Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Point Of Reference FF League

Point Of Reference FF League  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should The PoR League Award Points Per Reception?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should The PoR League Award Bonus Points for 100-yd rushing/receiving games and 300-yd passing games?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. TD-Distance Scoring?

• Yes
    • No

Q&A: Week 10

FF Today staffer Mike Davis has invited readers to respond to specific questions about a league that could productively be used as a Point Of Reference for people who might want to get a sense of player value beyond the scope of whatever scoring systems their own leagues use. The idea, as I tried to make clear in the column, was not to standardize fantasy leagues, but to come up with a supplemental league model so that people who are primarily invested in 8-team, points-only keepers might be able to discuss player value with people who are primarily invested in 14-team, head-to-head redrafters.

We started this 2 weeks ago with basic league structure questions (How many participants? Points-only or head-to-head? Redrafter, keeper, or other?). Thank you for your responses to those questions, now let's move on to some more details.

1. Should the PoR League award points per reception?

2. Should the PoR League award bonus points to players who rack up certain amounts of yardage in the course of a game (such as 100 yards rushing for a running back or 300 yards passing for a quarterback)?

3. Should the PoR League simply award a set number of points for scores and a set number or points for yardage, or should there be bonus points for long scores?

FF Today staffer Mike Davis has invited readers to respond to specific questions about a league that could productively be used as a Point Of Reference for people who might want to get a sense of player value beyond the scope of whatever scoring systems their own leagues use. The idea, as I tried to make clear in the column, was not to standardize fantasy leagues, but to come up with a supplemental league model so that people who are primarily invested in 8-team, points-only keepers might be able to discuss player value with people who are primarily invested in 14-team, head-to-head redrafters.

We started this 2 weeks ago with basic league structure questions (How many participants? Points-only or head-to-head? Redrafter, keeper, or other?). Thank you for your responses to those questions, now let's move on to some more details.

2. Should the PoR League award bonus points to players who rack up certain amounts of yardage in the course of a game (such as 100 yards rushing for a running back or 300 yards passing for a quarterback)?

3. Should the PoR League simply award a set number of points for scores and a set number or points for yardage, or should there be bonus points for long scores?

Guest Woody Hayes

In our league we play the standard 1 qb, 2rb, 3wr 1te 1 def and 1 kicker but we award the tight ends one point per reception but not the wr's this make's the tight end a more valuable position in our league. I do believe you should be awarded bouns points for a 100 yard rushing/receiving day. We give 3 bonus points. I also believe you should be awared bonus points for the distance in touchdowns. in our league it varies from 6 pts to 20 pts. We have a 10 team league with roster of 18 and we still have plenty of free agents to pick up. I would go for the 16 team roster if it was a 12 team league. We also award bonus points for the qb for throwing yards. I do not like the flex position at all.