Sign in to follow this  
giantstiki

Donald Driver/Hines Ward

In my 10 team league that starts 3 WRs, I valued and picked Hines Ward and Donald Driver over:

-Darrell Jackson

-Reggie Wayne

-Roy Williams

People in my league came at me saying I was so stupid blah blah blah.

I am really high on Driver this year....please let me know if you think I made bad draft decisions at WR.

PS- My 2 starting RBs are Portis/Rudi.

Good that you avoided DJax, dont think he will do much at all this year with his injury issues. I think Reggie Wayne is about to have a huge year and you probably should have grabbed him over Hines, but I believe Donald Driver is a top 10 if not top 5. Now Roy Williams is a gambe, 3rd year is typically the break out year for WR's, but who knows, I still rank driver and wayne above him.

I would rate these guys

R. Williams

R. Wayne

D. Driver

H. Ward

D. Jax

Williams will be a stud in my opinion and I believe Wayne and Driver will out peform Ward. D-Jax is still hurtin and not considered value in my book where he is being taken.

The only questionable part of that decision is the Reggie Wayne factor, IMO. Wayne has steadily increased his stats each year, has the best statistical QB in the league throwing to him, on an offense that looks like they might have to make up some yardage through the air for the loss of Edge, and he appears poised to take the #1 job from Marvin Harrison this year or next. I'd rank Wayne ahead of either of the two you took, personally.

Driver is a good pick, however. Favre will likely air it out again this season, for better or worse, and someone has to catch those TDs. Ward, to me, kind of depends on your scoring system. He doesn't really put up huge yardage numbers - aside from one year of 1329 yds., his totals have been rather pedestrian for someone touted as higjly as he is. He scores TDs though, so that's big. If you're ina PPR league, you have to be concerned with the four-year decline in reception totals (112, 95, 80, 69), and even if you're not - fewer receptions means fewer chances. Roethlisberger is not exactly an air-it-out QB and the style of offense they play in Pitt isn't terribly conducive to huge fantasy numbers.

Roy Williams has great upside and has had some great games so far in his career. He's been to inconsistent, but a lot of that is probably on the team as a whole. Upside picks should generally be rated behind sure producers, however, so you've got this about right, IMO. DJax's knee situation has a lot of people scared off. WRs come out of nowhere every year, so there's no real reason to waste a high pick on a guy that may sit a quarter or half of the season, or even worse, play hurt for the entire year.

At the end of the day, FF is a big coin flip, though. So you may have made the right call. At any rate, you didn't make a huge blunder - just don't look at RWayne's stats all year :thumbsup:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...p;#entry2618755