Photo

39 year old dude, sells everything to buy bitcoin, lives in a tent waiting for cryptoboom

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 edjr

edjr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 110,569 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:00 PM

https://amp.business...bitcoin-2017-10

Didi Taihuttu believes in bitcoin, and in a big way.

The 39-year-old has put his house up for sale - selling it in part for bitcoin - and now lives with his family on a campsite near Venlo in The Netherlands. All of his other items are for sale, too: the car, the motorbike, electric bikes, the children's toys, clothing, shoes.

With the proceeds, Taihuttu buys bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, betting that it will make him rich.

"People will say,'You're crazy,'" Taihuttu told Business Insider. "But we are an adventurous family and are going to gamble for a moment to live minimalist lives. If you never take a risk, life is boring."

Taihuttu thinks digital coins such as bitcoin and the blockchain technology behind it are transforming the role of money and banks in society.

With blockchain, no third party is required to approve a payment - a role currently performed by banks - and a network of computers keeps a record of all transactions.

"The Internet was a revolution for information. I think that blockchain and cryptocurrency are revolutionizing the monetary system," says Taihuttu. "In five years' time, everyone will say: 'We could have seen it coming.' I am responding to this change now."

sho nuff lived in a tent for a very different reason

#2 Reality

Reality

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,857 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:04 PM

He's too late on Bitcoin.

#3 edjr

edjr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 110,569 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:06 PM

it hasn't even hit big yet, if it will

#4 RaiderHater's Revenge

RaiderHater's Revenge

FF Geek

• Members
  • 10,835 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:28 PM

he needs 90'sbaby's investment guide

Prof Stats- 12 man PPR Superflex, 4pt passing, 2 Keeps

QB- Mariota (4), Semian (FA)

RB- Leveon (K), Gordon (K), TWest (6), Thompson (10), Carson (12)

WR- Crabtree (2), Hill (T), Coleman (5), JJNelson (FA)

TE- Reed (T), Eifert (9)

IR- Coleman (5), Woodhead (7)

#5 tanatastic

tanatastic

FF Geek

• Members
  • 17,585 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:29 PM

He should have gone with Beanie babies.

#6 Voltaire

Voltaire

FF Geek

• Members
  • 32,058 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:30 PM

Maybe he should invest in cocaine.

Using that "who's been irritating me less" criteria seven months in.... still not Trump and his fans. I grew up with these people. I understand them. They actually seem normal, surprising as it may seem to you. These liberals on the other hand: cop bashing, white shaming, trannie loving, kneeling during the national anthem. Fock them. They're the ones that really freak me out and it's not even close to being close. ~me

#7 Baker Boy

Baker Boy

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:08 PM

Is it worth living in a tent for 5 years in the prime of your life to gamble on riches when you are older.
"I don't want to belong to any club that would have Wiff as one of their members"

#8 vuduchile

vuduchile

FF Geek

• Members
  • 10,944 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:17 PM

If I wasn't married with kids, I would definitely go off grid for a few years. But I'd diversify my investments a little more than this guy.

#9 Mookz

Mookz

FF Geek

• Members
  • 7,506 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:35 PM

What a moron.   :doh:

He should have bought Ethereum.  :banana: