Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Tom Brady's message to Peyton Manning - RE: breaking TD record

• Like 2

That did make me laugh.

:lock:

That was pretty funny. It would be nice to know what Brady would have done with all of the weapons Peyton has had over the years but one can only guess and that doesnt mean much. Kinda like wonder what my wife would have looked like if i was good lookin? :shocking:

Be even funnier if he mentioned the difference in rings. Glad I paused the game for ten minutes. It allowed me to fast forward through the five minutes of knob polishing. Congrats Mr. Losing Record in the Playoffs.

That was pretty funny. It would be nice to know what Brady would have done with all of the weapons Peyton has had over the years but one can only guess and that doesnt mean much. Kinda like wonder what my wife would have looked like if i was good lookin? :shocking:

I'm with ya there bro :cheers:

Brady had plenty of weapons too, maybe if Belichick wasnt all high on himself, he would have given him even more talent to work with.

of course with out Belichick, we would never even know who Tom Brady was

Brady had plenty of weapons too, maybe if Belichick wasnt all high on himself, he would have given him even more talent to work with.

of course with out Belichick, we would never even know who Tom Brady was

:thumbsup:

Pats beat the colts and bears in the super bowl 2005/2006 if BB hung onto Asante Samuel and Deion Branch

Manning envy. :thumbsup:

you knew the tards would come along and think 1 is greater than 3

Id take Brady's career any day over mannings

Of course, as of today. 100%.

as a pats fan, I say lets wait until they are retired to reflect.

People said Manning would never be considered one of the greats when he lost to the Saints in the super bowl. Wrong.

People said Manning would never be considered one of the greats when he lost to the Seahags in the super bowl. Wrong.

Lets see how many more times he chokes.

you knew the tards would come along and think 1 is greater than 3

Brady can always flaunt his rings in Manning's face just like Dilfer does to Marino. But when Pats fans :cry: about Brady not having the same weapons over the years....Manning envy.

Also...if we're talking chokes, Brady takes the cake. 18-1.

• Like 1

Brady can always flaunt his rings in Manning's face just like Dilfer does to Marino. But when Pats fans :cry: about Brady not having the same weapons over the years....Manning envy.

Also...if we're talking chokes, Brady takes the cake. 18-1.

This is almost too comical for response. Ha ha ha ha tell me you just didn't mention Trent Dilfer in the same sentence as Dan Marino? I'm no chowd homer, but give credit where it's due my man.

Brady hardly cost New England that game. He was a pedestrian 29 of 48 for 266 yds and only one touchdown. But that touchdown came late in the 4th quarter of a defensive game, capping a 12 play 80 yard masterpiece which took up 5 minutes and put the Pats in a position to win with 3 minutes left. It took a miracle catch by David Tyree and a miracle drive by Manning to win that game. Brady did fumble once, he was under siege by Strahan and Tuck the entire game as the Giants had five sacks, but it did not lead to any Giants points.

In fact, he probably had a better game in defeat than Peyton Manning had in his Super Bowl win. And of course all serious football fans know THAT win never happens without Rex Grossman and his four turnover meltdown.

Just go ahead and put me on that Peyton Manning can't win the big one bandwagon, in fact I'm the driver.

It would be nice to know what Brady would have done with all of the weapons Peyton has had over the years but one can only guess and that doesnt mean much. Kinda like wonder what my wife would have looked like if i was good lookin? :shocking:

While we're on the subjeect of things that make you go hmmm.............

I wonder how many rings Peyton would have or what he could have done if he had known all the defensive signals that Brady was given on opponents.

How many trophies would the Colts have if their defense knew the Offensive signals like the Pats did?

Too bad Manning had Tony Dungy all those years and wouldn't do such things.

:cheers:

Imagine how many super bowls Manning would've won if had Belichick and that NE defense. :o

While we're on the subjeect of things that make you go hmmm.............

I wonder how many rings Peyton would have or what he could have done if he had known all the defensive signals that Brady was given on opponents.

How many trophies would the Colts have if their defense knew the Offensive signals like the Pats did?

Too bad Manning had Tony Dungy all those years and wouldn't do such things.

:cheers:

:thumbsup: This.

• Like 1

This is almost too comical for response. Ha ha ha ha tell me you just didn't mention Trent Dilfer in the same sentence as Dan Marino? I'm no chowd homer, but give credit where it's due my man.

Brady hardly cost New England that game. He was a pedestrian 29 of 48 for 266 yds and only one touchdown. But that touchdown came late in the 4th quarter of a defensive game, capping a 12 play 80 yard masterpiece which took up 5 minutes and put the Pats in a position to win with 3 minutes left. It took a miracle catch by David Tyree and a miracle drive by Manning to win that game. Brady did fumble once, he was under siege by Strahan and Tuck the entire game as the Giants had five sacks, but it did not lead to any Giants points.

In fact, he probably had a better game in defeat than Peyton Manning had in his Super Bowl win. And of course all serious football fans know THAT win never happens without Rex Grossman and his four turnover meltdown.

Just go ahead and put me on that Peyton Manning can't win the big one bandwagon, in fact I'm the driver.

Being pedestrian in the SB after the single greatest season by a QB in history.....choke. Glad we agree.

And I'm not saying Dilfer is anywhere near the same league as Marino....but if folks wanna keep pointing to rings as evidence for one QBs superiority over another, then just stay consistent....even though it's a really stupid argument in the ultimate team sport.

Whatever....Manning envy comes in all sizes.

Being pedestrian in the SB after the single greatest season by a QB in history.....choke. Glad we agree.

And I'm not saying Dilfer is anywhere near the same league as Marino....but if folks wanna keep pointing to rings as evidence for one QBs superiority over another, then just stay consistent....even though it's a really stupid argument in the ultimate team sport.

Whatever....Manning envy comes in all sizes.

Please don't make me bust out Manning's stats in big games (games that ended his season.) I don't want to make you look sillier than you already do. Though I probably have the data in an old post of mine, I'd just do a search.

Please don't make me bust out Manning's stats in big games (games that ended his season.) I don't want to make you look sillier than you already do. Though I probably have the data in an old post of mine, I'd just do a search.

Regardless of the past, the manning envy he refers too is in the presence. Who would you rather be this season?

Regardless of the past, the manning envy he refers too is in the presence. Who would you rather be this season?

I'm not usually interested in this type of comparison, but, Brady is married to the top earning super model in the world and in terms of prestige that alone shits all over everyone else in most people's eyes. We live in a matriarchy. Men are judged almost entirely by their women.

I'm not usually interested in this type of comparison, but, Brady is married to the top earning super model in the world and in terms of prestige that alone shits all over everyone else in most people's eyes. We live in a matriarchy. Men are judged almost entirely by their women.

I disagree, we are talking football, I could care less who his wife is. But if you want to bring up non football subjects in play, I have more respect for guys who don't wear Uggs (which I am sure his super model wife had some influence over). In fact if one of my buddies was wearing Uggs because his super hot wife wanted him to, he would catch endless in my circles.

No, we are talking football in clutch situations, when the pressure is on and all the money is in the middle of the table. Who is the greatest fantasy football QB of all time? My God, it's Peyton Manning.

Who is the greatest NFL QB in big playoff games? That most certainly is NOT Peyton Manning.

:thumbsup:

Pats beat the colts and bears in the super bowl 2005/2006 if BB hung onto Asante Samuel and Deion Branch

They also beat the VaGiants in 2007 if Samuel doesn't drop that pick on sideline and win again in 2011 IF Welker catches that ball. So could have, would have and should have but didn't

They are both pretty fockin good and will finish probably top 3 QBs of all time. Patriots fans will take Brady every time and Colts fans will take Manning every time. But until Manning wins in Denver I'll say Denver fans will take Elway over Peyton

They are both pretty fockin good and will finish probably top 3 QBs of all time. Patriots fans will take Brady every time and Colts fans will take Manning every time. But until Manning wins in Denver I'll say Denver fans will take Elway over Peyton

very true

I think back to Mannings college scandal and wonder what it'd take for the average fan to forget Jameis Winston's issues. With the parody of the NFL Manning would have this record no matter what team he played for. He made stuff happen. Not to start a fight here but I don't think Marino Rivera saves 500 games for the Brewers or Astros.

If Manning's college scandal happened in today's world, with the social media and everybody waging a "war on women," it would have really hurt him.

Mariano Rivera was lights out in the post season, with perhaps exception to that series blower he had against AZ in 2001.

No, we are talking football in clutch situations, when the pressure is on and all the money is in the middle of the table. Who is the greatest fantasy football QB of all time? My God, it's Peyton Manning.

Who is the greatest NFL QB in big playoff games? That most certainly is NOT Peyton Manning.

Let's not forget the Patriots went 11-5 with Matt Cassel. And they got fined $500k for cheating. Brady is a product of his system which is why Manning is my choice. If you had to start a team from scratch, no team, no coach, who would you rather have? I'll take the sheriff.

Id take Brady's career any day over manning's

If Manning had played for the Pats, i would say his talent + the cheating would have equaled about 5 Super Bowl rings by now.

• Like 1

If Manning had played for the Pats, i would say his talent + the cheating would have equaled about 5 Super Bowl rings by now.

yea right

You don't even know what you're arguing. :doh:

If New England wins the SB this year, and Brady tears it up, and instead of giving him his proper due I come in here and remind everyone that Peyton Manning has the stats and records Brady doesn't......that'd be Brady envy.

Both QBs are great. They both belong on a short list of GOAT. People pick who they want to be #1 based on personality or some other personal preference. To think you can prove who's the greatest.....is just silly.

Be even funnier if he mentioned the difference in rings.

Why would Brady bring up his lack if a non cheating championship?

• Like 1

Peyton Manning is not the greatest Fantasy Qb ever. How many times did he not play or show up in week 16? Thanks again for 2006.

You don't even know what you're arguing. :doh:

If New England wins the SB this year, and Brady tears it up, and instead of giving him his proper due I come in here and remind everyone that Peyton Manning has the stats and records Brady doesn't......that'd be Brady envy.

Both QBs are great. They both belong on a short list of GOAT. People pick who they want to be #1 based on personality or some other personal preference. To think you can prove who's the greatest.....is just silly.

Peyton Manning is not a big game QB, ie. he can't win the big one. I know exactly what I am arguing.

Peyton Manning is not a big game QB, ie. he can't win the big one. I know exactly what I am arguing.

Are you sure? Because, ummm.....Manning has won the big one. :dunno:

You're arguing his postseason failures....something no one is disputing....in response to his regular season accomplishments.....Manning Envy.

Let's not forget the Patriots went 11-5 with Matt Cassel. And they got fined $500k for cheating. Brady is a product of his system which is why Manning is my choice. If you had to start a team from scratch, no team, no coach, who would you rather have? I'll take the sheriff.

Let's also not forget that Manning has played 3 more seasons than Brady (98-00)

As part of ESPN's NFL Nation Confidential survey of more than 320 players, the questions were asked, "If you had to start a team with one player, whom would it be?" and "Which player do you respect the most?"

And Manning was the top choice for both.

Manning was the leading vote-getter as first pick to start a team, with 62 votes (19 percent). Andrew Luck, who replaced Manning in Indianapolis, received 56 votes, and Tom Brady was third with 41 votes.

Eighty-six players (27 percent) chose Manning as the player they most respect. Brady and Vikings running back Adrian Peterson tied for second with 24 votes each.

Players get it....and by it, I don't mean Manning Envy. :thumbsup: