Photo

Average Fantasy Football League?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Average Fantasy Football League...? (65 member(s) have cast votes)

How many participants?

1. 10 (18 votes [27.69%])

Percentage of vote: 27.69%

2. 12 (46 votes [70.77%])

Percentage of vote: 70.77%

3. 14 (1 votes [1.54%])

Percentage of vote: 1.54%

Style?

1. Points-only (1 votes [1.54%])

Percentage of vote: 1.54%

2. Head-to-head (59 votes [90.77%])

Percentage of vote: 90.77%

3. Hybrid (5 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

Structure?

1. Re-drafter (49 votes [75.38%])

Percentage of vote: 75.38%

2. Keeper/Dynasty (16 votes [24.62%])

Percentage of vote: 24.62%

3. Other (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mike FF Today

Mike FF Today

Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,235 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 11:40 AM

One of the most appealing things about fantasy football is league diversity. It's also a problem when trying give advice on team management questions. So, is it possible to come up with a an "average" fantasy football league? It would simply be a league that one could talk about as a point of reference that would be understood by others in the fantasy football community.

FF Today staffer Mike Davis would like some feedback. I his weekly Q&A column, Mike has asked the readers to chime on the basic stucture of an "Average" fantasy football league. We’ll get to other more details in the weeks to come (lineups, roster size, scoring systems, etc.), but for now he is interested only in feedback on these first three points...

1. How many participants?

2. Points-only, head-to-head, or a hybrid? and...

3. Redrafter, keeper, or some other model??

For me it has to be...

1. 12 Teams

2. Head to Head

3. Re-draft

I actually think "Total Points" is a better indicator of finding the best ff team during a season but the weekly head-to-head matchups give ff its appeal to many and probably resemble the common or "average" league that is played in today.

Follow me to the best fantasy draft program in the business.

Like FFToday on Facebook | Follow FFToday on Twitter

#2 gobuckeyes

gobuckeyes

FF Geek

• Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 11:48 AM

Vote: 1. 12 2. HtH 3. Re

Scoring is standard: 6pts per touchdown, 1pt/10yrec or yrush, 1pt/25payrd, no bonuses

#3 djrockstar

djrockstar

FF Geek

• Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 02:27 PM

I would argue that *most* people who play fantasy football are in office or friend leagues, not competitive leagues for money. Those kind of leagues are filled with people who have only a casual interest in the NFL, and sometimes no interest at all. It can actually be difficult to fill an entire league sometimes.

All of that to say, I think the *average* league consists of 10 teams ... but the *average* league for people who frequent this bored is most definitely 12.
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.

#4 Mike MacGregor

Mike MacGregor

FF Geek

• Admin
  • 6,152 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 02:39 PM

I actually think I'm in more dynasty leagues this year than redraft. I know more hard core types are all rah rah about dynasty, but honestly, I love to draft and also get frustrated with people tanking dynasty teams making the single season play less competitive. I'm going to be dumping some dynasty leagues after this season.

Average league has to be 12 team (well, maybe 10 because a lot of people can't find enough for 12 or more) head-to-head redraft.

#5 shadow2k

shadow2k

FF Geek

• Members
  • 543 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 03:18 PM

I actually think "Total Points" is a better indicator of finding the best ff team during a season but the weekly head-to-head matchups give ff its appeal to many and probably resemble the common or "average" league that is played in today.

My league does both. Playoffs are the 3 division winners from the H2H games all year, and 3 wildcards based on total points. Keeps everyone pretty happy.

#6 gobuckeyes

gobuckeyes

FF Geek

• Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 05:59 AM

...*

#7 norseman

norseman

FF Geek

• Members
  • 894 posts