Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Gruden gets $100m and 10 years

I always seen gruden as a conservative coach, hows that gonna work out in Oakland.

Just fine.

Look, nobody knows exactly what a modern Raiders offense will look like under Gruden. But it's been said he's used this time off, coupled with his access to playbooks, schemes and coaches at ESPN, to build a hybrid attack utilizing WC concepts with modern spread techniques. The guy still gets up at 3:17 AM.

Tim Brown had four straight 1,000 yard seasons with 35 TD's. Tyrone Wheatley rushed for 1,000 yards here. At age 60 Jerry Rice went for 1,000. Charlie Garner fluorished. And Chucky took a side armed journeyman who couldn't beat out Elvis Grbac and turned him into a league MVP.

And now this guy has 20 years more experience? What's the problem lol?

Just fine.

Look, nobody knows exactly what a modern Raiders offense will look like under Gruden. But it's been said he's used this time off, coupled with his access to playbooks, schemes and coaches at ESPN, to build a hybrid attack utilizing WC concepts with modern spread techniques. The guy still gets up at 3:17 AM.

Tim Brown had four straight 1,000 yard seasons with 35 TD's. Tyrone Wheatley rushed for 1,000 yards here. At age 60 Jerry Rice went for 1,000. Charlie Garner fluorished. And Chucky took a side armed journeyman who couldn't beat out Elvis Grbac and turned him into a league MVP.

And now this guy has 20 years more experience? What's the problem lol?

No problem on my side. I love this move. And given the NFL is entertainment and not anything more than that, it will be fun as hell to watch his games and what he can do with that team including that QB. You know that Gruden must like Carr for him to have gone back in to the fray. I have always hated Oakland (mostly because of their fans), but am now joining in on the fun.