Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

**Official Fast Food appreciation thread**

Let's get this out of the way right from the start....fast food is bad for you. It's not fine dining. Blah blah blah

That being said, I highly doubt that any of us manage to avoid eating fast food 100% of the time. With my daughter's sports schedule running me all aropund, I don't always have a chance to make a good meal, so I opt for the drive-thru.

Anyway, what are some selections from fast food joints that you find particularly tasty?

For me, I really like Arby's chicken cordon blue sandwiches. Very good. :thumbsup:

I seriously don't eat fast food more than 1-2 times per year. I don't eat a lot of burgers and I'll go to a sub shop like Potbelly's before McDonald's or whatever. My favorite fast food though is the BK classic chicken sandwich - perfect.

For me, I really like Arby's chicken cordon blue sandwiches. Very good. :thumbsup:

Those are quite good; high on my list when I go there. :thumbsup:

eh... our kids go-to place when we need to hit fast food is Taco Hell, which has nothing terribly inspiring. I usually get a steak gordita I guess.

Years ago I worked in a ritzy part of town; the lunch options were some $15 plate at a nice restaurant that took an hour... or a Jack in the Box. So I went to Jacques' quite a bit. Became quite fond of the Ultimate Cheeseburger -- beef, cheese, and bacon. Lots of each. Remarkably, I weighed more back then. :dunno:

Tripple whopper with cheese. :bandana:

I have the metaboism of an ant, couldn't gain weight if I had to. I'm a sucker for a BK Whopper or maybe some Original Recipe from KFC.

Chick-fil-a sandwhich. The classic regular one.

I hate fast food burgers

ETA: To be honest I couldn't tell the last time I ate at a McDonalds or a Burger King type place. On the road or on the go its either Chick-fil-a or Qdoba (not sure if that counts a fast food).

For a burger it has to be Wendy's other than that I like the Arby's Marketfresh Reuben

Five Guys or Hardee's burgers for me.

Monster thick burger. :wub:

Serving Size (g) 379

Total Calories 1290

Calories From Fat 830

Fat (g) 92

Saturated Fat (g) 35

Cholesterol (mg) 210

Sodium (mg) 2840

Carbohydrates (g) 47

Dietary Fiber (g) 3

Sugars (g) 5

Protein (g) 70

:doublethumbsup:

Monster thick burger. :wub:

Serving Size (g) 379

Total Calories 1290

Calories From Fat 830

Fat (g) 92

Saturated Fat (g) 35

Cholesterol (mg) 210

Sodium (mg) 2840

Carbohydrates (g) 47

Dietary Fiber (g) 3

Sugars (g) 5

Protein (g) 70

:doublethumbsup:

And I top it off with a kick-ass milkshake. :headbanger:

Five Guys or Hardee's burgers for me.

Had a Five Guys cheeseburger just last night,didn't really consider them since it didn't have a drive-thru.Good burger but I really love the fries. :wub:

Had a Five Guys cheeseburger just last night,didn't really consider them since it didn't have a drive-thru.Good burger but I really love the fries. :wub:

It also isn't 'fast' by any stretch of the imagination.

But I'll agree that it is a great tasting burger.

Burgers: Culvers

Sandwich: Jimmy Johns

The Venti from Jimmy Johns is really good. I like the sprouts.

Long as we're talking sandwich joints, the chicken and cheddar classic with hot peppers from Potbelly's is so good I could eat it every day of the week.

I rarely ever eat at the national fast food joints. There are a couple local burger joints thar are 10x better than what you get at McDonalds etc. Not nearly as fast but well worth a few minutes wait.

I used to like Taco Hell but they've really gone downhill in the last ten years. Subway is the only one I go to more than once or twice a year.

In N Out and El Pollo Loco are pretty good for a quick meal. Caprioti's Bobbie sandwich. Turkey, cranberry, stuffing and mayo on a roll is awesome.

It also isn't 'fast' by any stretch of the imagination.

But I'll agree that it is a great tasting burger.

If I can be out the door with my food in a bag 10 minutes after ordering, I call that fast food. :dunno:

And I top it off with a kick-ass milkshake. :headbanger:

This was the one thing I found disappointing about Five Guys,wtf no milkshakes.

If I can be out the door with my food in a bag 10 minutes after ordering, I call that fast food. :dunno:

Yeah, I'm a bit confused on what is generally considered 'fast food' or not. Are Sub places fast food? What about Qdoba or Five Guys?

After thinking about it, I've come to this conclusion. If the establishment doesn't have a drive-thru, then its not a Fast Food joint. :dunno:

Yeah, I'm a bit confused on what is generally considered 'fast food' or not. Are Sub places fast food? What about Qdoba or Five Guys?

After thinking about it, I've come to this conclusion. If the establishment doesn't have a drive-thru, then its not a Fast Food joint. :dunno:

I could be down that definition I guess. Most Subways don't have drive thrus do they? I would definitely call Subway fast food. :dunno:

I could be down that definition I guess. Most Subways don't have drive thrus do they? I would definitely call Subway fast food. :dunno:

I'm not sure either, it's a grey area. We need an official ruling and a clear point of differentiation.

Is it how you order, as in if you walk up to a counter and order (opposed to sitting down with a waiter). OR Is it when the establishment has a Drive-Thru?

We know a place where you order from a counter OR can go thru a drive thru is considered fast food. We know a place that doesn't have a drive-thru and you sit down to order from a waiter/waitress is a restaurant.

What we don't know is if the place doesn't have a drive thru but you order from the counter like a Subway, Five Guys, Qdoba. Those are hybrids. White-Hispanics if you will.

I'm not sure either, it's a grey area. We need an official ruling and a clear point of differentiation.

Is it how you order, as in if you walk up to a counter and order (opposed to sitting down with a waiter). OR Is it when the establishment has a Drive-Thru?

We know a place where you order from a counter OR can go thru a drive thru is considered fast food. We know a place that doesn't have a drive-thru and you sit down to order from a waiter/waitress is a restaurant.

What we don't know is if the place doesn't have a drive thru but you order from the counter like a Subway, Five Guys, Qdoba. Those are hybrids. White-Hispanics if you will.

:thumbsup:

It's all very cornfusing. Add to this that Five Guys has been voted Best Fast Food place by several different orgs and publications and I fear that we may never reach a resolution or concensus, unlike with most of our topics here. :(

We now have dine-in places that offer curbside to go service as well.

We now have dine-in places that offer curbside to go service as well.

I'll make this ruling if it pleases the court.

Do you mean like Outback that you can call ahead, order food, and then pick it up in those little designated parking spots? I see your point, however this cannot be labeled as 'Fast Food'. That's merely take-out. A much different animal. Same species, different animal. Therefore this is NOT Fast Food.

I'll make this ruling if it pleases the court.

Do you mean like Outback that you can call ahead, order food, and then pick it up in those little designated parking spots? I see your point, however this cannot be labeled as 'Fast Food'. That's merely take-out. A much different animal. Same species, different animal. Therefore this is NOT Fast Food.

Agreed,now what's the ruling on a place like Sonic?

Agreed,now what's the ruling on a place like Sonic?

I would say any place you order your food thru a speaker box is fast food - Sonic for sure.

One of my favorite fast food things it the tacos at Dairy Queen - very underrated!

Not sure when the last time I had a "meal" from a FF joint, but every once in a while I get a hankering. And, while I watch my diet, I'm also cheap, so I go straight for the extra value menu.

My favorite is the Burger King Double Cheeseburger. No pickles. Just the right amount of grease, cheese and bread.

Whenever I'm in Florida or Texas I get my Whattaburger fix.

Sonic has a good burger and great slushies to make vodka/tequila drinks with. They also sell bags of fancy ice which are good for mixed frozen drinks.

Whenever I'm in Florida or Texas I get my Whattaburger fix.

:thumbsup:

In N' Out Double Double :wub:

In-n-Out is probably my favorite true fast food burger joint these days. Remarkably simple menu keeps the line moving fast as well. Unless of course you know about the secret menu.

I get my Double Double Animal Style. :wub:

Unfortunately, I like McDs Angus Bacon Cheeseburger.

this is the only thing i order from mcdonalds and really the only reason i ever choose mcdonalds is because their fries are superior to any other fastfood place

five guys sucks and their fries are the worst part. tastes like im eating cardboard.

they are all fast food in my opinion. Drive through or not, i qualify something as fast food if you can receive your order in less than 5 minutes. A place having take out such as chilis, famous daves, etc i do not consider fast food because if you went there to have a sit down meal, you would wauit at least 20 minutes for your food to arrive. These places also have "appetizers" and "entrees"

another good way to tell is to ask yourself "if i order and go sit down, will they serve me my food or will they just call out my name/number?"

I'm a big chipotle fan. Same thing as qdoba. Years ago there were none near me and I had to make a trip to maryland to get it. Once they started popping up in NJ I have not been to a taco bell since.

Best fast food item currently is the bacon asiago chicken sammich from Wendy's. :thumbsup:

Love McD's snack wraps. The ranch flavor is delish

this is the only thing i order from mcdonalds and really the only reason i ever choose mcdonalds is because their fries are superior to any other fastfood place

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I go to McDonald's more than any other because I can't really afford to pay 5+ bucks for a sandwich. THey just came out with the "Daily double" recently and it's a 1.89. Far better than the dollar menu Mcdouble that has pickle, onion, ketchup and mustard.

THis new Daily Double has lettuce, tomato, and mayo on it. THe McDonald's that is only a few miles down the road from me will let you use ANY competitor coupon as a buy one get one free. So I can get 2 of these sandwiches for 1.89. Sweet deal.