Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***Official Seattle Seahawks Thread 2012***

You can't coach fast. The problem is that you will have to coach him on everything else. :mad: :mad:

OK, OK, OK, I need to let this go....go to my happy place. A nice, relaxing, happy place. Where we see a beer waterfall. And a midget on a tricycle. And I've managed to kill the sun. And I'm standing in the Seattle draft room, where everybody looks scared. Because I have a shotgun. Happy....place......happy.....

Yea because most NFL players don't need coaching...

Again way to early to tell about anyone in this draft but it sure feels like a waste of draft position to be drafting players likely available in the second round. I am worried Schneider and Carrol are getting too full of themselves and making these picks to prove how smart they are.

If Irvin was the guy they should have taken a Coples/Ingram at 15 and then traded back into the late first round for him. They had the extra picks to spare and Cinncy traded with NE so this was possible. This way we would have had a stud DE/Linebacker and the heir apparent to Clemons at the LEO position. Our defense would have made the leap to truly elite this year. Now they have to hit on some mid round linebackers and hope Irvin/Clemons can coexist.

Not smart to waste draft position like this, I am just curious who is going to take the heat if Carpenter and Irvin both end up as busts? Has to be Schneider right?

Can you provide irrefutable evidence that Irvin would have been available 10-15 slots later? The answer is no. Just like I can't provide irrefutable evidence that he would not have been available. Therefore to assume the Seahawks could have gotten the player and more picks is baseless. They wanted him; they took him. I for one think it was a good pick based on this hybrid defense that Carroll runs. Now it's up to Irvin to produce.

No one knows where he would of went if Seattle didn't take him at 15. That's the beauty of the NFL draft. It only takes one team (or even one person) to fall in love with a player and they go long before they are expected to. I guess my opinion is that if I was a Seattle fan, I wouldn't want to see my team continue to make a habit of reaching for players in the draft(unless they show a track record of being right). By doing this, they are losing value. This isn't about how good Bruce Irvin is or is going to be. The #15 draft spot in the NFL draft holds a certain amount of value. By taking a player that MAY have been there 10-15 spots later or more, you are giving away value.

Now obviously you aren't always going to be right, but sometimes you have to take a chance. If Seattle was absolutely positively in love with Bruce Irvin, had to have him, AND had a strong inclination he wasn't going to last much longer, then you draft the player. But in a general sense, most people are going to look at this pick like a pretty big reach and a loss of value. But you are right, no one really knows...

Yea because most NFL players don't need coaching...

Unfortunately, the coaches will have to teach Irvin how to play the game of football from scratch. Are we having fun yet? :banana:

Since we are drafting at 2.11, let's identify the best 12 players or so available, while I study the 5th round players for who we will actually select...

Courtney Upshaw, LB

Cordey Glenn OG/OT

Coby Fleener, TE

Jerel Worthy, DT

Jonathan Martin, OT

Andre Branch, DE

Janoris Jenkins, CB

Stephen Hill, WR

Reuben Randel, WR

Devon Still, DT

Kendall Reyes, OT

Peter Konz, C

Alshon Jeffrey, WR

Zach Brown, LB

Bobbie Massie, OT

Vinnie Curry, DE

Lavonte David, LB

No one knows where he would of went if Seattle didn't take him at 15. That's the beauty of the NFL draft. It only takes one team (or even one person) to fall in love with a player and they go long before they are expected to. I guess my opinion is that if I was a Seattle fan, I wouldn't want to see my team continue to make a habit of reaching for players in the draft(unless they show a track record of being right). By doing this, they are losing value. This isn't about how good Bruce Irvin is or is going to be. The #15 draft spot in the NFL draft holds a certain amount of value. By taking a player that MAY have been there 10-15 spots later or more, you are giving away value.

Now obviously you aren't always going to be right, but sometimes you have to take a chance. If Seattle was absolutely positively in love with Bruce Irvin, had to have him, AND had a strong inclination he wasn't going to last much longer, then you draft the player. But in a general sense, most people are going to look at this pick like a pretty big reach and a loss of value. But you are right, no one really knows...

So if you have no idea where would have been picked, how do you know it was a reach? You don't. I'm sorry but the Kiper/McShay big boards aren't the be all and end all of player evaluation.

Unfortunately, the coaches will have to teach Irvin how to play the game of football from scratch. Are we having fun yet? :banana:

I am having a blast.

So if you have no idea where would have been picked, how do you know it was a reach? You don't. I'm sorry but the Kiper/McShay big boards aren't the be all and end all of player evaluation.

Do you realize that the 5 years I ranted and raved that I could put together a better draft than Tim Ruskell, I was 100% right? And I did.

Since we are drafting at 2.11, let's identify the best 12 players or so available, while I study the 5th round players for who we will actually select...

Courtney Upshaw, LB

Cordey Glenn OG/OT

Coby Fleener, TE

Jerel Worthy, DT

Jonathan Martin, OT

Andre Branch, DE

Janoris Jenkins, CB

Stephen Hill, WR

Reuben Randel, WR

Devon Still, DT

Kendall Reyes, OT

Peter Konz, C

Alshon Jeffrey, WR

Zach Brown, LB

Bobbie Massie, OT

Vinnie Curry, DE

Lavonte David, LB

My guess is the Hawks go LB so a Zach Brown, Lavonte David or even Mychal Kendrick's would not be surprising.

First of all, in some alternate universe where I can still feel a moment of joy once in a while, Seattle lands Upshaw in the 2nd round. And I could also enjoy a rare vacation day away from work drinking myself into a good mood, not trying to forget what happened last night. Irvin just wasn't a 1st round talent. People were dogging Coples for motivation, but Irvin's issues are no big deal.

I am taking a deep breath, and trying to move on. Last night was a disaster. If for some reason people want to feel optimistic about last night, go for it. I will do my best to not rip the poster after my venting on 12th Sweetness Man, nor the player irvin until watching them play. My feelings are well documented, and I need to focus on the rest of the draft. Sigh. Deep breath in, deep breath out. Deep breath in, I need a paper bag.

I'm not happy about this pick either. Whether or not he turns out to be a good player has nothing to do with drafting for value, and I want my team to maximize value. Wring every last drop of value out of this process to make itself better. My post was me clutching at straws to find a silver lining to this debacle.

I'm not happy about this pick either. Whether or not he turns out to be a good player has nothing to do with drafting for value, and I want my team to maximize value. Wring every last drop of value out of this process to make itself better. My post was me clutching at straws to find a silver lining to this debacle.

Value is such a subjective term. So let me play devils advocate. What players did you value and what analysis did you use to determine said value?

Value is such a subjective term. So let me play devils advocate. What players did you value and what analysis did you use to determine said value?

Logic suggests and I will confirm that most of the fan base coveted the players that were selected within the next couple of picks after the Seahawks pick.

I was dancing a jig in my living room, celebrating Ingram or Coples when stupid St Louis was on the clock. We were going to grab one of them!!! :banana:

:(

Courtney Upshaw, LB

Cordey Glenn OG/OT

Coby Fleener, TE

Jerel Worthy, DT

Jonathan Martin, OT

Andre Branch, DE

Janoris Jenkins, CB

Stephen Hill, WR

Reuben Randel, WR

Devon Still, DT

Kendall Reyes, OT

Peter Konz, C

Alshon Jeffrey, WR

Zach Brown, LB

Bobbie Massie, OT

Vinnie Curry, DE

Lavonte David, LB

By the by, I skipped over Mike Adams, OT even though we was ranked among these player due to his positive drug test, and figured he would drop. Jayron Hosley CB is in the same boat, but he is more end of the 2nd round value.

Well some dipsh!t ESPN reporter that was sitting in Seattle's draft room had this to say...

Link

Going by the players selected so far, the Seahawks landed the first defensive end drafted, while the Eagles took the second defensive tackle. The bigger question is whether Seattle was right in valuing Bruce Irvin as the first defensive end. But if Irvin truly was the best pass-rusher in this draft, and if the New York Jets or another team was going to draft him in the top 20 or so, the Seahawks came out of the trade just fine.

Brockers and Fletcher Cox were the other defensive linemen the Seahawks were considering when they traded back from the 12th spot. Both were gone when Seattle picked 15th; the Eagles took Cox at No. 12.

So, BOTH guys we wanted at #12 were sitting there, and we traded back, and got NONE of them. Even though a guy we wanted was sitting there. Am I taking crazy pills? Do anyone else see what I'm seeing? Rowdy Roddy Piper, put on your glasses.

Well some dipsh!t ESPN reporter that was sitting in Seattle's draft room had this to say...

Link

Going by the players selected so far, the Seahawks landed the first defensive end drafted, while the Eagles took the second defensive tackle. The bigger question is whether Seattle was right in valuing Bruce Irvin as the first defensive end. But if Irvin truly was the best pass-rusher in this draft, and if the New York Jets or another team was going to draft him in the top 20 or so, the Seahawks came out of the trade just fine.

Brockers and Fletcher Cox were the other defensive linemen the Seahawks were considering when they traded back from the 12th spot. Both were gone when Seattle picked 15th; the Eagles took Cox at No. 12.

So, BOTH guys we wanted at #12 were sitting there, and we traded back, and got NONE of them. Even though a guy we wanted was sitting there. Am I taking crazy pills? Do anyone else see what I'm seeing? Rowdy Roddy Piper, put on your glasses.

Where In the article does it say that the reporter was in the war room?

Logic suggests and I will confirm that most of the fan base coveted the players that were selected within the next couple of picks after the Seahawks pick.

I was dancing a jig in my living room, celebrating Ingram or Coples when stupid St Louis was on the clock. We were going to grab one of them!!! :banana:

:(

Oh so you fill out your silly little draft board based on what the fan base covets. Tremendous data collection method you have there.

Where In the article does it say that the reporter was in the war room?

Mike Sando has been sitting in the Seattle war room every year for the last few years. He was the Seattle beat writer for his previous job.

Oh so you fill out your silly little draft board based on what the fan base covets. Tremendous data collection method you have there.

You are the stupidest poster at this site. Kudos.

Trade down. I didn't see anybody obvious to draft. Meh.

Picked up a 5th and a 7th. Sounds good actually. Our draft doesn't really start until round 4 anyway. Good trade, I think.

What we have left:

2nd rounder

3rd rounder

4th rounder (2 picks)

5th rounder

6th rounder (2 picks)

7th rounder (2 picks)

:lol: ok so this is going to happen every round. When was the last time somebody was taken this high out of Utah State?

At least we have a lot of picks now I guess :dunno:

Bobby Wagner. 2nd round.

Well, certainly I had him rated higher than Irvin. He's OK. We picked up 4 low round picks and two LBs in our first two rounds. We still haven't addressed our biggest need, DE.

:lol: ok so this is going to happen every round. When was the last time somebody was taken this high out of Utah State?

At least we have a lot of picks now I guess :dunno:

Utah St is a program that seems to be on the rise. They have lost a bunch of really close games against some pretty good teams the last couple of seasons. Unfortunately for them, their best player on offense is in the draft this year, RB Turbin. I would be OK with grabbing Turbin if the value is OK, but I think you mentioned him a few pages ago, so it's not like you don't know about him. I'm babbling. Back to the spreadsheet.

I wonder why Jerel Worthy DT is still on the board? I have him as the best player available, and has been for a while. Did I miss a drug test result?

Edit: Oh, yeah. I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllyyyyyyyyyyyyy wanted Vinny Curry with that pick.

You are the stupidest poster at this site. Kudos.

I'm not the guy wasting my time building some dratboard and then gets drunk and pissed off when his team doesn't draft the players he wants. That would be you.

I'm not the guy wasting my time building some dratboard and then gets drunk and pissed off when his team doesn't draft the players he wants. That would be you.

Go drink a pitcher of AIDS.

New England went completely nuts with Tavon Wilson. I don't have this guy on the board, and it's 300+ players deep.

New England went completely nuts with Tavon Wilson. I don't have this guy on the board, and it's 300+ players deep.

Well, that seals the deal on his career.

The Eagles are having the draft the Seahawks should have had. What might have been.

The Eagles are having the draft the Seahawks should have had. What might have been.

Go change your tampon.

Go change your tampon.

Go cup your father's balls and tell him how much you love him.

Go cup your father's balls and tell him how much you love him.

Go burn a mule on your draft board.

Go burn a mule on your draft board.

How about you shut the fock up until after the draft, and then we can discuss your mental problems, little man. We will have months for that. Instead, you are acting like a little b1tch, yipping like some tiny dog riding along in a Kardashian purse with every post.

How about you shut the fock up until after the draft, and then we can discuss your mental problems, little man. We will have months for that. Instead, you are acting like a little b1tch, yipping like some tiny dog riding along in a Kardashian purse with every post.

Oh I'm scared. Yes wouldn't want to interrupt your drunken draft board soliloquy.

Now that I have shut this phillybear character up, maybe we can have a rational discussion about two pretty good picks by the Seahawks.

Now that I have shut this phillybear character up, maybe we can have a rational discussion about two pretty good picks by the Seahawks.

Your ass has 7 d!cks inside, but it has room for a dozen. Wocka, wocka.

They have to make 2 pretty good picks first

They have to make 2 pretty good picks first

I have never run across such a whiny group of Seahawks fans in my life.

I have never run across such a whiny group of Seahawks fans in my life.

Yeah they do whine a lot but you're a biotch too

Anybody here like Wilson? I would have just held out for Moore.

Gruden is in love with him.

I like him, I hope he starts for u guys