Sign in to follow this  
shotsup

I left a $47 tip on a $53 bar bill today/tonight

Company credit card? If not, very cool. If cash, even cooler. :cheers:

Was my regular joint. The $53 was mostly food. Wife and I drank plenty.

$100 bill said keep the change.

You want a ticker-tape parade or something?

It would be nice.

Thank you

I cooked a spiral sliced ham and cheesy potatoes and some almost homemade (frozen dough) bread on Saturday. I placed some of the ham and cheesy potatoes in a sealable plastic container and some of the bread in a ziplock bag. I took it down the road to this poor old dude who's not doing so well healthwise. I stepped in dog sh1t in his driveway.

I wasn't going to say a word but I want in on the parade.

• Like 1

:cheers:

I applaud you. I've graduated to a place in which I leave close to 50% on a lot of things. It never feels like that big of a deal as it's most commonly just something like $15 on a $30 bill, but generous tipping is one of those things that I quite enjoy being able to do. The almost 100% tip to an even Franklyn is a big move. If you hadn't been with your wife, you'd be able to get the waitresses number next time in.

You know what it was. I was leaving $30 making it $83 and was paying cash. Handed $100 bill and was like Fvck it what's the $16/$17 dollars going to do for me. Rather let the staff have it.

You know what it was. I was leaving $30 making it $83 and was paying cash. Handed $100 bill and was like Fvck it what's the $16/$17 dollars going to do for me. Rather let the staff have it.

Maybe they'll look past the fact that you shat yourself at the table and hook you up with a couple of free drinks the next time you're in there :thumbsup:

Maybe they'll look past the fact that you shat yourself at the table and hook you up with a couple of free drinks the next time you're in there :thumbsup:

I'll. be there Sunday for SB

A 2010 paper Ofer Azar published in Applied Economics found that rather than being a strategic move to ensure quality service, tipping is largely the result of psychological motivations--like feeling social pressure, or wanting to preserve a self-image of generosity.

https://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-07/why-do-people-love-tip-waiters

Because a person who uncaps a beer should make more than a police officer.

Well you want to see the bartender more than you want to see a police officer. Nothing against the men in blue. I have big respect for them. But most likely if you're talking to one something bad is going on.

I'll say it again. Bartenders suck today. When you get a good one, take care of them. The others?? The minimum.

Look at me!

That's kinda my job. But I can live without seeing you dressing up as Miley Cyrus again. That poor Billy Ray Cyrus hug pillow should be put out of it's misery.

Ah ha! Superbowl will be crazy, but you will be taken care of big time. Smart move.

It all comes back to my honeymoon at Sandals in Jamaica.

Told not to tip that it was included- afternoon 1 tipped the bellhop - introduced to the weed/coke dealer.

Night 1 tipped the head bartender- our glasses were never half empty the entire trip - even if he (head bartender) was not working.

Tip baby. Don't be cheap.

Look at me!

I'm sorry. I know working at $15 an hour is not easy. I spent your days pay in the bar one Sunday afternoon- truth hurts.

I will dial it back just for you.

:ninja:

I mean I'm very sorry the government taxes their tips, that's focked up. That ain't my fault. It would appear to me that waitresses are one of the many groups the government fucks in the asss on a regular basis. If you show me a piece of paper that says the government shouldn't do that, I'll sign it. Put it to a vote, I'll vote for it. But what I won't do is play ball. And this non-college bullshitt you're givin' me, I got two words for that: learn to fockin' type, 'cause if you're expecting me to help out with the rent you're in for a big fockin' surprise.

• Like 1

It all comes back to my honeymoon at Sandals in Jamaica.

Told not to tip that it was included- afternoon 1 tipped the bellhop - introduced to the weed/coke dealer.

Night 1 tipped the head bartender- our glasses were never half empty the entire trip - even if he (head bartender) was not working.

Tip baby. Don't be cheap.

So true. My father was a big tipper and it paid off for me so many times. There was a restaurant that always had a long line waiting to get in. I would just walk past the line and drop his name and I had a table immediately. My dates were always blown away by that. Another restaurant a big group of us went there for Prom. After we ate the Maitre D took us to the bar at a hotel that had a show. Set us up. We drank on Dad's tab at both places even though we were all underage.

I'm sorry. I know working at $15 an hour is not easy. I spent your days pay in the bar one Sunday afternoon- truth hurts.

I will dial it back just for you.

:ninja:

I love how you keep bringing that up but keep ignoring the fact that I was only making that during my probation period and now make over double that in addition to my other sources of income. But then again you felt like being a big baller for one day and told someone to keep the change from your $100. Its noble but at the same time nothing more than a look at me post of a drunk. In addition, I can guarantee you dont do nowhere near as much giving back to the community and helping out others in your spare time like I do. But by all means keep doing what you can to make yourself feel validated

I love how you keep bringing that up but keep ignoring the fact that I was only making that during my probation period and now make over double that in addition to my other sources of income. But then again you felt like being a big baller for one day and told someone to keep the change from your $100. Its noble but at the same time nothing more than a look at me post of a drunk. In addition, I can guarantee you dont do nowhere near as much giving back to the community and helping out others in your spare time like I do. But by all means keep doing what you can to make yourself feel validated

Oh kid that is where you are wrong and underestimate me. I am on the board of directors for a charity that has raised almost a million dollars (we hope the exceed that number this year). My family has devoted their time year after year. We help countless local families every year.

So let me tell you I commend you if you do what you say you do (seriously) but that has been my thing for over 10 years now.

I used to be in restaurant management. It wasn't for me. But when it got really busy I would help out the waitresses and kitchen guys. I can tell you, that's hard work. Also I can tell you that you DON'T want people handling your food to not like you.

Oh kid that is where you are wrong and underestimate me. I am on the board of directors for a charity that has raised almost a million dollars (we hope the exceed that number this year). My family has devoted their time year after year. We help countless local families every year.

So let me tell you I commend you if you do what you say you do (seriously) but that has been my thing for over 10 years now.

If you do thats awesome but by the way you act here it reeeeeaaaaaaallllllyyyyyyyy seems far fetched. Someone who gets Day drunk and drunk at night all the time as a member of the board of directors? Sorry dont see that. Seems like a HT lie to me.

I used to be in restaurant management. It wasn't for me. But when it got really busy I would help out the waitresses and kitchen guys. I can tell you, that's hard work. Also I can tell you that you DON'T want people handling your food to not like you.

I hear ya. And a side note my son works at this place so I get certain "comps".

Oh and he makes more money then "Dr Digby"

(I can't help myself)

I mean I'm very sorry the government taxes their tips, that's focked up. That ain't my fault. It would appear to me that waitresses are one of the many groups the government fucks in the asss on a regular basis. If you show me a piece of paper that says the government shouldn't do that, I'll sign it. Put it to a vote, I'll vote for it. But what I won't do is play ball. And this non-college bullshitt you're givin' me, I got two words for that: learn to fockin' type, 'cause if you're expecting me to help out with the rent you're in for a big fockin' surprise.

You should change your name to Mr. Pink.

If you do thats awesome but by the way you act here it reeeeeaaaaaaallllllyyyyyyyy seems far fetched. Someone who gets Day drunk and drunk at night all the time as a member of the board of directors? Sorry dont see that. Seems like a HT lie to me.

You've never been to Gasparilla have you. All the CEOs of the major companies dress like pirates and get wasted. They seem a little too good at it for it to be a once a year thing.