, they are few and far between these days. Obviously this side of the game gets zero love unless you score. No one can argue that Tyreek Hill was not the most dynamic player in the NFL last year. 61 catches for 593 yards 6 TDs, 267 yards rushing 3 TDs, 384 kick return yards 1 TD, and 592 punt return yards 2 TDs. That is 1,836 total yards plus 12 TDs. He finished as the number 7 receiver overall in our leagues. NFL coaches absolutely love these types of guys and you will love owning them here. Now think about the discount paid to your score in a standard league with this guy. You got none of those return yards. Now we don’t score both punt and kick return yards the same. Punt return yards are scored like rushing or receiving yards. After all they are the hardest yards to get in the NFL. Tyreek led the NFL with 592. Second was Tavon Austin with 364. The kick return yards are scored on a sliding scale based on an initial total and then after that, score goes up. This is based on the average amount of “dead” yardage in returns and then weighed against the average amount of kick return yards the league averages per game. So it’s a sound approach and not out of control. However, if your boy gets a 110 yard KRTD trust me you will be digging it.

I think even more important than anything is the community we have created over the years. We host our own live radio shows every Sunday morning, we have a 15 man writing and editing staff as well. We had Davin Joseph the 2-time Pro-Bowl guard from Tampa on our shows the whole 2015 season. That should give you an idea of the quality we are bringing to the table. Our community members are built up of football/baseball/lacrosse/golf/basketball coaches, former players, CPAs, Financial Advisors, Attorneys, Teachers, Professors, radio personalities, and all the way to recent college graduates. We are a fun group and we value our community as much as anything else.

The league openings we have are $200 to buy in and 100% payout. We have 2 openings in MLFF1 and 2 openings in MLFF3. The only difference in format between the two leagues is the scheduling concept. League one is a traditional H2H schedule while league three you play each team each week. The concept of the league three schedule is something implemented 4 years ago in two of our leagues. It completely removes the luck of the schedule and completely eliminates dead beat owners that may quit on their teams the last 2 weeks of the year. In our concept if someone does quit then everyone will get a win and not just the lucky guy who gets to play them that week. In league three we also have 14 weeks of regular season and two weeks of playoffs. Seven teams make the playoffs with the #1 seed getting a bye. Week 15 the six remaining teams face off with the top three scoring teams moving on to week 16 the championship round. Week 16 we call our final four. The top 3 scoring teams in week 16 will take payouts and the team in 4th does not. Pretty fun concept, but not for everyone which is why we have traditional scheduling in other leagues.

Another potential spot we are looking to fill for this year is in our writing staff. We are looking to bring on one maybe two football writers for this season. The most important skill needed from the writers is a deep knowledge of football and fantasy football. Writing skills are important as well, but we have a good group of editors that can help you if you need a little guidance.

If you are interested in exploring a league, a writing opportunity, or both my email address is majorleaguefantasysports@gmail.com and phone number is 317.603.9434. My name is Corey D Roberts. We will surely fill these openings fast with the time of year that is approaching. So if you’re interested contact us right away. Cheers

bump

One team left total.