Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

How exactly did the Russian rig the election?

Has CNN devoted any coverage to the Hillary 400 million story ?

The story thatbwas supposedly the reason for thebTrump Tower meeting that even Don ant saod wasnt all that interesting?

Or you just like to worry about Russian propaganda stories vs actual investigations and Indictments?

All talk and no facts and a Primary is part of the election process.

Study finds IRS suppression of Tea Party swung 2012 election

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/study-finds-irs-suppression-of-tea-party-swung-2012-election/article/2536756

Biased study finds something...actual investigation finds nothing.

You are all talk and no facts chump.

Are you being sarcastic? :unsure:

We're all biased. What did I say that was incorrect?

Your thread titles asks "rig the election".

"There were Russian "bots" or fake accounts on Twitter, tweeting things like information and anti Hillary stuff."

----First off, it wasn't information, it was false information, it was the definition of "FAKE NEWS". And they spent millions on it as shown in the indictments. They worked for the "GRU, a Russian federation intelligence agency within the main intelligence directorate of the Russian military, who were acting in "their official capacities.". Did they hack voting machines and change the vote totals - No. But they clearly interfered with the process by using targeted ads/stories to influence people. And the only way you could think that it didn't have an effect is to believe that advertising is ineffective. Rig no, put their thumbs heavily on the scale...yes.

Did Russian spies STEAL information from confidential government servers and then post them on Twitter?

The Russian hackers' scheme to steal thousands of documents from the Democrats, as described in the indictment, used simple but effective tools to breach their targets many times and in multiple ways. From Twitter and Facebook to WordPress, the hackers used the online services most ingrained in American society for posts that spread their illicit information.

Even bitcoin, the electronic cash that's kept Silicon Valley abuzz, played a key role in the Russians' efforts to build their hacking infrastructure. "The use of bitcoin allowed the conspirators to avoid direct relationships with traditional financial institutions, allowing them to evade greater scrutiny of their identities and sources of funds," the indictment said.

The hacking tools included emails disguised as Google security alerts containing bogus links and malware deposited on servers. Some were even transferred to a computer the foreign intelligence group leased in Illinois. They stole passwords, tracked keystrokes, took screenshots and watched banking information, the indictment said.

And then, to spread the documents they collected, the Russians lied about their identity. At various times online, the conspirators claimed publicly they were American, then Romanian and had "totally no relation to the Russian government."

Many of the 12 Russian intelligence officers used fake names online, showing that anyone could be behind that "blablabla1234565" handle. One hacker even chose Americanized names like "Kate S. Milton," "James McMorgans" and "Karen W. Miller" to hide his foreign identity. DCLeaks.com, the domain operated by the hackers to post stolen documents, used the name "Carrie Feehan," who wrongly appeared to be a New Yorker.

So yeah, I was being a bit sarcastic that you've managed to reach your conclusions that quickly, while seeming to have missed some pretty pertinent facts.

The primary is not a full in election...not really rigged and what they did is not against the law...nor is it relevant to the discussion other the the usual deflection from brainwashed idiots like you.

The IRS did not do as you claimed either...also irrelevant to the discussion.

Great job being a fool again

so the IRS apologized for nothing?

https://www.npr.org/2017/10/27/560308997/irs-apologizes-for-aggressive-scrutiny-of-conservative-groups?utm_campaign=storyshare&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

Weird how Trump seems to hate our long term allies and even our own US intelligence agencies and Justice Department, but he loves dictators like Putin and Kim.

If the Ruskies wanted Trump to win. Why did they give Hillarys people the pee-pee dossier?

Well?

Full tilt

By the time 2020 rolls around, he'll be nothing more that a drooling, babbling, blob of .

• Like 1

The whole idea that Russia interfered is pure comedy. Find me one person that changed their vote because of 'Russian interference'. They never contacted me. Who gives a flying about spreading propaganda. We do the same in other countries elections.

Overblown bullshit is all this is and NOTHING of substance will come out of it. Slotard, jacking off in the corner, hoping something will happen to Trump is simply his pipe dream.

The whole idea that Russia interfered is pure comedy. Find me one person that changed their vote because of 'Russian interference'. They never contacted me. Who gives a flying ###### about spreading propaganda. We do the same in other countries elections.

Overblown bullshit is all this is and NOTHING of substance will come out of it. Slotard, jacking off in the corner, hoping something will happen to Trump is simply his pipe dream.

smerconish called it a terroristic attack

:lol:

The whole idea that Russia interfered is pure comedy. Find me one person that changed their vote because of 'Russian interference'. They never contacted me. Who gives a flying ###### about spreading propaganda. We do the same in other countries elections.

I agree that if this is about Russian twitter bots spreading lies on the internet. Big freaking whoop. Twitter is a global platform and the internet is full of B.S. Totally agree.

IF Russian "spies" hacked into U.S. intelligence servers and are using the internet to steal government secrets or the like. Now I have a BIG problem with that.

:dunno:

• Like 1

I agree that if this is about Russian twitter bots spreading lies on the internet. Big freaking whoop. Twitter is a global platform and the internet is full of B.S. Totally agree.

IF Russian "spies" hacked into U.S. intelligence servers and are using the internet to steal government secrets or the like. Now I have a BIG problem with that.

what if the secretary of state knowingly and intentionally used a vulnerable illegal private server which exposed government secrets to foreign agents.

Think Americans would/should have a problem with that ?

What if the president lied about knowing of this illegal server while also communicating across it ?

What if the FBI and intelligence depts were denied access to this equipment for foresnis analysis?

Should Americans have problems with these things ?

what if the secretary of state knowingly and intentionally used a vulnerable illegal private server which exposed government secrets to foreign agents.

Think Americans would/should have a problem with that ?

What if the president lied about knowing of this illegal server while also communicating across it ?

What if the FBI and intelligence depts were denied access to this equipment for foresnis analysis?

Should Americans have problems with these things ?

Yes

But this is a Trump thread.

Yes

But this is a Trump thread.

this trump thread and the severe cases of TDS we see daily are all a byproduct of these real crimes.
  • Like 1

Both probably happened. And I think everyone agress with you.

The "rigging" distraction is the left trying to remain relevant to their base while scrambling to come up with meaningful policy before November. If they go down hard this election they are toast until 2022.

NPR

2. Fake news had a wide reach

More than one-quarter of voting-age adults visited a fake news website supporting either Clinton or Trump in the final weeks of the 2016 campaign, according to estimates from Guess and his co-authors. That information was gleaned from a sample of more than 2,500 Americans' web traffic data collected (with consent) from October and November of 2016.

Some posts, in particular spread, especially far: In the months leading up to the election, the top 20 fake news stories had more shares, reactions, and comments on Facebook (8.7 million engagements) than the 20 top hard news stories (7.3 million engagements), according to a Buzzfeed analysis.

Importantly, this doesn't mean that fake news itself had a broader reach than hard news. Indeed, in either category, 20 stories are just a tiny slice of a gigantic universe of news stories.

"There is a long tail of stories on Facebook," a Facebook spokesman told BuzzFeed. "It may seem like the top stories get a lot of traction, but they represent a tiny fraction of the total."

It does, however, show on a basic level that millions of people interacted with these kinds of stories.

3. ... but it appears a small share of people read a large share of the fake news

Only an estimated 10 percent of Americans account for nearly 60 percent of visits to fake news sites, according to that study from Princeton's Guess and his co-authors. Not only that, but that 10 percent is the 10 percent of people with the "most conservative information diets."

That suggests that, at least as far as reading fake news articles goes, fake news may have served largely to influence already-decided voters. One could reasonably assume that those one-in-ten uber-conservative people who read the most fake news stories were unlikely to ever vote for Clinton.

Perhaps relatedly, Guess and his co-authors also found that fake news articles were heavily pro-Trump: People saw an average of 5.45 fake news articles during the month-and-a-half-long study...and that 5.00 of those articles were pro-Trump. (But once again, extremes make averages; a small share of heavy fake-news readers drove that average up.)

I think you are both incredibly minimizing the effect it had. Do you really think Russia spent millions for something that didn't have an affect on people?

There are studies out there about the impact of fake news in friends social media, confirmation bias and how it affects people. I'm sure a couple of open-minded guys like yourselves will check them out....

So we have Russia Twitter Bots and Fox News on one side

CNN, ABC, Huff Post, NBC, MSNBC, CBS on the other side.

I'll call it a fake news wash.

This probably happens to some extent quite frequently and by many countries (Israel, China). We probably do it to them quite frequently as well.

So we have Russia Twitter Bots and Fox News on one side

CNN, ABC, Huff Post, NBC, MSNBC, CBS on the other side.

I'll call it a fake news wash.

I'm so glad you came into this discussion with honest questions and an earnest desire to take an unbiased look at the evidence before coming to a conclusion. Really, astute observation there, buddy. :thumbsup:

NPR

I think you are both incredibly minimizing the effect it had. Do you really think Russia spent millions for something that didn't have an affect on people?

There are studies out there about the impact of fake news in friends social media, confirmation bias and how it affects people. I'm sure a couple of open-minded guys like yourselves will check them out....

Let me know when they cause people to change their vote, you know like 1000s of people. So far the tally of people duped in their voting is ZERO. I don't see a single person screaming about the fact that they were duped in their voting because of fake news generated by Russia. Yeah, if Russia did spend that kind of $, they obviously wasted that $. Could have built some nukes.

I'm so glad you came into this discussion with honest questions and an earnest desire to take an unbiased look at the evidence before coming to a conclusion. Really, astute observation there, buddy. :thumbsup:

I was agreeing with your NPR link.

Fake news does have an effect. I've been saying if regarding the U.S. media for a decade now. I'm finally glad it took Russia creating fake Facebook accounts for some of you to acknowledge it. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

NPR

Who said they spent millions? Link?

Let me know when they cause people to change their vote, you know like 1000s of people. So far the tally of people duped in their voting is ZERO. I don't see a single person screaming about the fact that they were duped in their voting because of fake news generated by Russia. Yeah, if Russia did spend that kind of $, they obviously wasted that $. Could have built some nukes.

Nobody's ever been duped into giving a Sudanese prince money either. People are way too smart for anything like that. :rolleyes:

This probably happens to some extent quite frequently and by many countries (Israel, China). We probably do it to them quite frequently as well.

We secured a 10 billion dollar loan for Boris Yeltsins 1996 re-election.

Fake news does have an effect. I've been saying if regarding the U.S. media for a decade now. I'm finally glad it took Russia creating fake Facebook accounts for some of you to acknowledge it. :thumbsup:

And I"m mocking you equating Russian News bots with CNN and other news sources, That's absurd and if that's where you are it, there is no point in having any further discussion.

When MDC met his wife he was renting a room from some guy he found on Craig's list and his wife, who was a single mother at the time, owned her own house. Just sayin

And I"m mocking you equating Russian News bots with CNN and other news sources, That's absurd and if that's where you are it, there is no point in having any further discussion.

Okay, that was a little too much. I'm sorry, I shouldn't mock anyone who is trying to have an honest discussion.

But you really need to do quite a bit more research on what Russia did on social media if you think American Media Bias is even in the same ballpark as to what a part of the Russian Gov/Intelligence Dept. did during the 2016 election.

By the time 2020 rolls around, he'll be nothing more that a drooling, babbling, blob of ######.

Unless he feels rage, he feels nothing

Somebodys. Sexual frustration. :( :lol:

When you meet up with your wife's first baby-daddy, does he ever say "Hi, how's your wife and my kid"? It would be really funny if he did, being as he has a kid with your wife. Lol.

Nobody's ever been duped into giving a Sudanese prince money either. People are way too smart for anything like that. :rolleyes:

Those people don't vote.

didn't that brennan guy lie under oath about mass surveillance?

Didnt a judge find the intelligence depts guilty of FISA abuses?

Who put forward the 17 intelligence agencies lie ?

Why didn't these highly trustworthy agencies shoot it down immediately, knowing it was a lie.

All of these conundrums that fall on deaf/ partisan hack ears.

Yeah they've been extremely trustworthy

I don't trust the top tier of our intelligence agencies either. How could you after that testimony from Sztork last week? Bias didn't affect his work. He actually said that. Please.

Corker? :lol:

Ryan? :lol: :lol:

Nothing unusual at all about those never Trump cucks being on the losing team once again.

They both are so unpopular that they are stepping down at the end of this term.

I don't think I can find any better examples of idiots being duped by the propaganda machines.

Pizzagate ring a bell?

Found the pedophile.

Just because you enjoy diddling children doesn't mean we want to hear about it.

Sick Fock.

I don't think I can find any better examples of idiots being duped by the propaganda machines.

So you think Sztork was telling the truth?

Yeah, man I was all set to mark that ballot for Hillary and I got a damn tweet from Putin that said 'vote for Trump'. If duped means laughing at the nuts losing their last remaining brain cell on every Trump move, then duped I am. I checked my bank account, looks like I really go duped. :lol: you guys are as hysterical now as you were on election night when the stock market futures were dropping as Trump was winning. Must suck being guys like you, who sold only to watch them rocket back after he won, standing there with your mouth open wondering why you got taken to the cleaners....by Trump.....and it hasn't stopped, 1.5 years later.

Yeah, man I was all set to mark that ballot for Hillary and I got a damn tweet from Putin that said 'vote for Trump'. If duped means laughing at the nuts losing their last remaining brain cell on every Trump move, then duped I am. I checked my bank account, looks like I really go duped. :lol: you guys are as hysterical now as you were on election night when the stock market futures were dropping as Trump was winning. Must suck being guys like you, who sold only to watch them rocket back after he won, standing there with your mouth open wondering why you got taken to the cleaners....by Trump.....and it hasn't stopped, 1.5 years later.

:first: