Sign in to follow this  
ZeroTolerance

NCAA Hat Tournament 2013

Might as well fire this up, about a month out from Selection Sunday. For those unfamiliar with the contest, geeks select a team to represent them in the NCAA Tournament. If your team defeats a team represented by a fellow geek, that geek must send you their team's hat (or a shirt, etc. which can be negotiated between the two parties). Once the brackets have been revealed, any requests to select an available team must be approved by the owners of teams that are in their region (to prevent cherry-pickers).

Currently selected teams:

cmh6476 - Kansas Jayhawks

Strike - Duke Blue Devils

JTB - Pittsburgh Panthers

Chronic Husker - Indiana Hoosiers

29 Guests - Florida Gators

patweisers44 - Michigan State Spartans

Cdub100 - Michigan Wolverines

crackattack - Butler Bulldogs

tikigods - Louisville Cardinals

jerryskids - Arizona State Sun Devils

sgumm23 - Syracuse Orange

ZeroTolerance - Gonzaga Bulldogs

patweisers44 - Ohio State Buckeyes

nzoner - Georgetown Hoyas

Mike FF Today - Kansas State Wildcats

rallo - Iowa Hawkeyes

Kannabel - UNLV Runnin' Rebels

ZeroTolerance - VCU Rams

The Moz - Miami Hurricanes

The Moz - Saint Louis Billikens

The Moz - New Mexico Lobos

The Moz - Marquette Golden Eagles

29 Guests - Arizona Wildcats

29 Guests - Wichita State Shockers

Available teams likely in the field:

Belmont, Cincinnati, Creighton, Colorado, Colorado St, Illinois, Memphis, Missouri, North Carolina, North Carolina St, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Oregon, San Diego St, Temple, UCLA, Villanova, Wisconsin

Available teams on the bubble:

Alabama, California, Iowa St, Kentucky, La Salle, Maryland, Middle Tennessee St, Minnesota, Ole Miss, Saint Mary's, Southern Miss, Tennessee, Virginia

BRACKETS

MIDWEST

1 Louisville (tikigods)

4 Saint Louis (The Moz)

3 Michigan St (patweisers44)

2 Duke (Strike)

SOUTH

1 Kansas (cmh6476)

4 Michigan (Cdub100)

5 VCU (ZeroTolerance)

3 Florida (29 Guests)

2 Georgetown (nzoner)

WEST

1 Gonzaga (ZeroTolerance)

8 Pittsburgh (JTB)

9 Wichita St (29 Guests)

4 Kansas St (Mike FF Today)

3 New Mexico (The Moz)

6 Arizona (29 Guests)

2 Ohio St (patweisers44)

EAST

1 Indiana (Chronic Husker)

5 UNLV (Kannabel)

4 Syracuse (sgumm23)

3 Marquette (The Moz)

6 Butler (crackattack)

2 Miami (The Moz)

Round of 32 matchups:

3 Marquette (The Moz) ***WINNER***

-vs-

6 Butler (crackattack)

4 Michigan (Cdub100) ***WINNER***

-vs-

5 VCU (ZeroTolerance)

Sweet 16 matchups:

1 Kansas (cmh6476)

-vs-

1 Indiana (Chronic Husker)

-vs-

4 Syracuse (sgumm23) ***WINNER***

2 Ohio St (patweisers44) ***WINNER***

-vs-

6 Arizona (29 Guests)

2 Duke (Strike) ***WINNER***

-vs-

3 Michigan St (patweisers44)

Elite Eight matchups:

2 Ohio St (patweisers44)

-vs-

9 Wichita St (29 Guests) ***WINNER***

4 Syracuse (sgumm23) ***WINNER***

-vs-

3 Marquette (The Moz)

-vs-

3 Florida (29 Guests)

1 Louisville (tikigods) ***WINNER***

-vs-

2 Duke (Strike)

Final Four matchups:

-vs-

4 Syracuse (sgumm23)

9 Wichita St (29 Guests)

-vs-

National Championship:

-vs-

4 Michigan (Cdub100)

Might as well fire this up, about a month out from Selection Sunday. For those unfamiliar with the contest, geeks select a team to represent them in the NCAA Tournament. If your team defeats a team represented by a fellow geek, that geek must send you their team's hat (or a shirt, etc. which can be negotiated between the two parties). Once the brackets have been revealed, any requests to select an available team must be approved by the owners of teams that are in their region (to prevent cherry-pickers).

Currently selected teams:

cmh6476 - Kansas Jayhawks

In - Duke.

Florida

not fl state

i went to Michigan State, work in Ann Arbor. I will take MSU and if we are allowed 2, I will take Michigan as well.

word of advice do not let cyclone 24 play

hypothetical: say someone finds something on calipari and uk vacates their championship. Do you have to send me back the hat I bought you in addition to a new hat of my choosing?

:unsure:

Being from Indiana and a Purdue fan which Purdue won't make it in this year can I have Butler and reserve Purdue just in case they make some kind of amazing run in the big 10 tourney?

I usually take Oakland University but I don't think they'll make the tourney so I'll take UofM since it's dumb for Pat to have two teams.

I usually take Oakland University but I don't think they'll make the tourney so I'll take UofM since it's dumb for Pat to have two teams.

That is fair enough. MSU is his true team.

I'll take Louisville and Pitino.

Hopefully his run in the tournament lasts longer than 15 seconds.

Since I rarely get to take my team since they usually miss the tourney, I'll take Arizona State if they make it. You guys on the east coast should check out Jahii "Jahii-sus" Carson, our stud freshman, if you don't get to see west coast basketball often. Plays kinda like a young Isiah Thomas. :thumbsup:

Hopefully his run in the tournament lasts longer than 15 seconds.

I've been lucky the last few years with UCONN. One of my former students played for them as a walk on. Now that he has graduated, I lost interest in them.

:thumbsup: If we dont fill this up, i will select another team closer to tournament time. I, like CDub, would never root for scUm, but I am admittedly an action junkie....

My favorite picks are taken, so I will settle for Gonzaga (and hope that they actually feel like getting past the second round this year).

After the loss they slapped on the Spartans, I will take Ohio State. again, as long as we are allowing people to have multiple teams. Just trying to make this interesting.

can we get a pin Mike? :pointstosky:

also, got my tickets to the Big 12 championship next week :banana:

Someone entered in this contest took months to get me my hat, he eventually did, but is the reason I won't do this contest anymore. If anyone cares let me know and I will tell you who.

:music_guitarred:

If the hawkeyes beat northwestern and Mich St. i think that they are in. In that case sign me up for the hawks!

Selection weekend bump. Still a couple high-end teams left including a potential one seed and plenty of final four caliber teams. See first post for teams who are still available.

Someone entered in this contest took months to get me my hat, he eventually did, but is the reason I won't do this contest anymore. If anyone cares let me know and I will tell you who.

:music_guitarred:

CMH and Mike FFT I got the hat right away -- Cyclone - I still haven't and he said he isn't giving one. I am sitting this year out but I have to go UK next year.

sour grapes/homer grump... the fix was in for the mich st./Iowa game... with Iowa up 14 in the second half all of a sudden the calls started to lean towards the 'awful' variety... same thing happened earlier in the day with wisc/mich ... apparently if you want to win a big10 tourney game you need to be trailing at the start of the second half... and don't worry the officials will help you back into the game...

#rantovah... whofockingcares

Zero as one p!ssed off Mizzou fan right now I'd like to drop their sorry asses for Georgetown if ok with you.

Zero as one p!ssed off Mizzou fan right now I'd like to drop their sorry asses for Georgetown if ok with you.

Done.

I don't blame you. I never seen a team find more ways to lose games than Mizzou has... and I've barely watched them this year. It's disgusting.

Available teams (by projected seed):

2 - Miami

3 - New Mexico

4 - Marquette

5 - UCLA, Saint Louis, Oklahoma St

6 - VCU, Notre Dame

7 - North Carolina, Memphis, Creighton

8 - Missouri, North Carolina St, Colorado St, Illinois

9 - San Diego St, Oregon, Iowa St, Cincinnati

10 - Temple, Colorado, Minnesota, Villanova

I don't blame you. I never seen a team find more ways to lose games than Mizzou has... and I've barely watched them this year. It's disgusting.

Plus the selection committee will probably try and match em up with ku in the 2nd round, and we'd just walk their dog anyways :banana:

Pretty even spread right now. Three regions with four teams, one with three teams. As always, people are welcome to pick up unrepresented teams between now and game times, but you must get approval from anyone who your team would be likely to face ahead of time.

Gonzaga owner (ZeroTolerance) approves if anyone wants to take a West region team.

Gonzaga owner (ZeroTolerance) approves if anyone wants to take a West region team.

Same here for the West or Midwest regions.

I'm willing to take VCU if cdub/cmh approve (this also requires approval by the Florida and Georgetown owners for the elite eight).

fock it -- give me Miami , New Mexico , Marquette , and Saint Louis

I won it last year may as well donate.

Everyone who has a team in those regions needs to check in and ok it. I think I'll send a forum pm to those owners so we can get a response in time.

Everyone who has a team in those regions needs to check in and ok it. I think I'll send a forum pm to those owners so we can get a response in time.

why there has been no games played yet...

ETA just read the "rules" personally IMO it is stupid to bet anything before you know who is in and at what seed. But it's cool -- I will say I either get all 4 or none.