Sign in to follow this  
Recidivist

KFC Big Box

Maybe it's because I'm hungry or maybe it's because I haven't eaten Kentucky Fried Chicken since the 20th century . . . but that KFC big box (popcorn chicken, crispy strip, chicken leg, cole slaw, mashed taters & gravy) looked rather appetizing.

The closest KFC is across town and sits in a severely economically disadvantaged neighborhood. Still, I'm debating heading over to the drive thru for one of these.

Any insight is appreciated :dunno:

It's a heart attack in a box, HTH. :(

When it comes to cardiovascular health, I won the genetic lottery: cholesterol count is 120, blood pressure 110/70 and my resting pulse barely hits 40. I could eat KFC everyday for a year and be fine.

I was just wondering if it tastes good :dunno:

My office is next to a KFC. Get a whiff on Tuesday morning when the grease truck is there and you'll never eat that stuff again.

I was just wondering if it tastes good :dunno:

I don't know about that, but the other night I went to see The Departed by myself (wife and kids out of town) at the 2nd run theater cost $1.99 a movie. So I say to self, "kutulu, you better get a bite to eat before the show." :thumbsup:

Head over to KFC a few shops down the road. A few people ahead of me had big orders and I only order a $1.07 sandwich snacker. Well, everyone ended up waiting extra long for their food, but I actually didn't have to wait too long. Nonetheless, for my wait, they gave me 2 sandwich snackers, a order of coleslaw and a soda which I refilled on my way back to the movie. Course I was now stuffed.

I took myself to a movie and dinner for a grand total of $3.06. Needless to say, when I got home, I couldn't keep my hands off myself. :lol: :P :banana:

no, you can't have those 45 seconds back

I took myself to a movie and dinner for a grand total of $3.06.

Was that with or without the AARP discount?

Was that with or without the AARP discount?

Although, I feel like 76 today...I am only 36. :thumbsup:

It's a heart attack in a box, HTH. :P

Better than getting a d!ck in a box

Cut out the middleman and drop it in the toilet.

Guest Davaco

i hope it wasnt a KFC in NYC

if it was, enjoy your fried rats :headbanger:

I really dont like big boxes.....I prefer a small tighter box

:thumbsup:

I once read an investigative article about how the chicken producers for KFC use so many steroids and "cloning" methods that some of the chickens they were producing didn't even have beaks or feathers. They were just big and fleshy. Because of this they had to change their entity name to KFC in order to get the actual word "chicken" out of the name.

I once read an investigative article about how the chicken producers for KFC use so many steroids and "cloning" methods that some of the chickens they were producing didn't even have beaks or feathers. They were just big and fleshy. Because of this they had to change their entity name to KFC in order to get the actual word "chicken" out of the name.

.... :lol: ...People will believe anything.

This is one of the most crazy urban legends ever. If the FDA were to ban them from using the word chicken, funny how they use it on the commercials and in the menu and on the website. It wouldn't just be banned in the name of the restaurant.

This originated as an article published by the University of New Hampshire. Here is a link describing the hoax.

http://www.unh.edu/BoilerPlate/kfc.html

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/fooddrink/a/kfc_chicken.htm

To answer the thread question, I haven't had the Big Box, looks good though.

The closest KFC is across town and sits in a severely economically disadvantaged neighborhood. Still, I'm debating heading over to the drive thru for one of these.

Any insight is appreciated :mad:

I mean this in a nice way --

You're the guy who has told us about how you pack heat, and threaten physical violence to those who put cheese on your burritos.

It's not you that needs to worry about the economically disadvantaged neighborhood -- I'm pretty sure it's worried about you. :mad:

If you've had the individual items before, I don't see what the question is?

It's breaded and fried. Of course it tastes good.

did anyone else notice the target market of that commercial?

hint:  the guy WITH the Big Box

Maybe it's because I'm hungry or maybe it's because I haven't eaten Kentucky Fried Chicken since the 20th century . . . but that KFC big box (popcorn chicken, crispy strip, chicken leg, cole slaw, mashed taters & gravy) looked rather appetizing.

Any insight is appreciated :banana:

Holy crap, I READ that and feel like vomiting. Ick.

I actually went and picked one of these up yesterday, substituting the cole slaw with extra mashers.

Good stuff. :D

I actually went and picked one of these up yesterday, substituting the cole slaw with extra mashers.

Good stuff. :wub:

The cole slaw is probably the only remotely healthy component. Nice work. :dunno:

Can you confirm whether or not a biscuit is part of this meal? TIA.

The cole slaw is probably the only remotely healthy component. Nice work. :rolleyes:

Can you confirm whether or not a biscuit is part of this meal? TIA.

Biscuit included :thumbsup: