Sign in to follow this  
Baker Boy

Over 100 companies giving 'Trump Bonuses' after tax victory, 'tsunami building'

After the Senate approved a new Republican tax plan, several companies have announced they will offer bonuses or increased contributions to employees’ retirement accounts.

Last week, the payment company Visa V, -0.35% announced an increase in its 401(k) match, in an email to employees. The company previously offered employees $2 for every $1 they contributed, up to 3% of their base pay. Now, the company will offer that benefit for up to 5% of base pay.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-visas-401k-offer-is-better-than-a-splashy-1000-bonus-2018-01-09

Aflac (AFL), the insurance company, also announced in late December that it would tweak its 401(k) program, citing the "recent tax reforms."

The company said it would increase its match from 50% to 100% on the first 4% of an employee contribution. It's also putting $500 in every employee's plan, and it's offering some new insurance products to employees free of charge.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/08/news/companies/visa-aflac-401k-match/index.html

Trump must have a magic wand. They kept it hidden from Obama.

He's kicking ass, it must be killing them. As a boston sports fan and trump/usa supporter I'm almost sick of winning.

• Like 1

This is a pretty big deal. If trump can encourage companies to follow suit it would be a massive cash infusion.

Here is a question for the Trump haters - if the economy keeps rolling and taxes end up being the same (or better), do you give Trump a vote in 2020?

Here is a question for the Trump haters - if the economy keeps rolling and taxes end up being the same (or better), do you give Trump a vote in 2020?

There are more issues than those two things.

The economy rolling and jobs increasing before him didnt make you all vote Democrat.

Hell...the same trends and better job creation and you all (and Trump) claimed the economy and job creation sucked.

The economy rolling and jobs increasing before him didnt make you all vote Democrat.

Hell...the same trends and better job creation and you all (and Trump) claimed the economy and job creation sucked.

Huh? Apple bringing 20k jobs and Chrysler moving the Ram production to Michigan just this week means nothing?

Huh? Apple bringing 20k jobs and Chrysler moving the Ram production to Michigan just this week means nothing?

well he is overweight
  • Like 1

I know that there are other issues. My ask is whether things have to be perfect or whether you will accept his administration if most things are better?

I know that there are other issues. My ask is whether things have to be perfect or whether you will accept his administration if most things are better?

As for most being better. Thats a large leap and if there.

As for most being better. Thats a large leap and if there.

What if it were just the two that I mentioned and the rest wasn't a total F-up? No radical changes on abortion, the SCOTUS appointees aren't a mess, some reasonable DACA reform, etc.

What would it take? I am asking this question to myself as well.

Likely a total makeover from the man. Hard to support him given his behavior.

Also still some giant ifs in that.

Likely a total makeover from the man. Hard to support him given his behavior.

Also still some giant ifs in that.

So who are you backing in 2020 that you can get behind?

So who are you backing in 2020 that you can get behind?

Not seeing much there at this time.

Jamie Dimon Is Giving J.P. Morgan Employees a Big Raise

In an opinion piece in the New York Times on Tuesday, the bank’s CEO explains why J.P. Morgan (JPM, -0.09%) will be raising its minimum wage for 18,000 U.S. employees from $10.15/hour (plus benefits) to between $12 and $16.50/hour over the next three years, depending on geographic and market factors. He writes:

A pay increase is the right thing to do. Wages for many Americans have gone nowhere for too long. Many employees who will receive this increase work as bank tellers and customer service representatives. Above all, it enables more people to begin to share in the rewards of economy.

http://fortune.com/2016/07/12/jamie-dimon-jpmorgan-employees-raise/

125,000 Disney employees to receive $1,000 cash bonus due to tax reform

Disney announces a one-time cash bonus of $1,000 for over 125,000 employees.

The company will also make a $50 million investment into a new employee education program.

Both initiatives are a result of the recent tax reform.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/23/125000-disney-employees-to-receive-1000-cash-bonus-company-launches-new-50-million-education-program.html

Jamie Dimon Is Giving J.P. Morgan Employees a Big Raise

In an opinion piece in the New York Times on Tuesday, the bank’s CEO explains why J.P. Morgan (JPM, -0.09%) will be raising its minimum wage for 18,000 U.S. employees from $10.15/hour (plus benefits) to between $12 and $16.50/hour over the next three years, depending on geographic and market factors. He writes:

A pay increase is the right thing to do. Wages for many Americans have gone nowhere for too long. Many employees who will receive this increase work as bank tellers and customer service representatives. Above all, it enables more people to begin to share in the rewards of economy.

http://fortune.com/2016/07/12/jamie-dimon-jpmorgan-employees-raise/

125,000 Disney employees to receive $1,000 cash bonus due to tax reform

Disney announces a one-time cash bonus of $1,000 for over 125,000 employees.

The company will also make a $50 million investment into a new employee education program.

Both initiatives are a result of the recent tax reform.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/23/125000-disney-employees-to-receive-1000-cash-bonus-company-launches-new-50-million-education-program.html

Trump :mad: :mad:

What if it were just the two that I mentioned and the rest wasn't a total F-up? No radical changes on abortion, the SCOTUS appointees aren't a mess, some reasonable DACA reform, etc.

What would it take? I am asking this question to myself as well.

Congrats on at least trying to get through to him. He's p!ssed off at the world for buying into all the lies. He'd rather see the economy wrecked, crime rampant, etc than EVER admit he was/is wrong about Trump.

He'll keep doubling down hoping for a catastrophy.

JP Morgan Chase to build 400 new branches

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/23/j-p-morgan-to-spend-20-billion-after-tax-cuts-on-jobs-branches.html

Verizon says many workers will receive shares of stock

Verizon employees (other than top management) will receive 50 shares of restricted stock, the price of which will be set on February 1.

Verizon reported mixed quarterly results on Tuesday.

Verizon told investors earlier on Tuesday it expects savings from tax reform will add $3.5 billion to $4 billion to its operating cash flow this year.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/23/verizon-vz-earnings-ceo-lowell-mcadam-interview.html

Kimberly Clark closing 10 factories...5000+ likely to lose jobs.

Its not all rosy

Congrats on at least trying to get through to him. He's p!ssed off at the world for buying into all the lies. He'd rather see the economy wrecked, crime rampant, etc than EVER admit he was/is wrong about Trump.

He'll keep doubling down hoping for a catastrophy.

He doesn’t work and his wife is a public employee so he does not see any immediate benefit and is upset that others are getting ahead. He is not intuitive enough to understand that in the long run the entire country will benefit, even the lazy slobs that don’t work.

Kimberly Clark closing 10 factories...5000+ likely to lose jobs.

Its not all rosy

They weren't in good shape to begin with.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kimberly-clark-andrex-huggies-maker-130600931.html

Thousands of workers are set to be laid off from 10 factories owned by the maker of Huggies and Kleenex, which claimed that Donald Trump’s tax reforms had helped with its global restructuring.

Ms Henry told the Post KC’s effective tax rate in 2017 was 28.6 per cent, which would drop to between 23 and 26 per cent in 2018 thanks to Mr Trump’s flagship tax reform legislation

“[The tax legislation] provides us flexibility to continue to allocate significant capital to shareholders while we also fund increased capital spending and our restructuring program over the next few years,” the corporation's chief financial officer Maria Henry told The Washington Post.

They and P&G have issues with price and competition.

Businesses who have been doing well are paying bonuses...those that havent been are laying off. Its not difficult.

But you thought these companies were going to keep the tax breaks to themselves. I guess it was difficult for you a few months ago.

But you though these companies were going to keep the tax breaks to themselves. I guess it was difficult for you a few months ago.

Many are...even some of these are raising prices while giving bonuses or closing other parts of the business.

Its ok...you only know what you see as a headline in foxnews and then copy and paste it.

Many are...even some of these are raising prices while giving bonuses or closing other parts of the business.

Its ok...you only know what you see as a headline in foxnews and then copy and paste it.

You cut and pasted a yahoo article in this thread saying "its not all rosy" referring to the tax breaks not being good for everyone. In that article they said several times that the breaks were helpful in allowing them to restructure. Despite things "not being rosy" for Kimberly-Clark, that fact has nothing to do with these tax breaks.

You cut and pasted a yahoo article in this thread saying "its not all rosy" referring to the tax breaks not being good for everyone. In that article they said several times that the breaks were helpful in allowing them to restructure. Despite things "not being rosy" for Kimberly-Clark, that fact has nothing to do with these tax breaks.

First off its a dig at phurfur who has basically been a copy and paste guy (often without a link) and presenting that information as it it was his own.

As far as tax breaks...point is they are not the end all be al for everyone. I think the economy as a whole is relevant to this...business as a whole.

The bonuses are great and all...but the basic proclamation of...this is all proof the tax cuts were great is extremely short sighted.

First off its a dig at phurfur who has basically been a copy and paste guy (often without a link) and presenting that information as it it was his own.

As far as tax breaks...point is they are not the end all be al for everyone. I think the economy as a whole is relevant to this...business as a whole.

The bonuses are great and all...but the basic proclamation of...this is all proof the tax cuts were great is extremely short sighted.

So you cited as an example an article that proclaimed them as good for a company in a bad spot.

So you cited as an example an article that proclaimed them as good for a company in a bad spot.

Better yet...where did I cut and paste anything from an article?

Better yet...where did I cut and paste anything from an article?

God did i fock that up. Thats my bad.. :lol: You made a statement, i posted a link.

Ultimate point was you used an example (kimberly clark) in this thread trying to refute the tax breaks as being a good thing. And for KClark, they arent.

But you thought these companies were going to keep the tax breaks to themselves. I guess it was difficult for you a few months ago.

I voted Trump because I hate them all and Washington needed to be introduced to The Trumpster.

I'm happily surprised (for the average employee) that they doled out the cash but am still skeptical going forward. Do they continue to reward employees or is this a one & done gift to employees? That's to be determined.

As an independent, it's great to see the Ds just stumbling at every angle they take against him. Need to see him berate more Rs as well. Fock that terdlet, Sessions. Marijuana is big business, get outta the way you old coot.

I voted Trump because I hate them all and Washington needed to be introduced to The Trumpster.

I'm happily surprised (for the average employee) that they doled out the cash but am still skeptical going forward. Do they continue to reward employees or is this a one & done gift to employees? That's to be determined.

I suspect the bonuses are one time. But many companies made changes to their benefits - upped 401k matching for example. I suspect those changes will stay. Much like entitlements the government gives it's hard for a company to take away benefits.

The fortune 100 company I work for just sent out a memo that they will no longer stock the break room with "honey, raw sugar, or flavored creamers" because it is too expensive. Our margins were 13% on 6 billion in revenue last year. Not holding my breath for a bonus. :dunno:

The fortune 100 company I work for just sent out a memo that they will no longer stock the break room with "honey, raw sugar, or flavored creamers" because it is too expensive. Our margins were 13% on 6 billion in revenue last year. Not holding my breath for a bonus. :dunno:

You must work for a pretty sucky company. We have what I refer to as a "mini 7-11" on each side of every floor.