Sign in to follow this  
tiger99

Keeper Help

I'm in a 2 player keeper. I'm keeping an LJ and torn on my second. Points are given as follows:

1 pt / 20 yards rushing

3 bonus points for 100 yard rushing game

1 pt / 20 yards receiving

0.5 pt/reception

4 bonus points for 100 receiving game

6pts for rec/rush TDs

Should I keep Steve Smith or Domanick Davis as my second keeper?

Thanks

Steve Smith- Most everytime I would go RB,but Smith is so good,with the 4 points for 100yds he should give you that many times. DD is good but not top five at his spot. Smith should/could be at the top of the WRs

Plus-not sure about DD knee & the talk about other RBs. Still DD gets a good share of yards receiving. The bonus points for 100yds is big. I could see DD gettting 70yds rush & 60yds rec. & you would not get any of the bonus points

Add the point about Smith over Davis that Houston is rumored to be a potential party in the trade for Chris Brown. Michael Bennett was rumored a few weeks ago as well.

Seems to me if Houston continues to be a team involved in these rumors, they are concerned about DD being ready or making it through the year--where there's smoke, there's fire.

I would stay away from Davis. He is oft-injured, while a fine back when he is healthy. No way you should keep him over a bonafied top-5 Receiver.

Davis gets hurt a lot, is currently hurt in fact

his new coach subscribes to the <insert random RB here> theroy he used in Denver and his Oline coach destroyed a very good run game in Green Bay

too me that all adds up to Steve Smith

In this case... I take Steve Smith.

Davis always seems to get injured. His knee is a concern right now and trade rumors of backs coming to Houston seem to never stop.

LJ- arguable number one fantasy back

Smith- arguable number one fantasy wr

I say go for it.

S. Smith. It's not that DD is often injured - he IS injured. His knee is still bothering him so the risk is there. Is that a risk I would be willing to take while letting SS go?