Sign in to follow this  
Alias Detective

What is your biggest mistake of your life?

Whoa whoa whoa... You have never had sex?

where've you been?

• Like 1

Huuuge mistake saving it imo. You only live once. Why deny yourself sex?

Yep. And like any other skill, practice makes perfect. Plus you won't know what you like/dislike experiencing only one partner.

Weve been around this block

I don't pay that much attention around here

rodger that. common knowledge that she is saving herself for marriage.

so naomi- do you do other things when dating?

I agree. My current fiance and I have never had a single word about money. She generally doesnt care at all about material things, less so then I do even, which isnt much.

Well, that's dumb. Say what you will about the Catholic church, but part of the process of getting married there is that each person takes a survey to determine their thoughts on the important things in a relationship, stuff like finances, saving vs. spending, having kids, number of kids, both parents work or not, even frequency of sex if I recall. There are no right answers, the important thing is that you fundamentally agree on things. Any big disconnects are discussed.

I don't expect you to step into a Catholic church anytime soon, so you maybe ought to just have that discussion with her. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I coulda had a V8. :doh:

I'm a cruel person. When I see someone walking funny or an old person walking hunched over - I tell them "You should of had a V8 !"

This guy.

:thumbsup: Will do,I'll be close in March,going to Vegas for March Madness/St Pat's

So will I, a buddy has a thing that he does where you can get a table at some outdoor venue that has an open bar and food all day for the first weekend.

:banana:

So will I, a buddy has a thing that he does where you can get a table at some outdoor venue that has an open bar and food all day for the first weekend.

:banana:

Lot of them like that,I'll be at Flamingo 3rd floor,food and drink comped thurs andfriday

let's have a drink :cheers:

Well, that's dumb. Say what you will about the Catholic church, but part of the process of getting married there is that each person takes a survey to determine their thoughts on the important things in a relationship, stuff like finances, saving vs. spending, having kids, number of kids, both parents work or not, even frequency of sex if I recall. There are no right answers, the important thing is that you fundamentally agree on things. Any big disconnects are discussed.

I don't expect you to step into a Catholic church anytime soon, so you maybe ought to just have that discussion with her. :thumbsup:

I meant we dont fight about it. Weve talked about it. Weve agreed to maintain Separate accounts, and split all bills.

We dont have any financial pressure at all, as we live a pretty simple life, which is great. Obviously were that to change, we would have to revisit the issue.

I've never had sex but the idea that it's important to keep up in marriage completely resonates with me. Generally I also understand the sheer pleasure component of it. So when I imagine being married and maybe (hopefully obviously this wouldn't happen) losing some of the knee-jerk attraction to my husband for whatever reason (familiarity), I still think it would be doable on the regular because it feels good. The only way I can sort of connect to not having a sex life is if having sex with the person was making me depressed. Like it was throwing in my face the lack of intimacy otherwise all the time. Making it become a bold juxtaposition. The only reason that would happen (I think) is if there was fundamental gap that emerged in some facet of what brought us together in the first place. So maybe I'm saying, as a chick, something deep leads to the sex waning, it's a symptom, not a core issue itself. But then for the guy I suppose it's possible the sex issue becomes the core divider for him. And whatever the heck the other issue(s) was gets lost in the mix.

eta: When you say it was sh!t when you did have it, it makes me think maybe having it depressed her because she could tell it wasn't 'all that' for you.

Whoa! I just realized that Tim Tebow posts here. That's frigging awesome!