Sign in to follow this  
Mephisto

It's a TD for the Saints D/ST

And a TD for Robert Meachum if your league prioritizes TDs no matter how the individual scores them.

Argument over. I win this thread. :doublethumbsup:

Argue if you must after this post, but this is the answer. :)

And a TD for Robert Meachum if your league prioritizes TDs no matter how the individual scores them.

Argument over. I win this thread. :headbanger:

Argue if you must after this post, but this is the answer. :doublethumbsup:

saints D .......best d in all of fantasy........ :)

Argument over. I win this thread. :doublethumbsup:

Argue if you must after this post, but this is the answer. :)

I guess it depends on your league rules. If a defense scores a interception touchdown, it does not count against the defense whose quarterback through the interception. So, I am not sure the defense gets the credit here if it was not on the field. Yahoo is giving the score to Meechum, but not to Saints D. Maybe it could change?

Argument over. I win this thread. :headbanger:

Argue if you must after this post, but this is the answer. :doublethumbsup:

This coming from a guy called Mr. Custody Coach :)

CBS did not give it to Meacham or Saints Def. :) There is no way in hell it should be given to the Saints Def/special teams :headbanger: Only one i could see getting TD is Meacham but even thats sketchy :doublethumbsup:

I guess it depends on your league rules. If a defense scores a interception touchdown, it does not count against the defense whose quarterback through the interception. So, I am not sure the defense gets the credit here if it was not on the field. Yahoo is giving the score to Meechum, but not to Saints D. Maybe it could change?

In a lot of leagues, it does. If it does, TD for the D. If it doesn't, TD for Meachem.

technically the offense scored that td

Technically the defense scored the TD. This subject has been covered over and over here. As soon as the offense turns the ball over the entire offense is now "defense". There is no middle ground here and Saints D should be credited with a TD. It's really very simple.

Technically the defense scored the TD. This subject has been covered over and over here. As soon as the offense turns the ball over the entire offense is now "defense". There is no middle ground here and Saints D should be credited with a TD. It's really very simple.

if thats how the NFL see's it than it should be given to Saints. :)

saints D .......best d in all of fantasy........ :)

Thank goodness, I needed this bad (MJD, Marshall, Avant, Rock not doing jack).... Too bad I benched Meachem!

Can someone fill me in on the details of the actual play?

Sounds like the Saints offense was on the field and Meachem picked up a Saints fumble for a TD. Is that it?

Brees threw an INT, on the return Meachem ripped the ball out of the defender's hands and returned it for a TD.

Would you give an INT to a WR who's in on a last second hail mary?

Randy Moss got points in for just that this year in the league I'm in - but it's an IDP league so, to me, that made sense. If it's a team D/ST then, to me, it would not make sense.

Randy Moss got points in for just that this year in the league I'm in - but it's an IDP league so, to me, that made sense. If it's a team D/ST then, to me, it would not make sense.

Right. In an IDP, Meachem would get the TD. In a team defense league, no TD for Meachem.

technically the offense scored that td

Technically and in every other way, you're wrong.

I started Meachem in an IDP league today. Woot@#$!@

Forced fumble, fumble recovery, tackle, and a defensive TD.

:overhead:

Same reason fake punts/FGs don't get scored for ST units.

It's funny. The silverbacks all know the rules inside and out.

Anyone remember the infamous Keenan McCardell TD from 2003? Back then there was quite a bit of controversy, with different services scoring it differently. MyFantasyLeague and Fanball (I think) gave the TD to McCardell, but Sportsline insisted upon giving it to the New Orleans D/ST. I remember Sportsline sending an email to members, saying something to the effect of, "We consider it a Defensive TD because McCardell was on Defense after the first turnover."

Um, yeah.....but McCardell was back on offense after the 2nd turnover! Man, Sportsline sucked so bad back then.

Technically you are wrong.

Anyone remember the infamous Keenan McCardell TD from 2003? Back then there was quite a bit of controversy, with different services scoring it differently. MyFantasyLeague and Fanball (I think) gave the TD to McCardell, but Sportsline insisted upon giving it to the New Orleans D/ST. I remember Sportsline sending an email to members, saying something to the effect of, "We consider it a Defensive TD because McCardell was on Defense after the first turnover."

Um, yeah.....but McCardell was back on offense after the 2nd turnover! Man, Sportsline sucked so bad back then.

Well Fanball has it scored as a DST score right now. I wonder how it will play out this year though since Fanball is the biggest piece of Shiot site around right now. Their scoring is not good until Wednesday anyway.

Technically you are wrong.

Technically, you have no clue what you're talking about..

HTH

By this logic, there should no such thing as a defensive TD. If the offense turns into defense when there is a turnover, then the defense turns to offense after the pick off a pass as they are trying to score. A DB that is advancing an INT for a TD has to be considered offensive based on your logic.

By this logic, there should no such thing as a defensive TD. If the offense turns into defense when there is a turnover, then the defense turns to offense after the pick off a pass as they are trying to score. A DB that is advancing an INT for a TD has to be considered offensive based on your logic.

:rolleyes:

It's okay, the NFL has my back. :rolleyes:

technically they dont.

after a change of possession the offense becomes the defense and the defense becomes the offense. We get credit for offensive TD's scored by our defense, there is no such thing as a defensive TD, its just looked at that way to avoid confusion. Once a change of possession occurs, followed by a 2nd change of possession on the current play the original offensive team gets credit for a DEFENSIVE take away and a Defensive offensive TD

Pts should be credited to NO D/ST

Once again, it's not my logic..

I'm just explaining why the defense gets credit for the TD.

:rolleyes:

I didn't invent this stuff.

Ok so in Yahoo they don't have it for Meachem or the DE. I don't play in a league where points go with the players such as on returns. The points on returns and special teams go with the team D. So as of right now there is no TD for Meachem or Saints DE. Saints DE does have 3 fumble recoveries and an INT. If they credit this Meachem thing to the DE does that mean they had 4 fumble recoveries in the game? Because if they credited them with the fumble recovery already.....only right that they credit the TD too.

So basically....counting the Meachem play as Saints DE how many Fumble recoveries did they have today? 3 or 4?

I agree with RTsports on this one....

In the New Orleans - Washington game:

Drew Brees threw a pass that was intercepted by K. Moore of the Redskins. Moore returned the ball to the Washington 44, where he was stripped of the ball by Robert Meachem, who then ran for the touchdown.

Per our policy regarding these types of plays, this is an offensive fumble recovery touchdown for Meachem and NOT a defensive fumble recovery touchdown for the Saints. The intent of having a defensive unit on a fantasy team is to own the defensive players of that team; clearly the Saints defensive unit was never on the field at any time during the play.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

This correct, whatever the websites credit it at. They will fix it.

Defense gets credit. Sorry meachum owners

Drew Brees threw a pass that was intercepted by K. Moore of the Redskins. Moore returned the ball to the Washington 44, where he was stripped of the ball by Robert Meachem, who then ran for the touchdown.

Per our policy regarding these types of plays, this is an offensive fumble recovery touchdown for Meachem and NOT a defensive fumble recovery touchdown for the Saints. The intent of having a defensive unit on a fantasy team is to own the defensive players of that team; clearly the Saints defensive unit was never on the field at any time during the play.

So a fake FG/punt goes to the special teams because they're on the field? :)

Do they count points against the defense when there is an offensive turnover for a TD? If so then they need to change it per the cited policy.

I just want sites to be consistent, if a turnover TD counts against the defense then this should count for them.