Sign in to follow this  
420allstars

Official FFT Rookie Mock Draft

1.20 Titans - CB Dre Kirkpatrick (Alabama)

The Titans will likely consider either DL or CB here. Ultimately, I think that the DL class is a little bit deeper than the CB class; and there's a very good chance that a good DL will drop to us in the 2nd Round (e.g. Thompson, Curry, Reyes, Crick, Martin, McClellin, Ta'amu, etc.). As such, I think the Titans would go with Kirkpatrick here -- whose physicality will help to replace Finnegan in slot-coverage.

I was waiting for shovelheadt to take the #17th pick for the Bengals. I'll take the 21st as a fellow Bengals fan

Do the right thing here. :D Biggest need left on the team.

Do the right thing here. :D Biggest need left on the team.

Hope it doesn't upset the guy, but I'm gonna make this pick to move this draft along.

1.21 Bengals - WR Kendall Wright, Baylor

Hope it doesn't upset the guy, but I'm gonna make this pick to move this draft along.

1.21 Bengals - WR Kendall Wright, Baylor

Sorry I didn't respond yesterday, busy celebrating my 30th birthday. Kendall Wright? Not sure it's the biggest need but I understand the pick.

Personally I would've injected some youth on the offensive line & taken Cordy Glenn. With Bobbie Willams coming off of injury & currently unsigned, I think Glenn could have started at either LG or RG. Do you think Clint Boling is ready to start this year?

I like Wright as the 3rd WR drafted behind Blackmon & Floyd but the position is deep this year. I would've personally waited to see who falls to us in the 2nd round to address WR.

Sorry I didn't respond yesterday, busy celebrating my 30th birthday. Kendall Wright? Not sure it's the biggest need but I understand the pick.

Personally I would've injected some youth on the offensive line & taken Cordy Glenn. With Bobbie Willams coming off of injury & currently unsigned, I think Glenn could have started at either LG or RG. Do you think Clint Boling is ready to start this year?

I like Wright as the 3rd WR drafted behind Blackmon & Floyd but the position is deep this year. I would've personally waited to see who falls to us in the 2nd round to address WR.

I agree 100% on the need for another guard, but I've got WR rated as the weakest position in this draft. The 4th ranked guy (3rd ranked on some boards) is another Jerome Simpson in Stephen Hill. I saw nothing at the combine that stood out from this group. My hope is that DeCastro drops to their 1st pick, which he is in a lot of mocks. Then they can go with Dre Kirkpatrick with that 2nd pick and address WR later on like you mentioned.

I agree 100% on the need for another guard, but I've got WR rated as the weakest position in this draft. The 4th ranked guy (3rd ranked on some boards) is another Jerome Simpson in Stephen Hill. I saw nothing at the combine that stood out from this group. My hope is that DeCastro drops to their 1st pick, which he is in a lot of mocks. Then they can go with Dre Kirkpatrick with that 2nd pick and address WR later on like you mentioned.

If DeCastro fell to #17, I'd be doing backflips in my living room on Thursday, but I think the draft hype on him will not let him get by Dallas @ #14.

I like the measurables on Hill, but also like Simpson, I think he'd take time to develop.

1.22 - Browns: WR Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech

The Browns would prefer Kendall Wright here, but with him off the board just a pick earlier, they'll take the next best option at the position.

1.23 Lions - Mike Adams OT

Was really hoping for Kirkpatrick or Gilmore here. I think the Lions might trade down at this spot. That said, Backus is really a liability at this point of his career and Adams should fit right in with the other potheads on the team. The best CB available is also a pothead, so we're covered in that area either way.

:thumbsup:

1.23 Lions - Mike Adams OT

Was really hoping for Kirkpatrick or Gilmore here. I think the Lions might trade down at this spot. That said, Backus is really a liability at this point of his career and Adams should fit right in with the other potheads on the team. The best CB available is also a pothead, so we're covered in that area either way.

:thumbsup:

I see this dude dropping to the middle of the 2nd..at least. How retarded do you have to be to fail a drug test you know is coming?

1.24 - Steelers - Kevin Zeitler OG - Wisconsin

Comments: I want none of Poe, please steer clear Steelers. Considered Fleener here and wouldn't be shocked if they took him but addressing the OL to anchor with Pouncey is critical.

I see this dude dropping to the middle of the 2nd..at least. How retarded do you have to be to fail a drug test you know is coming?

Yah. I think they're going to trade down. Jenkins would be the only other option at 23. He's dropping like Adams. No other CB or LT is worth the 1.23.

1.25 - Broncos - Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis

Memorys of your childhood?? :cheers:

Well played! Nope, just the shortest kid with a whiteboy vertical to boot

At 26 I think the Texans go Whitney Mercilus DE/OLB from Illinois. They lost Mario Williams to free agency and need a pass rusher.

@27 Pats select Shea McLellin OLB Boise State

Pats need some athleticism in their LB core, a bit undersized, but should be a solid player from the get go.

Other picks considered: Janoris Jenkins, Jerel Worthy, Cordy Glenn, Harrison Smith

1.28 - Green Bay Packers - Chandler Jones De/OLB Syracuse

The Packers couldn't get to the quarterback in 2011 after their impressive defensive presence in 2010. Ted Thompson takes Jones, who can play both DE or OLB in a 3-4 defense. Clay Matthews needs a running mate, & the Packers find a great one at #28.

Some nice talent left, IMO. Ravens up? :banana:

Yes Sir! Anxious to see what direction the Ravens go here. Offensive line or possibly an heir to the Ray Lewis throne maybe?

Any Ravens fans want to make this pick? Seems like a perfect spot where value fits a need. He also may be the best player available which seems to be how the Ravens tend to draft anyways.

EDIT:

I guess it's been awhile since the last pick, so I'll make it for the Ravens:

Dont'a Hightower, LB, Alabama

An heir apparent for Ray Lewis. Great value here in my opinion. Potential to be a dominant inside linebacker. I could see going interior of the offensive line, but I think Hightower is just a great value at this spot.

1.30 - 49ers - Cordy Glenn, OT/G, Georgia

If this actually happens the draft card would be up in probably 2 seconds. Great value meets need here. Glenn could step in immediately at right guard and swing out to tackle if needed to.

I think the Ravens fans would agree you made the correct pick. Ray Lewis can't play forever & why not have him coach up the best MLB prospect in the draft.

Peter Conz, the Center out of Wisconsin would've been the next best pick since Birk is in the same position as Ray Lewis & could groom Conz as the future Center of the Ravens. Plus he can play guard as well & with the loss of Grubbs, it would've made sense.

2 more picks. Maybe NE stays one step ahead the rest of the league...drafts a TE.

Gronk, Aaron & Coby :banana: :banana: :banana:

From Tony's latest mock...

31. New England Patriots – Harrison Smith, S, Notre Dame

There’s a good chance a guy you played flag football against in a rec league before spent some time in the Patriots’ secondary last year. A smart, productive player filling a hole is such a good fit it almost certainly won’t happen because Bill Belichick never makes the seemingly obvious pick.

Champs lost some juice on offense at RB, WR and injury at TE. Thinking maybe Martin or Fleener. :unsure: