never heard of it, what makes it different than say Carmax or Autotrader?

Essentially it is a vending machine but for cars.

What happens if the car gets stuck? Does the next guy get two cars or do you shake the machine and hope it falls out?

• Like 2

Hopefully some of your listened to my Bitcoin and Ethereum investments, probably not but anyways.

My next big winner is: Carvana (CVNA)

Floating around ten dollars right now with only two locations, I can see this company completely changing the car buying experience. As millennials get older this in my opinion is sure to take off.

Is it anything like Vroom?

Is it anything like Vroom?

Yes, but much better. Vroom is also private and you can't invest.

Long term Tesla. That stock will get to 8-900 and split

Long term Tesla. That stock will get to 8-900 and split

I bought 300 shares of Tesla at 21, sold it at 302

did the same with Paypal, the same with Solar City (not as successful, but that was more of a Musk buy in than product), and waiting for Space X to go public

one thing I know if Musk is behind it, load up

I bought 300 shares of Tesla at 21, sold it at 302

did the same with Paypal, the same with Solar City (not as successful, but that was more of a Musk buy in than product), and waiting for Space X to go public

one thing I know if Musk is behind it, load up

I got in at 200 and I'm going to hold. I bought google at 250ish watched it split into class C shares at 900 and now both A & C are back up to 800 so I'm waiting for another split.

I got in at 200 and I'm going to hold. I bought google at 250ish watched it split into class C shares at 900 and now both A & C are back up to 800 so I'm waiting for another split.

yah I sold Google at 600, Apple at 600 right before the split and Netflix at 350 after buying in at 35

I just had a premonition of tanatastic rolling his eyes. :shocking:

Bump.

I have a little mad money and wouldn't mind having some fun investing. :thumbsup:

What's the best site to use for something like that?

How often would you say you buy or sell, 90sbaby?

Bump.

I have a little mad money and wouldn't mind having some fun investing. :thumbsup:

What's the best site to use for something like that?

How often would you say you buy or sell, 90sbaby?

I do my investments quarterly. If I day traded I think I would go crazy (not kidding).

I use thinkorswim (TD Ameritrade) for stocks, bonds, etc....

For crypto currencies (where most of my attention is at the moment) I use poloniex.com - it can be overwhelming at first since you won't know a lot of the terminology but if you have any questions I can gladly help.

I also buy silver and gold just to diversify.

90sbaby, I opened and funded an Ameritrade account last night, so I'm good to go. I have 60 days of free trades, so this would be a good time to get in on some stuff.

So whatcha got right now? Carvana? Was reading about them a little bit, seems promising but the price has been down recently. Will it go lower? Also how many "units" would you put on this one?

90sbaby, I opened and funded an Ameritrade account last night, so I'm good to go. I have 60 days of free trades, so this would be a good time to get in on some stuff.

So whatcha got right now? Carvana? Was reading about them a little bit, seems promising but the price has been down recently. Will it go lower? Also how many "units" would you put on this one?

Here is where all my chips are:

Carvana

SnapChat - floating around 20USD right now, this is sure to go up in the next 2-3 years as SnapChat shifts from a social network to a augmented reality social network. They are working on a lot of cool technology right now. Easily can double or triple your money with this play.

3d Systems Corporation

Stratasys

Proto Labs

All of these are 3d printing companies and are the leading the way in the industry. Not sure which one is going to take the lead in the pack at this point so I am invested in all of them and when it becomes more clear I will shift my funds to that stock.

Kush Bottles

GW Pharmaceuticals

Aurora Cannabis

Basically the same thing as the 3d printing companies. All of these companies are the leaders in the marijuana industry and I want to cash in. Aurora is my favorite out of these 3.

LG Display (LPL) - Make sure you use the symbol LPL as there are a few different LG stocks to buy. The reason I suggest buying LG display is they are leading the way in OLED folding displays and they licensed out the technology to Apple.

---

You should also seriously consider opening Poloniex account and trading CC's, I think that is where the most money will be made.

Here is where all my chips are:

Carvana

SnapChat - floating around 20USD right now, this is sure to go up in the next 2-3 years as SnapChat shifts from a social network to a augmented reality social network. They are working on a lot of cool technology right now. Easily can double or triple your money with this play.

3d Systems Corporation

Stratasys

Proto Labs

All of these are 3d printing companies and are the leading the way in the industry. Not sure which one is going to take the lead in the pack at this point so I am invested in all of them and when it becomes more clear I will shift my funds to that stock.

Kush Bottles

GW Pharmaceuticals

Aurora Cannabis

Basically the same thing as the 3d printing companies. All of these companies are the leaders in the marijuana industry and I want to cash in. Aurora is my favorite out of these 3.

LG Display (LPL) - Make sure you use the symbol LPL as there are a few different LG stocks to buy. The reason I suggest buying LG display is they are leading the way in OLED folding displays and they licensed out the technology to Apple.

---

You should also seriously consider opening Poloniex account and trading CC's, I think that is where the most money will be made.

So you really think people like cars, weed and TV? :huh:

How about proportions, do you put sort of an equal amount on each stock, or do you go heavier on your favorites?

The cryptocurrency thing scares me a little bit, first that I'd be too stoopid to understand it, and second that I wouldn't have the time to devote to it - I'm imagining it being more volatile...or can it be pretty much buy-and-hold like with the stocks?

So you really think people like cars, weed and TV? :huh:

How about proportions, do you put sort of an equal amount on each stock, or do you go heavier on your favorites?

The cryptocurrency thing scares me a little bit, first that I'd be too stoopid to understand it, and second that I wouldn't have the time to devote to it - I'm imagining it being more volatile...or can it be pretty much buy-and-hold like with the stocks?

All of these are game changers. Do a little research on each of them and see which ones you like the most.

I put more money on my favorites, but it is always good to force yourself to diversify because you just never know what will happen.

As far as CC's, dumb people freak out, smart people get rich. Right now is the best time to invest while many are scared. You need to stop thinking about them are currencies and research what a blockchain after you do that, you will see why they are so valuable. Specifically Ethereum.

The CC's are definitely buy and hold as well as the stocks I listed. I could day trade and probably make decent money doing it, but I wouldn't be happy, I would have no social life whatsoever.

I sold my Tesla stock today

Hopefully some of your listened to my Bitcoin and Ethereum investments, probably not but anyways.

My next big winner is: Carvana (CVNA)

Floating around ten dollars right now with only two locations, I can see this company completely changing the car buying experience. As millennials get older this in my opinion is sure to take off.

Man oh man, I so want to get into the market but still don't have money to play with. I thank you for sharing with us though. :thumbsup:

Man oh man, I so want to get into the market but still don't have money to play with. I thank you for sharing with us though. :thumbsup:

Secondored, thanks 90sbaby. :thumbsup: I hope you continue to update. Others, too - Cdub, RaiderHater, whoever has a hot tip that can't miss. :thumbsup:

Best thing to do with weed stocks was to buy last August or September and sell before the election on all the hype surrounding the various state props to legalize... most have been down since then and there are not many catalysts on the near Horizon unless you're dealing with Canadian cannabis stocks. also many of the pot stocks are sort of just BS companies no offense they sell special soil and childproof weed containers none of these companies can currently get bank loans or even keep their funds in bank accounts.

Not saying there won't be a payoff down the road but historically these stocks have been a buy the hype sell the news investment every few years when legalization votes are on the ballot or when dispensaries for example were initially opened in Colorado and other states these stocks get a little bit of a pump and then once it actually happens they fall back down

They are not even really viable day trading stocks

Secondored, thanks 90sbaby. :thumbsup: I hope you continue to update. Others, too - Cdub, RaiderHater, whoever has a hot tip that can't miss. :thumbsup:

I hate giving stock advice I always feel bad if initially the investment goes down and I feel like I've given someone poor advice even though I personally have no problem holding onto my investment knowing that I have a conviction

One stock I've been heavily invested in for a few years now is Fannie Mae I bought shares around a dollar and sold around $5 after hype of hedge funds starting lawsuits against the government. some of those lawsuits have been thrown out and the stock price went back down and a little over a year ago I bought back in at 1.30. After Mnuchin made some promising comments and after Trump was elected the stock more than tripled. I didn't sell so I'm still holding it at a profit but it's a stock that I follow very closely and feel comfortable that I'm going to hold until the end game. the end game either being the abolishment of the companies or the restoration of them at which point they are way way way undervalued for the type of profits they turn. Being that they are so crucial to the 30 year mortgage, I really don't see them vanishing completely without a sensible alternative.

If you really want your stomach to churn, do some light reading on the GSEs, the Obama administration and the "net worth sweep". One of the most sickening heists in government history thay no one talks about. Short synopsis: Obama administration had info that fannie mae and freddie mac were about to start turning massive profits in 2012, so right before this happenedn they changed the terms of the original bailout to be a sweep of 100% of the companies profits (which wouldn't even count toward the repayment of their bailout) and would leave the companies unable to recapitalize, potentially needing to draw more funds from the government if they turned a bad quarter or two. To date, fannie and freddie have far exceeded the repayment of their initial bailouts and where has the $$ gone? Further more, the government continues to ask fr extension after extension in court to avoid turning over potentially incriminating documents.

It's sad. I lost a lot of faith in both our government and legal system by following this issue

• Like 2

I hate giving stock advice I always feel bad if initially the investment goes down and I feel like I've given someone poor advice even though I personally have no problem holding onto my investment knowing that I have a conviction

One stock I've been heavily invested in for a few years now is Fannie Mae I bought shares around a dollar and sold around $5 after hype of hedge funds starting lawsuits against the government. some of those lawsuits have been thrown out and the stock price went back down and a little over a year ago I bought back in at 1.30. After Mnuchin made some promising comments and after Trump was elected the stock more than tripled. I didn't sell so I'm still holding it at a profit but it's a stock that I follow very closely and feel comfortable that I'm going to hold until the end game. the end game either being the abolishment of the companies or the restoration of them at which point they are way way way undervalued for the type of profits they turn.

If you really want your stomach to churn, do some light reading on the GSEs, the Obama administration and the "net worth sweep". One of the most sickening heists in government history. Short synopsis: Obama administration had info that fannie mae and freddie mac were about to start turning massive profits in 2012, so they changed the terms of the original bailout to be a sweep of 100% of the companies profits (which wouldn't even count toward the repayment of their bailout) and would leave the companies unable to recapitalize, potentially needong to draw more funds from the government if they turned a bad quarter or two. To date, fannie and freddie have far exceeded the repayment of their initial bailouts and where has the $$ gone?

Obviously just kidding about the "can't miss" thing. It's understood that this type of thing is always speculative and buyer-beware, but good opinions/rebuttals with strong support like you just posted are always welcome. :thumbsup:

I also like nvidia and amd in the chip maker area. I think AMD is a good value right now after falling from recent highs.

Alright, I am in on:

Carvana

Tesla

AMD

LG

NVIDIA

Now here's what a monumental moron I am. Two nights ago I put in orders for three stocks including Carvana, but at the closing price, which was below the "ask" price, and they didn't go through. The next day, Carvana went up like $4. :doh:

Alright, I am in on:

Carvana

Tesla

AMD

LG

NVIDIA

Now here's what a monumental moron I am. Two nights ago I put in orders for three stocks including Carvana, but at the closing price, which was below the "ask" price, and they didn't go through. The next day, Carvana went up like $4. :doh:

Damn bummer, I was going to see if you got in before the spike. Didn't expect it to jump like that this soon. Should be 20-25+ by the end of the year.

I would sell your NVIDIA and AMD shares. I did plenty of research after WW recommended them and I don't see at all what he sees in them.

I would sell your NVIDIA and AMD shares. I did plenty of research after WW recommended them and I don't see at all what he sees in them.

Will keep that in mind. I'm fee-free for 60 days, so a quick dump wouldn't hurt me. :thumbsup:

At least for AMD, it didn't sound like he thinks it's going to skyrocket or anything, just that it's too low and should at least rise back to some equilibrium.

WW, do you own AMD and NVIDIA?

Will keep that in mind. I'm fee-free for 60 days, so a quick dump wouldn't hurt me. :thumbsup:

At least for AMD, it didn't sound like he thinks it's going to skyrocket or anything, just that it's too low and should at least rise back to some equilibrium.

I mean you can hold them, he may know something I don't, but from the information that is available on the internet it just isn't there for me.

A bit of advice for long term investing, holding the stock is not always a bad idea. I bought my house in 99 and a couple years later the internet bubble burst and pretty much all the internet stocks went in the toilet. Amazon was trading at like 6 dollars a share, something ridiculous, and I knew that they would survive, I think Bezos is a genius, but I was broke after putting everything we had into the house. I called my dad and my sister telling them that it's a good stock and a good time to get in, even 5 thousand dollars worth. Neither did. Now I know I would have never held on this long but that stock is trading today at $1,010.16.

I have no idea how many times it split but that still makes me sick.

A bit of advice for long term investing, holding the stock is not always a bad idea. I bought my house in 99 and a couple years later the internet bubble burst and pretty much all the internet stocks went in the toilet. Amazon was trading at like 6 dollars a share, something ridiculous, and I knew that they would survive, I think Bezos is a genius, but I was broke after putting everything we had into the house. I called my dad and my sister telling them that it's a good stock and a good time to get in, even 5 thousand dollars worth. Neither did. Now I know I would have never held on this long but that stock is trading today at $1,010.16.

I have no idea how many times it split but that still makes me sick.

Invest in Ethereum or Litecoin right now and you'll forget all about this.

But yeah that sucks. I remember being 13-14 and telling my dad he should invest in Apple when the iPod came out, he didn't. :(

I've been out of the market ever since I got screwed on that Frozen Concentrated Orange Juice deal. :mad:

:D

I own AMD. They are making major plays in the high end cpu and gpu market where as a few years ago they dominated only the low end PC market and gaming consoles.

As for chip makers in general including nvidia, these companies will continue to play major roles in gaming consoles, PCs, VR technology, self driving cars, etc.... including something 90sbaby is in to... cryptocurrency mining

AMD shares took too big a tumble after earnings report and have started to climb back.

I do agree 100% with 90sbaby on ethereum

I own AMD. They are making major plays in the high end cpu and gpu market where as a few years ago they dominated only the low end PC market and gaming consoles.

As for chip makers in general including nvidia, these companies will continue to play major roles in gaming consoles, PCs, VR technology, self driving cars, etc.... including something 90sbaby is in to... cryptocurrency mining

AMD shares took too big a tumble after earnings report and have started to climb back.

I do agree 100% with 90sbaby on ethereum

I would just wait for Nvidia to retract a bit. I have added Nvidia to my watch list, if it dips below $110 I'll consider buying in. I just don't see the ceiling for Nvidia being much higher than where it is currently. To me it is something longer term that you might make 20-30 percent in the next five years. I look for black swans.

What currency exchange do you trade on? Have you invested in Litecoin or Ripple?

I would just wait for Nvidia to retract a bit. I have added Nvidia to my watch list, if it dips below $110 I'll consider buying in. I just don't see the ceiling for Nvidia being much higher than where it is currently. To me it is something longer term that you might make 20-30 percent in the next five years. I look for black swans.

What currency exchange do you trade on? Have you invested in Litecoin or Ripple?

I'm kt invested in any currency. I agree with you on ethereum but have not taken thag plunge. My trade account is with capital one. I've had it since it was ING.

Also I don't disagree on nvidia. That's why I personally own AMD. I think it has more rapid growth potential as it enters into the high-end chip Market whereas Nvidia has already traditionally dominated that market and they are now going to need to produce products to stay ahead of AMD

I would rather own the smaller guy who's gaining market share than the larger guy who needs to fight to keep that market share

I don't view Nvidia as a bad investment I just prefer the quicker gains I believe AMD has to offer. For example I added more shares of AMD after the pullback and those Shares are already up quite a bit

I sold my Tesla stock today

Bad move

I sold at 339

Closed today at 370

Don't get me wrong I still made money, but could have made more.