Sign in to follow this  
Mike MacGregor

CC/DB Version 2.2

Update 8/25

I don't like making changes to the features so late in the game, but when something isn't working like it is supposed to, it has to be fixed. It just came to my attention that the Inflation feature for auction leagues was not working because of the other changes made to the CC/DB this year. Note this is the ONLY change in version 2.2, so if you do not have an auction draft you do NOT need to upgrade to 2.2. Those in auction drafts, should download the new file.

• fixed Inflation feature for auction drafts

- - - - -

Update 8/3

I just uploaded Version 2.1 of the CC/DB with just two small changes from Version 2.0. Note the changes, because if you don't use Combine WR/TE or plan to print your cheatsheets (or are fine adjusting the print options on your own), then there isn't any need to download 2.1. I wanted to make those changes though for people who do need the fix and print help. Enjoy!

• fixed Combine WR + TE option

• adjusted print area on various tabs for better printing experience

- - - - -

Original Post 7/22

Version 2.0 of the Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy is ready.

• fixed Draft Player buttons

• fixed typos on options tab showing wrong years for the allocation keys

• NEW (sort of) - Draft grid report returns( "grid" tab)

• NEW - Import league scoring from My FFToday

• NEW - Copy league settings from 2011 CC/DB version 1.0 OR a 2010 version of the Cheatsheet Compiler

"grid" tab

People liked the draft grid. I can understand that, so I brought it back, and it works better than before.

My FFToday Import

We're very excited to provide the ability to import scoring from My FF Today. All you have to do is input the unique MyFFT League ID# at the top of the CC/DB scoring tab, and hit the Get Scoring button. Now, I realize the scoring options do not entirely jive between MyFFT and the Compiler (i.e. no distance scoring in MyFFT), so for now it imports what it can, and you can edit the rest. Not sure what your unique MyFFT League ID# is? I added a column to your MyFFT Control Panel showing exactly that information.

Import League Settings 2010 & 2011

In creating a new version, I realized I had to have a way to import league settings and scoring for those who already had version 1.0. Okay, so I did that. I also - after some struggling with it - was able to add the ability to copy over settings and scoring from a 2010 Compiler file. I'm sorry that many of you early birds already asked me where it was with the initial release and I didn't have it in there then. Maybe you still have a couple leagues you can copy over even if you've already started? :unsure: Anyway, it doesn't totally apply here but I'll still say better late than never (for at least the majority of users).

If you guys run into issues using the new features don't hesitate to let us know. Enjoy!

Version 2.0 of the Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy is ready.

• fixed Draft Player buttons
  • fixed typos on options tab showing wrong years for the allocation keys
  • NEW (sort of) - Draft grid report returns( "grid" tab)
  • NEW - Import league scoring from My FFToday
  • NEW - Copy league settings from 2011 CC/DB version 1.0 OR a 2010 version of the Cheatsheet Compiler

"grid" tab

People liked the draft grid. I can understand that, so I brought it back, and it works better than before.

My FFToday Import

We're very excited to provide the ability to import scoring from My FF Today. All you have to do is input the unique MyFFT League ID# at the top of the CC/DB scoring tab, and hit the Get Scoring button. Now, I realize the scoring options do not entirely jive between MyFFT and the Compiler (i.e. no distance scoring in MyFFT), so for now it imports what it can, and you can edit the rest. Not sure what your unique MyFFT League ID# is? I added a column to your MyFFT Control Panel showing exactly that information.

Import League Settings 2010 & 2011

In creating a new version, I realized I had to have a way to import league settings and scoring for those who already had version 1.0. Okay, so I did that. I also - after some struggling with it - was able to add the ability to copy over settings and scoring from a 2010 Compiler file. I'm sorry that many of you early birds already asked me where it was with the initial release and I didn't have it in there then. Maybe you still have a couple leagues you can copy over even if you've already started? :unsure: Anyway, it doesn't totally apply here but I'll still say better late than never (for at least the majority of users).

If you guys run into issues using the new features don't hesitate to let us know. Enjoy!

Well I copied and pasted the owners and keepers in another league and it worked so far. I'll try the other league with the auction going on and see what happens with that.

The thing to do would be to copy over the league rules and scoring using the new feature, first, and then Compile Cbeatsheets to make sure your keepers and draft or auction report tabs are set up the exact same way. Then copy the kept players and draft picks / trades from 1.0 to the exact same spot in 2.0.

The thing to do would be to copy over the league rules and scoring using the new feature, first, and then Compile Cbeatsheets to make sure your keepers and draft or auction report tabs are set up the exact same way. Then copy the kept players and draft picks / trades from 1.0 to the exact same spot in 2.0.

I was a step ahead of you on this and it worked, but the problem I had was some of the auction/draft information was not correct. Specifically the suggested prices of players and the inflation price of players didn't come over good. Multiple players had suggested salaries of $9 mil which I know isn't correct for players like DT, and CB's. Also the inflation price for those players was $19 mil. This isn't a big problem for me since most of my leagues waited before they started auctions cause of the CBA.

The other leagues that are done won't matter with this update right now. Only 1 league with an auction right now that I'm having to manually put that info in.

Tommy

In the auction area my team isn't being highlighted in green. Also I don't think I'm in green in the keeper are either. Just a heads up. Tommy

I bought version 1.0 just last month, can I download this version without having to pay again?

I bought version 1.0 just last month, can I download this version without having to pay again?

Absolutely djprotege. Your purchase entitles you to any version updates we make during the football year. Enjoy!

Absolutely djprotege. Your purchase entitles you to any version updates we make during the football year. Enjoy!

Great! I figured, i guess I should have asked where can i download it because it asks me to pay for it again...

Great! I figured, i guess I should have asked where can i download it because it asks me to pay for it again...

Make sure you're logged in at the site before you try and download.

If you're having trouble logging in shoot me an email with your account info and I'll help you.

Thanks

Make sure you're logged in at the site before you try and download.

If you're having trouble logging in shoot me an email with your account info and I'll help you.

Thanks

No trouble logging in, but I still get asked to pay

Well I copied and pasted the owners and keepers in another league and it worked so far. I'll try the other league with the auction going on and see what happens with that.

Ok, short of pasting in line by line team names etc. Is there an easy way to import scoring values from 2010?

Ok, short of pasting in line by line team names etc. Is there an easy way to import scoring values from 2010?

Yes, you can copy league scoring from a 2010 version of the Cheatsheet Compiler into this year's version of the CC/DB.

1. Make sure youre 2010 copy of the Cheatsheet Compiler (not draft buddy) is in the same folder as your new 2011 CC/DB.

2. Open up your 2011 CC/DB and go to the "action" tab. At the bottom you'll see the "Copy Rules and Scoring" box. The filename must be input exactly the same. For Mac users, keep both files open at the same time.

3. Hit the "Copy League Settings" button. If you are copying settings from 2010, CC/DB will only copy the active league settings from the 2010 Compiler.

Make sense? Let me know if you have any problems.

:doublethumbsup: not only did it make sense it worked

To move over team and owner names from the buddy, cut and paste or is there an automated way also?

pastin worked just fine :cheers:

Yep, no automated way to copy over owner and team names. Copy (CTRL-C or Command-C) and Paste (CTRL-V or Command-C) are your friend.

possible bug? (it calculates in the original just not once I have imported my scoring from 2010) I imported my scoring however this year we are adding in .5 per 1 reception for RB and WR. I changed the fields as shown below to reflect .5 per 1 reception however it doesn't calculate to the third column (decimal scoring) as a result when I recompile the cheat sheets nothing changes. Shall I just modify the white column (decimal scoring) and defy the page one rules :shocking:

Receptions Rec 0.5 1 0.00

possible bug? (it calculates in the original just not once I have imported my scoring from 2010) I imported my scoring however this year we are adding in .5 per 1 reception for RB and WR. I changed the fields as shown below to reflect .5 per 1 reception however it doesn't calculate to the third column (decimal scoring) as a result when I recompile the cheat sheets nothing changes. Shall I just modify the white column (decimal scoring) and defy the page one rules :shocking:

Receptions Rec 0.5 1 0.00

So there isn't a formula in that third column on your scoring tab? Are there formulas in any of the cells in that column on your scoring tab?

It should be simply the FF Pts cell divided by the Per Unit cell. By all means, put it in if you like.

So there isn't a formula in that third column on your scoring tab? Are there formulas in any of the cells in that column on your scoring tab?

It should be simply the FF Pts cell divided by the Per Unit cell. By all means, put it in if you like.

formula is there in default version but importing my scoring system seems to have wiped out all the formulas.

does it matter if i put back the formula or just put the correct amount in? As long as the third column is correct I don't need the formulas for anything else, right?

That is correct, you can just put the value and the CC/DB won't know the difference. Did you import scoring via MyFFToday or did you copy over settings from the prior year?

Note I just uploaded new files version 2.2 of the CC/DB. See the change in the first post - it only impacts auction drafts, so if you are not in an auction draft then you should just stick with version 2.1.

Note I just uploaded new files version 2.2 of the CC/DB. See the change in the first post - it only impacts auction drafts, so if you are not in an auction draft then you should just stick with version 2.1.

Hi Mike - can you please give a quick explanation of how inflation works and how it should be utilized during an auction draft?

Thanks!

When people spend less on players than the CC/DB originally estimated they would spend, then that means there are now more dollars available across all owners to acquire the remaining players to be drafted. So, the dollar values on the remaining players should be higher. That is the inflation factor.

It can also go the other way, deflation. Usually with keeper leagues it is inflation though, because people wouldn't keep a player at a certain dollar amount unless he was a value at that price.

Similar to the auction Max Bid values in the first place, use the inflation adjusted prices as a guide to make your own bidding decisions. If all the top RBs are going for $50 but the CC/DB was thinking $40 was more reasonable, and now it wants to push those dollar values down a little more, you need to understand whether to jump in and overpay (what was predicted) to ensure you get a top RB or risk waiting and maybe getting a bargain later. But then following this example, other positions could (should) go for lower than originally predicted because owners spent a lot on RBs. There are only so many dollars to go around, and the inflation should help guide this better than the static values we calculated to start the auction.

Auctions really have a flow to them, and the quicker you can pick up the flow the better off you'll be.