Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***Official Seattle Seahawks Thread 2012***

Anybody here like Wilson? I would have just held out for Moore.

Gruden is in love with him.

Tremendous pick.

Russell Wilson, 3rd round.

Well, I have him as a bottom of the 4th round pick, but QBs tend to be taken way before their talent level. Will Russell Wilson ever be a starting QB in the NFL? Nope.

So, we've taken a backup LB part time player, a LB that will challenge Barrett Rudd for a starting spot, and a 3rd string QB with our first 3 picks. And STILL have not drafted a DE lineman. Which I've been begging to be picked for the last 7 or 8 years.

Brilliant!!!!

Yeah they do whine a lot but you're a biotch too

They? If the shoe fits wear it.

Russell Wilson, 3rd round.

Well, I have him as a bottom of the 4th round pick, but QBs tend to be taken way before their talent level. Will Russell Wilson ever be a starting QB in the NFL? Nope.

So, we've taken a backup LB part time player, a LB that will challenge Barrett Rudd for a starting spot, and a 3rd string QB with our first 3 picks. And STILL have not drafted a DE lineman. Which I've been begging to be picked for the last 7 or 8 years.

Brilliant!!!!

Time to change that tampon again Kiper jr.

They? If the shoe fits wear it.

I'm not a seahawk fan dipshiit

I'm not a seahawk fan dipshiit

Oh I'm a dipshit for assuming someone in a Seahawks thread was a Seahawks fan. so basically you are just a lowlife turd trolling other teams threads. Now go punch yourself in the balls and have your mother ice you down

I do :pointstosky: :pointstosky: :pointstosky:

great pick :thumbsup:

This is correct! A great pick. The only difference between Luck and Wilson is height.

Oh I'm a dipshit for assuming someone in a Seahawks thread was a Seahawks fan. so basically you are just a lowlife turd trolling other teams threads. Now go punch yourself in the balls and have your mother ice you down

my avatar of Tomlinson in a Jets uni and my sig of a Rex Ryan quote in green didn't clue you in? :lol: If you don't want me posting in this thread, too bad. Ignore me. I don't have any clue who you are nor do I care.

As for trolling, where? First pick was a bad reach, rest of the draft so far is pretty uninspiring. Although I do like Wilson.

This is correct! A great pick. The only difference between Luck and Wilson is height.

Wilson can't read a defense the same, go through progressions the same, nor do a Peyton Manning and call the entire game from the huddle. Luck is a once in a decade superstar, Wilson is mediocre QB prospect whose development went backwards when he left North Carolina St for Wisconsin in a transfer.

You are more retarded than retarded.

my avatar of Tomlinson in a Jets uni and my sig of a Rex Ryan quote in green didn't clue you in? :lol: If you don't want me posting in this thread, too bad. Ignore me. I don't have any clue who you are nor do I care.

As for trolling, where? First pick was a bad reach, rest of the draft so far is pretty uninspiring. Although I do like Wilson.

Your avatar and quote don't show on my iPhone so I had no idea you root for those clowns in new jersey. I never said you couldn't post here. I said you are a loser for hanging out in another teams thread. And since you root for jthe just end the season losers i really could care less what you think of the draft so far. However the fact that idiots like you and Kiper are bashing it means that the Hawks are really hitting out of the park.

Wilson can't read a defense the same, go through progressions the same, nor do a Peyton Manning and call the entire game from the huddle. Luck is a once in a decade superstar, Wilson is mediocre QB prospect whose development went backwards when he left North Carolina St for Wisconsin in a transfer.

Did your draft board tell you all that? Why don't you back to your Chicago bears thread.

Tar varies Jackson will be cut or traded. Wilson will push him Off the roster. Book it.

Goodnight and good riddance you whiny arses. I'd say enjoy the rest of the draft but I know none of you will. I'm off to a real message board to have some real Seahawks discussion.

Did your draft board tell you all that? Why don't you back to your Chicago bears thread.

Actually, my Ouija board told me you are a man yogurt lapper. You are annoying me more that the stupid Verizon commercial that has run on NFL Network every 5 seconds with the two weepy broads.

While 12th man just seems like a rah rah homer...how did Wilson's development go backwards by going to a pro-style offense of Wisconsin?

While 12th man just seems like a rah rah homer...how did Wilson's development go backwards by going to a pro-style offense of Wisconsin?

Yeah, my comments at this point are nearly 100% out of annoyance.

Wilson is OK. I liked other QB prospects better, but let me try to focus. I really loved Wilson at NC State. He was so focking creative as we was the entire show. Maybe the run heavy influence of Wisconsin's offense took some shine of his apple for me, as I didn't think he looked anywhere near as good as he did with NC State. I can't quote you too many stats, with my current consumption of beverages, but maybe I'll revisit again tomorrow. Thanks for asking.

Goodnight and good riddance you whiny arses. I'd say enjoy the rest of the draft but I know none of you will. I'm off to a real message board to have some real Seahawks discussion.

Go to an eat a bullet forum and ask for tips.

Wilson is OK. I liked other QB prospects better, but let me try to focus. I really loved Wilson at NC State. He was so focking creative as we was the entire show. Maybe the run heavy influence of Wisconsin's offense took some shine of his apple for me, as I didn't think he looked anywhere near as good as he did with NC State. I can't quote you too many stats, with my current consumption of beverages, but maybe I'll revisit again tomorrow. Thanks for asking.

Oh, and Russell Wilson is 5'10". If I want a short QB, I'd rather have Kellen Moore.

yeah... put down the booze...

Post tomorrow... Nothing in here makes sense

39 TDs with 4 INTs at UW took some of the shine off his apple?

DUMB :thumbsdown:

Wilson is a great pick. He will be competing to start from day one. I am excited about this underrated QB. I think its funny people rating picks against thier own draft boards. Like they matter. Irvin is a risk but I am not broken up about it. His college tape is amazing. Schneider needs both carpenter and irvin to pan out or he's gone. Wagner im not sure about. Depends on how carrol uses him.

yeah... put down the booze...

Post tomorrow... Nothing in here makes sense

39 TDs with 4 INTs at UW took some of the shine off his apple?

DUMB :thumbsdown:

Russell Wilson played in a pro style offense for Wisconsin. He loves to roll out of the pocket, left or right. Seattle runs a West Coast offense, and needs the QB to hang in the pocket more frequently than not. Wilson is short, less than 6 feet tall, which is problematic. Can Wilson completely change his game to fit Seattle's offense? Maybe, but much talented prospects have come out of the draft and not been able to fit a West Coast offense, like spread QBs coming out and not fitting into a pro style. It's a transition. Wilson is not a guy that took as many snaps from under center as he will have in the pros, and that forces a different perspective in reading defenses.

Wilson is competing for the 3rd string job this year. Next year, he could be the backup when T Jax contract expires. He could compete for the starter's job in 2 years when Flynn's contract is close to expiring. I just have a distrust in the front office when in reality this is a 7-9 team that did not make the playoffs last year, and so far has drafted one player in 3 picks that has any chance whatsoever to start next year (Wagner). If you are going to take a long term project at QB, maybe they look for someone whose skill set might be a better fit for the offense. He has talent. Maybe he ends up fitting. We will see. Initially, my first impression is that he doesn't.

Wow. Some people are flying off the hinges over this draft so far. If your draft boards are so accurate and have a track record of beating real GMs draft performance, why aren't you working in the NFL?

Russell Wilson played in a pro style offense for Wisconsin. He loves to roll out of the pocket, left or right. Seattle runs a West Coast offense, and needs the QB to hang in the pocket more frequently than not. Wilson is short, less than 6 feet tall, which is problematic. Can Wilson completely change his game to fit Seattle's offense? Maybe, but much talented prospects have come out of the draft and not been able to fit a West Coast offense, like spread QBs coming out and not fitting into a pro style. It's a transition. Wilson is not a guy that took as many snaps from under center as he will have in the pros, and that forces a different perspective in reading defenses.

Wilson is competing for the 3rd string job this year. Next year, he could be the backup when T Jax contract expires. He could compete for the starter's job in 2 years when Flynn's contract is close to expiring. I just have a distrust in the front office when in reality this is a 7-9 team that did not make the playoffs last year, and so far has drafted one player in 3 picks that has any chance whatsoever to start next year (Wagner). If you are going to take a long term project at QB, maybe they look for someone whose skill set might be a better fit for the offense. He has talent. Maybe he ends up fitting. We will see. Initially, my first impression is that he doesn't.

Wilson > Tjax

book it

Wow. Some people are flying off the hinges over this draft so far. If your draft boards are so accurate and have a track record of beating real GMs draft performance, why aren't you working in the NFL?

Who wants to take a pay cut?

After a brutal Thursday, we get two semi-reasonable picks on Friday although I would have gone in other directions. I think they traded down in the 2nd round and lost out on the player they really wanted, just like on Thursday. Very foolish. And Fringe gets renewed. Thank God for Jax and taking a punter early in the 3rd round, funny as hell. All in all, I've seen worse days.

The real draft gets going today, when the current front office has a track record of actual success. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Your avatar and quote don't show on my iPhone so I had no idea you root for those clowns in new jersey. I never said you couldn't post here. I said you are a loser for hanging out in another teams thread. And since you root for jthe just end the season losers i really could care less what you think of the draft so far. However the fact that idiots like you and Kiper are bashing it means that the Hawks are really hitting out of the park.

now you sound like the drunk raving lunatic.

you sound pretty bitter, not as happy with the hawks picks as you're pretending to be?

As I watched the Hawks picks last night, my first thought was "I can't wait to see this thread"..and it hasn't disappointed. I'm also convinced that 12th Man dude HAS to be an alias. If his goal was to look stupid and get philly worked up...well done.

As I watched the Hawks picks last night, my first thought was "I can't wait to see this thread"..and it hasn't disappointed. I'm also convinced that 12th Man dude HAS to be an alias. If his goal was to look stupid and get philly worked up...well done.

In my defense, I did call him Sweetness_34 at the beginning of yesterday, so I was certainly walking the line of "it's a bit" and "it's not a bit". I have some thoughts as to if he's real or not, and if not, who it might be. I'd think it would be fascinating if it was the long time geek responsible for the BartHendricks alias.

Bengals going a very solid job this year.

12th Man - Don't let the door hit you on the way out! You won't be missed.

Others - We all love to have our boards. We spend a lot of time on them and do a lot of research. I know it doesn't mean anything, but It's done with a lot of time spent on these guy's and work put into it. And I find it funny that me and Phily are on the same exact page with a lot of our evaluations.

Some of you don't, that's fine, but it doesn't mean we don't know what we are talking about and are input is meaningless. Nobody is perfect and never said we are. Neither is Carrol and other scouts, pro's, etc. though.

It boils down to just our views and likes. "Our View". It's pretty typical that most everybody say's if there is 1 reach, it was the Hawks. There is something to that.

Maybe they turn out, maybe they don't and we are right. But, the good teams like Balt. Pitts, and NE, etc. don't reach and take best players that drop to them. It's pretty easy to see that. Teams like Jax take punters early. We are border line reaching with every pick. Period.

Phillybear - I'm with you completely, however Wilson did play 2 systems. He played a West Coast system in his first stint. He's got great stats. I can't find anything wrong with him other then his size. But, being that short is a HUGE issue to me. Lots to like though, but more risk with the pick.

But, once again they did not draft for value and reached. They should have took him in the 4th or taken somebody else if he was gone. I don't understand the idea of reaching for him after signing Flynn. Let the draft fall to you. Use one of the extra 4th's on a guy like this/3rd QB. I do like Wilson though. But, I also had him after others such as Darron Thomas and K. Moore.

Not a huge fan of B. Wagner that early also. To me, he was another slight reach. There were first rounders sitting out there and Wagner is a pure 2nd rounder to me with similar players on the board.

I'm not a fan of this draft "in my view" so far. To me we took each guy a round to early and thus it feels like we picked no 1st rounder. I love the trade downs. I do love the speed we brought in. That's about it.

My perfect draft would have been this right now, as it would have worked out:

We'll see how it turns out. I like Whitney in Houston. He's going to take right over for

M. Williams.

1. Whitney Mercilus/True DE that can also put pressure on the edge. 3 down player.

2. Rueben Randel/WR (Or move up for C. Upshaw)

3. L. Miller/RB Or Polk/RB or best LB here.

(T. Lewis, L. David, R. Lewis, N. Braham, Burfict, James Michael Johnson, N. Goode)

Hawks have there guy's. That's good. But, I think they fail to draft for value. They reach on there "limited" likes, when there are plenty of other good options out there.

This is all my views so you can take it for what it's worth.

This draft is a C- right now and could have been an A easily with those great trade down moves.

To me we took each guy a round to early and thus it feels like we picked no 1st rounder.

Yep. That about sums it up.

Also, scanning over your post, move Burfict down your board. Got popped for drugs on a test a few days ago; unless you factored that in already.

Anyway, at least I'm not worried about drafting for the best value right now in this 4th round, necessarily. Just pick somebody that can help. A running back, a defensive end, something.

Robert Turbin, RB, cornering the market on Utah St players.

Utah St is a program that seems to be on the rise. They have lost a bunch of really close games against some pretty good teams the last couple of seasons. Unfortunately for them, their best player on offense is in the draft this year, RB Turbin. I would be OK with grabbing Turbin if the value is OK, but I think you mentioned him a few pages ago, so it's not like you don't know about him. I'm babbling. Back to the spreadsheet.

I actually mentioned him last night with that quote. I like the pick. The Apocalypse is upon us.

12th Man - Don't let the door hit you on the way out! You won't be missed.

Others - We all love to have our boards. We spend a lot of time on them and do a lot of research. I know it doesn't mean anything, but It's done with a lot of time spent on these guy's and work put into it. And I find it funny that me and Phily are on the same exact page with a lot of our evaluations.

Some of you don't, that's fine, but it doesn't mean we don't know what we are talking about and are input is meaningless. Nobody is perfect and never said we are. Neither is Carrol and other scouts, pro's, etc. though.

It boils down to just our views and likes. "Our View". It's pretty typical that most everybody say's if there is 1 reach, it was the Hawks. There is something to that.

Maybe they turn out, maybe they don't and we are right. But, the good teams like Balt. Pitts, and NE, etc. don't reach and take best players that drop to them. It's pretty easy to see that. Teams like Jax take punters early. We are border line reaching with every pick. Period.

Phillybear - I'm with you completely, however Wilson did play 2 systems. He played a West Coast system in his first stint. He's got great stats. I can't find anything wrong with him other then his size. But, being that short is a HUGE issue to me. Lots to like though, but more risk with the pick.

But, once again they did not draft for value and reached. They should have took him in the 4th or taken somebody else if he was gone. I don't understand the idea of reaching for him after signing Flynn. Let the draft fall to you. Use one of the extra 4th's on a guy like this/3rd QB. I do like Wilson though. But, I also had him after others such as Darron Thomas and K. Moore.

Not a huge fan of B. Wagner that early also. To me, he was another slight reach. There were first rounders sitting out there and Wagner is a pure 2nd rounder to me with similar players on the board.

I'm not a fan of this draft "in my view" so far. To me we took each guy a round to early and thus it feels like we picked no 1st rounder. I love the trade downs. I do love the speed we brought in. That's about it.

My perfect draft would have been this right now, as it would have worked out:

We'll see how it turns out. I like Whitney in Houston. He's going to take right over for

M. Williams.

1. Whitney Mercilus/True DE that can also put pressure on the edge. 3 down player.

2. Rueben Randel/WR (Or move up for C. Upshaw)

3. L. Miller/RB Or Polk/RB or best LB here.

(T. Lewis, L. David, R. Lewis, N. Braham, Burfict, James Michael Johnson, N. Goode)

Hawks have there guy's. That's good. But, I think they fail to draft for value. They reach on there "limited" likes, when there are plenty of other good options out there.

This is all my views so you can take it for what it's worth.

This draft is a C- right now and could have been an A easily with those great trade down moves.

Your board is an exercise in futility. Get a life and enjoy the draft. you are not a NFL talent evaluator.

Robert Turbin, RB, cornering the market on Utah St players.

I actually mentioned him last night with that quote. I like the pick. The Apocalypse is upon us.

Another tremendous pick. PC/JS are on fire this year.

Another tremendous pick. PC/JS are on fire this year.

You are an NFL team owners dream. A sociopath, a person that never questions any decision a franchise makes. You have no objectivity, a total creep that allows other to form your opinions. Tonight, a rather large Indian will smother you with a pillow and then escape through a window.

Oh, and going 1 out of 4 is not on fire. It's more like getting a pilot light lit with a match.