Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Name a Quentin Tarantino movie you enjoyed and rate it.

2012 Django Unchained (written by)
2009 Inglourious Basterds (written by)
2007 Death Proof (written by)
2007 Grindhouse (written by - segment "Death Proof")
2006 Reservoir Dogs (Video Game) (screenplay) / (story)
2004 Kill Bill: Vol. 2 (character The Bride - as Q) / (written by)
2003 Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (character The Bride - as Q) / (written by)
1997 Jackie Brown (written for the screen by)
1996 Curdled (Gecko Brothers news report)
1996 From Dusk Till Dawn (screenplay)
1995 Dance Me to the End of Love (Short)
1995 Four Rooms (written by - segment "The Man From Hollywood")
1994 Natural Born Killers (story)
1994 Pulp Fiction (story) / (written by)
1993 True Romance (written by)
1992 Reservoir Dogs (background radio dialog) / (written by)
1987 My Best Friend's Birthday (written by)

Reservoir Dogs 9/10

Pulp Fiction 10/10

From Dusk Till Dawn 7/10

Inglorious Basterds 9/10

2009 Inglourious Basterds (written by) 5/10

2007 Grindhouse (written by - segment "Death Proof") 6/10

2004 Kill Bill: Vol. 2 (character The Bride - as Q) / (written by) 5/10

2003 Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (character The Bride - as Q) / (written by) 8/10

1997 Jackie Brown (written for the screen by) 7/10

1996 From Dusk Till Dawn (screenplay) 5/10

1994 Natural Born Killers (story) 4/10

1994 Pulp Fiction (story) / (written by) 7/10

1992 Reservoir Dogs (background radio dialog) / (written by) 6.5/10

The ones I've seen.

Bastards is his best movie :thumbsup:

I loved it. I think the acting was so good by Waltz, the movie gets a big boost. Much like Pulp

All of those listed are fantastic besides the earliest one and the short wich I havent seen. All at least an 8/10 with most being a 10.

Pretty consistent, I'd say every one of them was between a 7 and a 9 except Grindhouse and maybe the Kill Bill movies (I can't really remember them but I think they were just kinda meh).

Here's what I've seen - not sure what movies I'd actually give a "10" - but Tarantino is pretty greta to me.

Django Unchained 8.5

Inglourious Basterds 9

Reservoir Dogs 9

Kill Bill: Vol. 1 4 (stopped watching mid way through)

From Dusk Till Dawn 7.5

Pulp Fiction 9.5

True Romance 9

It seems like From Dusk til Dawn doesn't get a whole lotta credit. Thought it was a great flick. George Clooney was focking fantastic in that movie.

"Do they look like psychos? Is that what they look like? They were vampires! Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fock how crazy they are!"

It seems like From Dusk til Dawn doesn't get a whole lotta credit. Thought it was a great flick. George Clooney was focking fantastic in that movie.

"Do they look like psychos? Is that what they look like? They were vampires! Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fock how crazy they are!"

Kill Bill 1&2 - 8

Basterds - 10

Dhjango - 9

Dogs - 10

Pulp - 9

Jackie Brown - 2

True Romance - 10

NBK - 7

Every film he has made except maybe Jackie Brown has been pretty great -- He doesn't make many movies but damn they are almost always great.

Kill Bill 1&2 - 8

Basterds - 10

Dhjango - 9

Dogs - 10

Pulp - 9

Jackie Brown - 2

True Romance - 10

NBK - 7

Every film he has made except maybe Jackie Brown has been pretty great -- He doesn't make many movies but damn they are almost always great.

Some people just like to say his movies suck to sound more refined in the art of movies. Its kind of obvious and sad when it happens.

Some people just like to say his movies suck to sound more refined in the art of movies. Its kind of obvious and sad when it happens.

Does anybody not like his movies for the right reasons? :dunno:

Of the ones I've seen:

Reservoir Dogs: 7

Pulp Fiction: 5.5

Inglorious Basterds: 5

From Disk til Dawn: 5

Jackie Brown: 6

True Romance: 7

There's a reason there is always alot of buzz every 3 or so years when he makes a movie - they are almost always damn good and entertaining. Dogs , PF , and True Romance were IMO 3 of the best films of the early / mid 90's! Fun, original, and just plain entertaining. While Kill Bill was just a fun action type Taratino flick that you either liked or hated his last 2 Basterds and Djangho were both GREAT!

Pulp Fiction made SLJ career and brought Travolta back from the dead

If you like movies you cannot hate QT

Does anybody not like his movies for the right reasons? :dunno:

Of the ones I've seen:

Reservoir Dogs: 7

Pulp Fiction: 5.5

Inglorious Basterds: 5

From Disk til Dawn: 5

Jackie Brown: 6

True Romance: 7

You either hate movies , are deaf/blind , or have Posty like taste

2012 Django Unchained 7
2009 Inglourious Basterds 7
2004 Kill Bill: Vol. 2 9
2003 Kill Bill: Vol. 1 7
1997 Jackie Brown 7
1994 Pulp Fiction 8
1993 True Romance 7
1992 Reservoir Dogs 9
christoph waltz was great in both django and basterds, but there were flaws in both films. his performance alone makes those movies worth watching

gary oldman and dennis hopper had great performances in true romance.

reservoir dogs is just one of my favorite movies in general, everyone did a great job.

kill bill 2 was the sht. kill bill 1 was a masturbation, some scenes way too long, hence the lower score.

pulp fiction was just crazy, love it.
jackie brown made me realize that quentin hates black people.

i have to really turn off my black pride in order to enjoy his films.

Res Dogs - 8

Pulp Fiction - 8

Jackie Brown - 7

KB1 - 5

KB2 - 5

Inglorious Bastards - 7

Django - 4

I was probably a little off-base lumping IB in with Django in my other post. Basterds is a much better movie IMO, with 2 or 3 really great scenes - again mostly due to Waltz. True Romance isn't really a Tarantino film. He wrote it, but Tony Scott directed it.

I didn't care for the movie particularly, but here's a little Django trivia everyone may not be aware of; when Leo Slams his hand down on the table and cuts it, he REALLY cut his hand, and just played out the rest of the scene. That's pretty focking ballsy.

Of the 6 I've seen True Romance is by far my favorite 9/10

As mentioned, not really a Tarantino movie.

As mentioned, not really a Tarantino movie.

Then I guess I'm not a huge fan and would choose Reservoir Dogs next,if for nothing else the use of Stuck In The Middle With You by Stealer's Wheel.

That's convenient.

2009 Inglourious Basterds

8/10 Some really great acting, tons of tension, original story telling, Brad Pitt's shitty performance took off points

2007 Death Proof
4/10 Loved Kurt Russell and the soundtrack, hated the annoying broads, and the ending really, really sucked
2004 Kill Bill: Vol. 2
8/10 Madsen and Hannah were quite good, but when it finally got around to Carradine, the movie ran out of steam and limped to the end
2003 Kill Bill: Vol. 1
9.5/10 One of the best action movies I've ever seen, from hospital to suburban house to Japan, will never pass over the movie with my remote no matter, love the cheese of the scenes with the Crazy 88's, focking rules
1997 Jackie Brown
9/10 Tremendous casting of every single character, well written script of a good caper film, his most under appreciated film
1996 From Dusk Till Dawn
6/10 Salma Hayek makes is a 5 by herself, great cast but sub par performances out of them, it was OK
1994 Natural Born Killers
5/10 Rodney stole the movie, great cast, interesting story telling at times, the movies seemed off, maybe too preachy?
1994 Pulp Fiction
8/10 It's an interesting and enjoyable movie in it's story telling and jumping around points with many memorable and iconic scenes, but some of the acting was meh especially by Willis
1993 True Romance
9/10 crazy good movie full of so many people that went on to be stars, just a great story, Hopper vs Walken, Arquette vs Galdolfini, Slater vs Oldman all showcased how good Tarantino is in writing dialogue
1992 Reservoir Dogs
7/10 loved quite a bit of the dialogue, some powerful acting, and Madsen vs the ear was awesome, but the movie dragged in a couple spots for me
I own Django on DVD, just never got around to watching it. I might do it this weekend.

8/10 Some really great acting, tons of tension, original story telling, Brad Pitt's shitty performance took off points

2007 Death Proof
4/10 Loved Kurt Russell and the soundtrack, hated the annoying broads, and the ending really, really sucked
2004 Kill Bill: Vol. 2
8/10 Madsen and Hannah were quite good, but when it finally got around to Carradine, the movie ran out of steam and limped to the end
2003 Kill Bill: Vol. 1
9.5/10 One of the best action movies I've ever seen, from hospital to suburban house to Japan, will never pass over the movie with my remote no matter, love the cheese of the scenes with the Crazy 88's, focking rules
1997 Jackie Brown
9/10 Tremendous casting of every single character, well written script of a good caper film, his most under appreciated film
1996 From Dusk Till Dawn
6/10 Salma Hayek makes is a 5 by herself, great cast but sub par performances out of them, it was OK
1994 Natural Born Killers
5/10 Rodney stole the movie, great cast, interesting story telling at times, the movies seemed off, maybe too preachy?
1994 Pulp Fiction
8/10 It's an interesting and enjoyable movie in it's story telling and jumping around points with many memorable and iconic scenes, but some of the acting was meh especially by Willis
1993 True Romance
9/10 crazy good movie full of so many people that went on to be stars, just a great story, Hopper vs Walken, Arquette vs Galdolfini, Slater vs Oldman all showcased how good Tarantino is in writing dialogue
1992 Reservoir Dogs
7/10 loved quite a bit of the dialogue, some powerful acting, and Madsen vs the ear was awesome, but the movie dragged in a couple spots for me
I own Django on DVD, just never got around to watching it. I might do it this weekend.

The movie is off/preachy cause Stone ruined it. Stone took Tarantino's original script(I've read the original, not sure if it's still around) and turned it into another Stone morality play. Tarantino hated it so much, he asked to have his writing credit removed but union rules wouldn't allow it. Original script was more about the media and sensationalism of a story rather than whatever BS stone story stone was telling.

Django can be interesting and if you like Tarantino you will like it(my guess based on previous ratings around a 6 or 7), but if you thought Dogs drags......

The movie is off/preachy cause Stone ruined it. Stone took Tarantino's original script(I've read the original, not sure if it's still around) and turned it into another Stone morality play. Tarantino hated it so much, he asked to have his writing credit removed but union rules wouldn't allow it. Original script was more about the media and sensationalism of a story rather than whatever BS stone story stone was telling.

Oliver Stone. That's an idea for yet another thread I suppose. I don't think I've seen many of his films, but I don't think I've really liked all that much the ones I have seen.

But you got to admit Brad Pitt was GREAT in True Romance - even in a VERY limited role.

Inglorious bastards was decent..... until the end when they killed Hitler and all the top Nazi leaders.

You use a genre to base a movie, not to completely re-write history. That was just stupid. :thumbsdown:

I don't like his movies because they are comically and unnecessarily violent, have unbelievable dialogue and disjointed stories.

Ingolrious Bastards.... 1 / 10

Decent movie in the beginning - very realistic about Nazi autrocities and the fear instilled in Jews. Brad Pitt's role was way over-the-top, just like most movies he's in, but I tollerated that. Then came the ending.... you can't use a genre and then completely re-write history by killing HItler and all the top Nazi's. That's like making a movie about JFK, and in the end he lives happily ever after. It kills the credibility of the entire movie. Anyone who liked that movie is an idiot.

Ingolrious Bastards.... 1 / 10

Decent movie in the beginning - very realistic about Nazi autrocities and the fear instilled in Jews. Brad Pitt's role was way over-the-top, just like most movies he's in, but I tollerated that. Then came the ending.... you can't use a genre and then completely re-write history by killing HItler and all the top Nazi's. That's like making a movie about JFK, and in the end he lives happily ever after. It kills the credibility of the entire movie. Anyone who liked that movie is an idiot.

Funny, I think it is his best movie. But it isn't a documentary.