Sign in to follow this  
notJames

Trading draft picks

My buddy wants to trade his 1.1 pick for my 1.4 pick. The catch is he wants my 4.11 pick for his 5.6 pick. Keep in mind, I would also have the 5.4 pick.

This is a 14-team keeper league, so these players are already gone:

Clinton Portis

Ronnie Brown

Steven Jackson

Shaun Alexander

Peyton Manning

Eli Manning

Rudi Johnson

LaDainian Tomlinson

Larry Johnson

Tiki Barber

Lamont Jordan

Edge James (my franchise player)

Julius Jones

Cadillac Williams

Also, we start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, and 1 Flex (RB, WR or TE), plus 1 DST and K each.

Would you do the swap? If so, who would you pick first overall? If not, who would you pick at the 1.4 spot?

Any help would be superb.

I wouldn't do it. I'd stay at 4 and depending on pts, take Peyton. He is the most consistent fantasy fb player, other than LT.

Peyton has been franchised, so he will be unavailable to draft.

According to one top Player list, here's who the remaining top 10 players would be:

Chad Johnson

Steve Smith*

Willis McGahee

Carson Palmer

Larry Fitzgerald

Terrell Owens*

Torry Holt*

Marvin Harrison

Brian Westbrook

Anquan Boldin

I have a feeling that the first three guys will pick RBs, since their franchises (LaMont Jordan, Ronnie Brown, and Julius Jones) aren't as formidable as the top tier, and would want to shore up their backfield. Carson's too iffy at this moment to take him in the 1st round, even though I think I'd take him probably in the 2nd if available. I'm leaning toward a wideout, but three of the WRs on that list are nursing some sort of injury*, and even though they'll most likely be ready for the season opener, I'm a little wary of targeting them.

I'm leaning toward keeping the 1.4 and hoping Larry Fitzgerald will be available. I might take a leaner on Steve Smith if reports say he's better before this Saturday (draft day). By the time my next pick comes around (25th overall), hopefully guys like Kevin Jones, Reuben Droughns, Corey Dillon and DeShaun Foster will be there to choose from. I'm pretty high on Droughns right now, but the feeling I get is that one of the guys will pick him up sooner rather than later.

Decisions, decisions...

I don't like that trade for you, especially if those are the people available. There is no real reason to trade up. I'd say keep it and if you want to go wide-out, go with Holt, Johnson, or Fitz.

Peyton has been franchised, so he will be unavailable to draft.

According to one top Player list, here's who the remaining top 10 players would be:

Chad Johnson

Steve Smith*

Willis McGahee

Carson Palmer

Larry Fitzgerald

Terrell Owens*

Torry Holt*

Marvin Harrison

Brian Westbrook

Anquan Boldin

I have a feeling that the first three guys will pick RBs, since their franchises (LaMont Jordan, Ronnie Brown, and Julius Jones) aren't as formidable as the top tier, and would want to shore up their backfield. Carson's too iffy at this moment to take him in the 1st round, even though I think I'd take him probably in the 2nd if available. I'm leaning toward a wideout, but three of the WRs on that list are nursing some sort of injury*, and even though they'll most likely be ready for the season opener, I'm a little wary of targeting them.

I'm leaning toward keeping the 1.4 and hoping Larry Fitzgerald will be available. I might take a leaner on Steve Smith if reports say he's better before this Saturday (draft day). By the time my next pick comes around (25th overall), hopefully guys like Kevin Jones, Reuben Droughns, Corey Dillon and DeShaun Foster will be there to choose from. I'm pretty high on Droughns right now, but the feeling I get is that one of the guys will pick him up sooner rather than later.

Decisions, decisions...

I agree with the general sentiment so far. If that's what's available, I say stay put. I don't see any of those guys being significant value over one another in the top 10. If you trade up to 1st, I'd take SSmith, as he's the one guy that I think could post numbers similar to what he did last year. CJ is an annual 1350-9 performer, whereas Smith can really be the guy that posts double digit TDs for the next 5 years.

If PaTD score 6 pts., I'd consider Carson Palmer in a keeper. Regardless, there is enough value at 1.4 to stay put and keep your extra pick later on.

It depends on thei question, Are any of the keepers listed yours?

Edge is my keeper. If I thought I could add another elite RB, I would more than likely do the swap and take the 1.1 pick. But from all the top player lists I've seen, after all the keepers I listed, there's hardly any upper tier RBs left. Or at least none I couldn't get with the 1.4 pick.