Sign in to follow this  
fantasy-guru

If C. Johnson plays this week....do you sit him?

Really how can someone know the answer to that question . If he is playing then I would say yes he can be a factor

He did make the flight to London so it's a fair question. Personally, I think another week and then the bye he should be good to go after that.

I've had the luxury of good options to replace him with in the past, not so this week with bye complications for Crabtree. If I sit him it'd be for Andre Holmes (or Dwayne Allen). But as of today, Holmes is how I'm planning on rolling.

I traded him for Emmanuel Sanders this week. I ain't dealing with it anymore. No way he plays this week, bye next week, then what. I read it was a severe high ankle sprain. F that, get some value for him unless your team is stacked

I didn't see this thread. It's out in London. Probably starts before you wake up which means the injury report is even earlier. It's a coin toss.

I can say with great confidence.....that no...Chris Johnson will not be a factor this week.

Maybe Chad Johnson though...

My team that drafted him went:

Calvin in the first, Rashad Jennings in the 4th, CJ0k in the 5th, Pitta in the 6th (PPR with 1.5 for TEs), Moreno in the 8th .... etc.

2-5 and facing the leagues point leader this week.

But if Calvin Johnson plays, I'm gonna start him.

If he plays, I am starting him. I doubt they take any more chances with him and reports this week have him feeling much better. That said, I am guessing he sits to rest through the bye week.

Remember last time he played? DECOY!

They tried the Decoy act before and it did not work.... Meaning if he plays hes not going to be a decoy, they are winning the game regardless if he plays or not. If he plays you start him

Being a Detroit homer, what I can't understand is how they can't find a way to get him the ball in some games. Every other team in the league can seemingly find a way to get their top WR the ball through play calling/changing routes. Detroit sometimes just seems to forget that he is there and is content with him being a "decoy". You shouldn't ever "decoy" the best WR in the league.

Unstartable til after the bye. If he scores this week, so be it. Im not taking another goose egg from his parlor tricks.

He'll be riding my bench even if he does play, right next to OBJ who's on a bye. I'm rolling with B.Marshall, E.Sanders and A.Robinson. No decoy ducks for me.

Calvin Johnson was at Lions' practice on Thursday and was apparently doing more work than he has in weeks. (Tim Twentyman on Twitter)

Fantasy Impact: Tim Twentyman added that Calvin was wearing his helmet and running routes and cutting. This is especially encouraging news considering Calvin has only been in able to fit in limited Friday practices the last month or so before ultimately sitting out the last two games. The decision will likely come down to Sunday but it is looking more and more likely that he will play. Be ready to get him back into your lineups.

I didn't mind sitting him when I was plugging in a replacement like Jeffery or Crabtree. With Crabtree on bye this week, the next man up to fill his shoes is Andre Holmes so I'm significantly more open to rolling the dice on him.

I'm about 90% sure sitting him til after the but. I got burned two weeks in a row on decoy

If he is active I almost have to play him. Went WR heavy at top of draft with Julius. With Julius struggling of late and faced Gates last night, Im down after last night and sitting at 4-3. I need the "real" Megatron back and in a hurry. I got Beckham to cover the bye next week. I may trot out Hunter instead and hope he and Mettenburger hook up for a couple long ones this week.

Dont care if he cuts, dont care if he runs. I will not play him til after bye, I would not play him for a pie. I will not start him in a jam, I will not start him sam i am.

Dont care if he cuts, dont care if he runs. I will not play him til after bye, I would not play him for a pie. I will not start him in a jam, I will not start him sam i am.

You must have small children too

I continue to hope that they hold him out of this game, giving him two more weeks to heal. I need him down the stretch to be Megatron.

He did make the flight to London so it's a fair question. Personally, I think another week and then the bye he should be good to go after that.

I've had the luxury of good options to replace him with in the past, not so this week with bye complications for Crabtree. If I sit him it'd be for Andre Holmes (or Dwayne Allen). But as of today, Holmes is how I'm planning on rolling.

London. Of course he wanted to make the trip to London. Very doubtful he plays. It would be the stupidest thing the Lions have done in a long list of stupid. Anyone who thinks he comes back before the bye is nuts. Only exception would be if they gave him a start just for incentive purposes. in any case don't start him.

London. Of course he wanted to make the trip to London. Very doubtful he plays. It would be the stupidest thing the Lions have done in a long list of stupid. Anyone who thinks he comes back before the bye is nuts. Only exception would be if they gave him a start just for incentive purposes. in any case don't start him.

Thats what im thinking, incentives. they would actually be wise to activate and start him then sit him after 1 play.

We simply will not know for sure. If he is active, you have to start him. If you feel the need to not start him if he's active, then be prepared if he goes off and you have him on the bench. Personally, I think he goes inactive.

What if ... and I'm just throwing this out there .. the only reason he made the trip is again as a decoy. Not on the feild this time, but for the media. He gets a free trip to London ...

I don't think he's gonna play.