Sign in to follow this  
phillygrrl08

Jerry Jones hires lawyer to fight Goodell's contract ext

Good, I hope he gets Roger out of office

Breaking news: Roger Goodell has suspended Jerry Jones for 6 games. :D

jk......

• Like 2

Jerry Jones is your typical uber rich person. Used to getting what they want all the time.

when they dont get what they want, they get mean..... real quick.

at least he picked a good fight. I dont much care for either him or Goodell, but as long as someone loses, I'll be happy

Jerry Jones is your typical uber rich person. Used to getting what they want all the time.

at least he picked a good fight. I dont much care for either him or Goodell, but as long as someone loses, I'll be happy

And he can't build a stadium right no matter how much money he has. That sunlight pouring right onto the field from the endzone? The giant screen that punters were hitting when they first put it up?

that's usually how rich people get rich in the first place.

meek and submissive people have to inherit money.

That's....? Who is submissive? And why do meek people have to inherit money? They don't have the ability to work and make 6 figure salaries?

I hope Goodell gets extended and Jones stops playing football ownership.

Maybe he can sell the team to Cuban.

Jerry Jones made the NFL into what it is today. He is the most powerful and outspoken owner the NFL has. If Goodell were a smart man he would have let sleeping dogs lie. Now he made a enemy for life. Good luck with that Roger.

That's....? Who is submissive? And why do meek people have to inherit money? They don't have the ability to work and make 6 figure salaries?

6 figure salaries don't make u a billionaire

6 figure salaries don't make u a billionaire

I dont know. Sometimes less agressive people make huge dollars but turn into jerks afterwards.

Jerry Jones made the NFL into what it is today. He is the most powerful and outspoken owner the NFL has. If Goodell were a smart man he would have let sleeping dogs lie. Now he made a enemy for life. Good luck with that Roger.

The NFL sucks today. It was better before JJ came along. HTH.

And he can't build a stadium right no matter how much money he has. That sunlight pouring right onto the field from the endzone? The giant screen that punters were hitting when they first put it up?

I've heard over the years (and again this week), that the East/West construction of the stadium was done so with the intent that surrounding structures would be built next to (and around) Jerry World - thus blocking the sunlight..... Whether or not that's true, I have no idea. Having been there a few times, I'm not sure how that would even be possible - there just isn't the real estate to do it. Least not w/out having your fans bus in from 5 miles away.

As far as the big screen - the notion punters were hitting it is an urban myth... Did they hit it? Yes - during warm ups, purposely trying to hit it...... The giants screen has yet to come into play during any of the Cowboys games.

I've heard over the years (and again this week), that the East/West construction of the stadium was done so with the intent that surrounding structures would be built next to (and around) Jerry World - thus blocking the sunlight..... Whether or not that's true, I have no idea. Having been there a few times, I'm not sure how that would even be possible - there just isn't the real estate to do it. Least not w/out having your fans bus in from 5 miles away.

As far as the big screen - the notion punters were hitting it is an urban myth... Did they hit it? Yes - during warm ups, purposely trying to hit it...... The giants screen has yet to come into play during any of the Cowboys games.

The stadium has curtains. I've been there for multiple events in which they were closed. Jerry likes the aesthetic of the sun coming through more than he cares about the product.

I loathe Roger Goodell, and Jerry Jones has me actually rooting for Goodell now.....more reason to turn on Jerry.

I do find the "Jerry outrage" amusing though......... Some of you act like Jerry is trying to fire Rog - he's doing nothing of the sort... He's simply looking to (not) resign him once his current deal runs out - no different that GMs and Owners do with playres all over the league.......... Why? Bcoz he can, Rog works for them, not the other way around.

The stadium has curtains. I've been there for multiple events in which they were closed. Jerry likes the aesthetic of the sun coming through more than he cares about the product.

Jerry didn't build a $1.2B stadium so that the world can see curtains.

There are many ways to get rich & of course many levels of rich. You don't have to be the most assertive type A personality to be a billionaire, but the CEO path to riches definitely often caters to this personality.

There are plenty of tech startup founders who are not this type of personality ( and definitely some who are, I've worked for both ). There are plenty of passive or passive aggressive people who just plan to get what they want, instead of forcing it down other people's throats directly. They are more likely to be the guy behind the scenes & they might not make as much as the CEO in salary or new stock grants, but if you have a ton of founder stock at the original pennies on the $ price and your company IPOs well, you can still end up pretty rich!

There are definitely a ton of professional types who just do what they are told & are very competent who end up moderately rich as well, but they are unlikely to become billionaires.

all I know is that if someone loses this power struggle, a big ass will eat some humble pie.

My bet is on the guy with the money and the big lawyer. That's usually the way it goes.

I know Goodell is also a lawyer, and has money, but he does not have Jerry Jones money. This will be an interesting fight.

all I know is that if someone loses this power struggle, a big ass will eat some humble pie.

My bet is on the guy with the money and the big lawyer. That's usually the way it goes.

I know Goodell is also a lawyer, and has money, but he does not have Jerry Jones money. This will be an interesting fight.

But isnt Goodell supported by the league, which is bigger than Jones? If Jones went away, would anyone miss him other than those who dig TMZ type entertainment? If the NFL went away, there would be a lot of bummed folks out there.

Goodell makes mistakes, but doesnt everybody? And I agree with his intentions. Don't let the inmates run the prison.

In my prison I follow corporate policy. But thats because I choose not to want to make corporate policy. I have other interests and get paid very well to use my skills that I was hired to use. I have no interest in running the prison otherwise I would take measures to get to that point.

This includes me staying out of trouble outside of work.

Good, I hope he gets Roger out of office

I agree - Roger has focked up more stuff with the league and just wont stop. Viewership is down, the product is incredibly over-saturated, the play on the field is awful except for like 3-4 teams, The games are hard to watch with way too many stoppages, timeouts, commercials, etc. Sucks. Too many lame rule changes too.

Guy is a piece of garbage. The NFL is in a sorry state right now and its mostly on him. Games played in London? Mexico City? Where to next? Afghanistan? What a moron.

I agree - Roger has focked up more stuff with the league and just wont stop. Viewership is down, the product is incredibly over-saturated, the play on the field is awful except for like 3-4 teams, The games are hard to watch with way too many stoppages, timeouts, commercials, etc. Sucks. Too many lame rule changes too.

Guy is a piece of garbage. The NFL is in a sorry state right now and its mostly on him. Games played in London? Mexico City? Where to next? Afghanistan? What a moron.

Yeah. Goodell is personally responsible for all parts of expansion, player quality, game rules, timeouts, commercials, all rule changes, over saturation in the market, coaching, all hirings and draft picks, players beating their wives in elevators, players shooting themselves in nightclubs and being involved in other shootings, sexual misconduct, drug abuse, choke holds and punches and cheap hits on the field and everything else NFL.

Jeez.

And Im so sure the NFL is suffering so bad because you dont want to watch it anymore except that you spend time in forums talking about the NFL.

I take solace in the fact that the Cowboys won't win another title with Jerry at the helm.

I take solace in the fact that the Cowboys won't win another title with Jerry at the helm.

I think it's very doable with Jerry still around............but not likely as long as Jason Garrett is.

Remember how outraged Jurrah was at Rog about the Tom Brady witch hunt over deflated balls? He's had enough. Jurrah is so consistent.

Jerry didn't build a $1.2B stadium so that the world can see curtains.

or so that his receivers can see passes coming their way

or so that his receivers can see passes coming their way

You've been there - was plenty of room to build that going North/South......... I don't get it..... Then again, he built a $1.2B retractable roof and never even opens it. :D

I disagree with about... 100% of what you just said.

The stadium is a beast of a stadium though. Dallas used to play a lot of noon games and they've played in the afternoon this year almost every game.

Roger has been bad. Has he been so terrible that he should be fired? Probably not, but under his direction the company (The NFL) has suffered. I think that is enough that his deal should NOT be renewed. Let it play out, sign a new guy to a MUCH lower contract. Smart business move.

I don't care for Jerry Jones, but I hate Goodell and think he's terrible for the league.

if you think that 6 figures makes a billion, there isn't much to talk about.

if you think that 6 figures makes a billion, there isn't much to talk about.

Ok. So you don't have capacity to understand that 6 figures wisely used and hard work makes 7 figures etc...

So I understand why you are stuck on this. You are right, no reason to talk to you about it.

I think Goodell should be given a never ending contract. Greatest commissioner in professional sports history is how I see it.

Interesting info on the stadium orientation, didn't know that.

But on the other issue...

But on the other issue...

Meh, I guess he technically did - apologies.........But this was a preseason game, a game in which Trapasso admitted to trying to hit in warm ups.

Meh, I guess he technically did - apologies.........But this was a preseason game, a game in which Trapasso admitted to trying to hit in warm ups.

No apologies necessary :) I thought I'd remembered it happening, but when you said it was practice I doubted myself. Figured I'd check :)