Sign in to follow this  
FreddieMercury

Best Fantasy Football Magazines?

I admit it: I want a fantasy football magazine. I know, they're like the equivalent of junk food in fantasy football: filled with junk and mostly bad for you. But I can't help it. I've gotta have one, because it means the season is almost here. There's nothing like the tactile feel of the magazine in your hands, the hack analysis for fantasy noobs, and the tables of predictions that will be mostly wrong.

So with that being said, which magazine do you think is the least bad? Which one will I most enjoy thumbing through in July and August while I wait for my draft?

See my favorite Fantasy magazine to the left.

I grab a Fantasy Football Weekly by Fanball every year. I guess at this point it's just more my tradition than anything else.

I grab a Fantasy Football Weekly by Fanball every year. I guess at this point it's just more my tradition than anything else.

congrat, i wanna too

I like Fantasy Index. Tons of statistical analysis is provided, and they're not afraid to go out on a limb with their rankings. They're still trying to live down a Top 3 ranking for Tatum Bell three years ago.

Dude - go with Professional Football Weekly. I've been doing fantasy football since .. Fall 1991, and PFW is the only one I get for the past decade or so.

They include a chart for ALL stats for EVERY game from the previous season. REALLY helps with trying to nail-down your WR2/3 and/or flex player! :pointstosky:

Oh - I also have been to a league Superbowl 6 of the last 7 years. (Got hit by the injury bug in 2008; law of averages, I guess!) :first:

Anyone know if any of the magazines have been updated in August? I was looking at a few yesterday and they all look like first releases. I haven't seen one that lists T.O. as a Bengal for example.

Lol, they're all useless IMO.

Written in March, April and May. Published and delivered in June/July.

If you need crapper material, take your laptop with you, lol.

I agree...all magazines suck

I'd go to a site that updates their ratings and create your own cheatsheet.

FFToday's cheatsheet compiler is the best...you can even get an average of ALL sites

I use fantasy football index

If you do IDP's, Fantasy Football Index has a useful section breaking down the defense of each team from a fantasy standpoint.

NFL.com has some pretty deep insight....... <_<

Only thing they are good for is reading material to cross the atlantic

Anyone know if any of the magazines have been updated in August? I was looking at a few yesterday and they all look like first releases. I haven't seen one that lists T.O. as a Bengal for example.

I agree that magazines are pretty much useless in the internet era. But for the last couple of drafts, when I didn't bring one, I inevitably find myself asking to borrow someone else's just to read up on some deep, deep sleeper WR who I had no idea I would even be considering. So I go back to my original question......

Does anyone know if any magazine has been updated in the past month or so?

I don't think any of them update once the preseason starts. At least I haven't found any.

Count me among the buying one out of tradition, it's not fantasy football season until I buy one.

I think this is my last year, though. I find myself spending more time online with some great sites, and the mag I bought doesn't have TO with the Bengals and still has White with the Seahawks. Every time I see that I get reminded how they're pretty much out of date the minute they hit the stands. I think next year I'm just going to try using the web and spending my magazine money on one of the draft compilers. We'll see. I admit that having a magazine is like having a security blanket, and having something to read on the can is always nice.

My question would be, other than fftoday.com, what other (free) sites would you put together to replace a magazine?

I agree that magazines are pretty much useless in the internet era. But for the last couple of drafts, when I didn't bring one, I inevitably find myself asking to borrow someone else's just to read up on some deep, deep sleeper WR who I had no idea I would even be considering. So I go back to my original question......

Does anyone know if any magazine has been updated in the past month or so?

rotolab is the best. Updates daily based on training camp reports.