• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#1 Mephisto

Mephisto

FF Geek

• Members
  • 15,850 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:40 PM

And a TD for Robert Meachum if your league prioritizes TDs no matter how the individual scores them.

Argument over. I win this thread. :doublethumbsup:

Argue if you must after this post, but this is the answer. :)
Stop smoking cigarettes! Make a switch today.

#2 PsychoBelichickFan

PsychoBelichickFan

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:41 PM

And a TD for Robert Meachum if your league prioritizes TDs no matter how the individual scores them.

Argument over. I win this thread. :headbanger:

Argue if you must after this post, but this is the answer. :doublethumbsup:

saints D .......best d in all of fantasy........ :)

#3 Signature_Athletes

Signature_Athletes

FF Geek

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:44 PM

Argument over. I win this thread. :doublethumbsup:

Argue if you must after this post, but this is the answer. :)

I guess it depends on your league rules. If a defense scores a interception touchdown, it does not count against the defense whose quarterback through the interception. So, I am not sure the defense gets the credit here if it was not on the field. Yahoo is giving the score to Meechum, but not to Saints D. Maybe it could change?

#4 bsballkingben99

bsballkingben99

FF Geek

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:45 PM

technically the offense scored that td

#5 Filthy Fernadez

Filthy Fernadez

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,927 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:45 PM

Not sure if it's Yahoo overall or just our league but the Saints DEF isn't credited with the TD so far. :)

10 Team PPR Redraft League:

Rivers/Keenum

ADP/Jamal Charles/G. Bernard/Vereen

A.J. Green/A. Brown/Randel

Jordan Cameron

Suisham

K.C. Def/Balt Def

#6 Ganggreen3232

Ganggreen3232

FF Geek

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:46 PM

I got credit in my espn league! :)

#7 slacker1989

slacker1989

FF Rookie

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:46 PM

MFL is crediting it to D/ST. Guess we'll have to see how that shakes out later

#8 kostnkost

kostnkost

FF Geek

• Members
  • 823 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:48 PM

Argument over. I win this thread. :headbanger:

Argue if you must after this post, but this is the answer. :doublethumbsup:

This coming from a guy called Mr. Custody Coach :)

#9 PATSSOX

PATSSOX

FF Geek

• Members
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:48 PM

CBS did not give it to Meacham or Saints Def. :) There is no way in hell it should be given to the Saints Def/special teams :headbanger: Only one i could see getting TD is Meacham but even thats sketchy :doublethumbsup:

"IM ALMOST ALWAYS, EVENTUALLY RIGHT"

"MY OPINIONS MAY HAVE CHANGED, BUT NOT THE FACT THAT I AM RIGHT"

#10 Vikings4ever

Vikings4ever

FF Geek

• Members
  • 35,626 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:49 PM

I guess it depends on your league rules. If a defense scores a interception touchdown, it does not count against the defense whose quarterback through the interception. So, I am not sure the defense gets the credit here if it was not on the field. Yahoo is giving the score to Meechum, but not to Saints D. Maybe it could change?

In a lot of leagues, it does. If it does, TD for the D. If it doesn't, TD for Meachem.
People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

#11 Reality

Reality

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,923 posts

Technically the defense scored the TD. This subject has been covered over and over here. As soon as the offense turns the ball over the entire offense is now "defense". There is no middle ground here and Saints D should be credited with a TD. It's really very simple.

#12 PsychoBelichickFan

PsychoBelichickFan

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,228 posts

espn gave it to saints,,,,,,,nfl .com gave it to meacham

#13 BirdBrain

BirdBrain

FF Geek

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:50 PM

Sportsline gave me points for the fumble but none for the TD!

#14 PATSSOX

PATSSOX

FF Geek

• Members
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:51 PM

Technically the defense scored the TD. This subject has been covered over and over here. As soon as the offense turns the ball over the entire offense is now "defense". There is no middle ground here and Saints D should be credited with a TD. It's really very simple.

if thats how the NFL see's it than it should be given to Saints. :)

"IM ALMOST ALWAYS, EVENTUALLY RIGHT"

"MY OPINIONS MAY HAVE CHANGED, BUT NOT THE FACT THAT I AM RIGHT"

#15 Boston_Diablo

Boston_Diablo

FF Geek

• Members
  • 931 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:51 PM

saints D .......best d in all of fantasy........ :)

Thank goodness, I needed this bad (MJD, Marshall, Avant, Rock not doing jack).... Too bad I benched Meachem!

#16 dreen626

dreen626

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:54 PM

Should be given to Meachum and Saints D/ST IMO.

#17 Vikings4ever

Vikings4ever

FF Geek

• Members
  • 35,626 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:59 PM

Should be given to Meachum and Saints D/ST IMO.

Would you give an INT to a WR who's in on a last second hail mary?

#18 Knowsome Bobarino

Knowsome Bobarino

FF Geek

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:00 PM

Can someone fill me in on the details of the actual play?

Sounds like the Saints offense was on the field and Meachem picked up a Saints fumble for a TD. Is that it?

#19 Vikings4ever

Vikings4ever

FF Geek

• Members
  • 35,626 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:02 PM

Can someone fill me in on the details of the actual play?

Sounds like the Saints offense was on the field and Meachem picked up a Saints fumble for a TD. Is that it?

Brees threw an INT, on the return Meachem ripped the ball out of the defender's hands and returned it for a TD.

#20 Foghorn Leghorn

Foghorn Leghorn

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:04 PM

Would you give an INT to a WR who's in on a last second hail mary?

Randy Moss got points in for just that this year in the league I'm in - but it's an IDP league so, to me, that made sense. If it's a team D/ST then, to me, it would not make sense.

#21 Vikings4ever

Vikings4ever

FF Geek

• Members
  • 35,626 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:08 PM

Randy Moss got points in for just that this year in the league I'm in - but it's an IDP league so, to me, that made sense. If it's a team D/ST then, to me, it would not make sense.

Right. In an IDP, Meachem would get the TD. In a team defense league, no TD for Meachem.

#22 idiotec

idiotec

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:09 PM

In an ESPN league, wondering if that scoring is going to stick. Yes, I am going against Saints D/ST :)

#23 nobody

nobody

FF Geek

• Members
  • 19,483 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:04 PM

Technically and in every other way, you're wrong.

#24 nobody

nobody

FF Geek

• Members
  • 19,483 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:08 PM

I started Meachem in an IDP league today. Woot@#$!@

Forced fumble, fumble recovery, tackle, and a defensive TD.

#25 Vikings4ever

Vikings4ever

FF Geek

• Members
  • 35,626 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:08 PM

Technically and in every other way, you're wrong.

:overhead:

Same reason fake punts/FGs don't get scored for ST units.

#26 nobody

nobody

FF Geek

• Members
  • 19,483 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:12 PM

:overhead:

Same reason fake punts/FGs don't get scored for ST units.

It's funny. The silverbacks all know the rules inside and out.

#27 FF_Guru_Guy

FF_Guru_Guy

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,265 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:29 PM

Anyone remember the infamous Keenan McCardell TD from 2003? Back then there was quite a bit of controversy, with different services scoring it differently. MyFantasyLeague and Fanball (I think) gave the TD to McCardell, but Sportsline insisted upon giving it to the New Orleans D/ST. I remember Sportsline sending an email to members, saying something to the effect of, "We consider it a Defensive TD because McCardell was on Defense after the first turnover."

Um, yeah.....but McCardell was back on offense after the 2nd turnover! Man, Sportsline sucked so bad back then.

#28 FF_Guru_Guy

FF_Guru_Guy

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,265 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:30 PM

Technically you are wrong.

#29 blagrange

blagrange

FF Geek

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:36 PM

Anyone remember the infamous Keenan McCardell TD from 2003? Back then there was quite a bit of controversy, with different services scoring it differently. MyFantasyLeague and Fanball (I think) gave the TD to McCardell, but Sportsline insisted upon giving it to the New Orleans D/ST. I remember Sportsline sending an email to members, saying something to the effect of, "We consider it a Defensive TD because McCardell was on Defense after the first turnover."

Um, yeah.....but McCardell was back on offense after the 2nd turnover! Man, Sportsline sucked so bad back then.

Well Fanball has it scored as a DST score right now. I wonder how it will play out this year though since Fanball is the biggest piece of Shiot site around right now. Their scoring is not good until Wednesday anyway.

#30 Reality

Reality

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,923 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:50 PM

Technically you are wrong.

Technically, you have no clue what you're talking about..

HTH

#31 FF_Guru_Guy

FF_Guru_Guy

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,265 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:16 PM

Technically, you have no clue what you're talking about..

It's okay, the NFL has my back. :thumbsup:

#32 Knowsome Bobarino

Knowsome Bobarino

FF Geek

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:12 PM

By this logic, there should no such thing as a defensive TD. If the offense turns into defense when there is a turnover, then the defense turns to offense after the pick off a pass as they are trying to score. A DB that is advancing an INT for a TD has to be considered offensive based on your logic.

#33 FF_Guru_Guy

FF_Guru_Guy

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,265 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:29 PM

By this logic, there should no such thing as a defensive TD. If the offense turns into defense when there is a turnover, then the defense turns to offense after the pick off a pass as they are trying to score. A DB that is advancing an INT for a TD has to be considered offensive based on your logic.

:rolleyes:

#34 RaiderHater's Revenge

RaiderHater's Revenge

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,378 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:29 PM

It's okay, the NFL has my back. :rolleyes:

technically they dont.

after a change of possession the offense becomes the defense and the defense becomes the offense. We get credit for offensive TD's scored by our defense, there is no such thing as a defensive TD, its just looked at that way to avoid confusion. Once a change of possession occurs, followed by a 2nd change of possession on the current play the original offensive team gets credit for a DEFENSIVE take away and a Defensive offensive TD

Pts should be credited to NO D/ST

Almost Perfect Team

12 Team  PPR w/return yards, full IDP
QB- Cam (6)
RB- Forte (2), TRich (T)
WR- Calvin (1), Andre (4)
TE- Cameron (19)
Flex- D.Thomas (T)
Bench- Stacy (FA), Snelling (FA), Vick (15), Joique (FA), Vareen IR (13), Gordon (21)

LB- Kuelchy(8), Pouslanzky(11), D'Qwell (9)

DB- Peterson(10), Barron(12), D.Mccourty(15), W.Moore(16)

Dealt CJ0K+Mathews for Demaryius

Dealt Edelman+DWill for TRich

#35 Reality

Reality

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,923 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:33 PM

Once again, it's not my logic..

I'm just explaining why the defense gets credit for the TD.

:rolleyes:

I didn't invent this stuff.

#36 m82492

m82492

FF Geek

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:24 PM

Ok so in Yahoo they don't have it for Meachem or the DE. I don't play in a league where points go with the players such as on returns. The points on returns and special teams go with the team D. So as of right now there is no TD for Meachem or Saints DE. Saints DE does have 3 fumble recoveries and an INT. If they credit this Meachem thing to the DE does that mean they had 4 fumble recoveries in the game? Because if they credited them with the fumble recovery already.....only right that they credit the TD too.

So basically....counting the Meachem play as Saints DE how many Fumble recoveries did they have today? 3 or 4?

#37 MikieV101

MikieV101

FF Geek

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:25 PM

I agree with RTsports on this one....

In the New Orleans - Washington game:
Drew Brees threw a pass that was intercepted by K. Moore of the Redskins. Moore returned the ball to the Washington 44, where he was stripped of the ball by Robert Meachem, who then ran for the touchdown.

Per our policy regarding these types of plays, this is an offensive fumble recovery touchdown for Meachem and NOT a defensive fumble recovery touchdown for the Saints. The intent of having a defensive unit on a fantasy team is to own the defensive players of that team; clearly the Saints defensive unit was never on the field at any time during the play.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
12-Team re-draft/DV Keeper League
Since 1991

#38 FrogAssassin

FrogAssassin

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,671 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:30 PM

This correct, whatever the websites credit it at. They will fix it.

Defense gets credit. Sorry meachum owners

Wipe twice, flush once.

#39 Vikings4ever

Vikings4ever

FF Geek

• Members
  • 35,626 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:35 PM

Drew Brees threw a pass that was intercepted by K. Moore of the Redskins. Moore returned the ball to the Washington 44, where he was stripped of the ball by Robert Meachem, who then ran for the touchdown.

Per our policy regarding these types of plays, this is an offensive fumble recovery touchdown for Meachem and NOT a defensive fumble recovery touchdown for the Saints. The intent of having a defensive unit on a fantasy team is to own the defensive players of that team; clearly the Saints defensive unit was never on the field at any time during the play.

So a fake FG/punt goes to the special teams because they're on the field? :)

#40 ffsmack

ffsmack

FF Geek

• Members
  • 916 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:36 PM

Do they count points against the defense when there is an offensive turnover for a TD? If so then they need to change it per the cited policy.

I just want sites to be consistent, if a turnover TD counts against the defense then this should count for them.