• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 torridjoe

torridjoe

FF Geek

• Members
  • 51,828 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:50 PM

When do waivers start? What's the order? I have a claim on a player not yet listed in Yahoo...

#2 posty

FF Geek

• Members
  • 28,851 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:57 PM

When do waivers start? What's the order? I have a claim on a player not yet listed in Yahoo...

There is no waiver time, so any cut player is immediately available to be picked up...

Plus any player that gets added to the database is immediately a free agent, so it would be first come first served...

#3 torridjoe

torridjoe

FF Geek

• Members
  • 51,828 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:13 PM

What happened? I replied, now it's deleted.

#4 posty

FF Geek

• Members
  • 28,851 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

What happened? I replied, now it's deleted.

I deleted it... No reason to keep that player out there in case the other owner(s) falls asleep at the wheel...

But what I said above is the answer as they would be a free agent immediately and then available FCFS...

#5 WhiteWonder

WhiteWonder

FF Geek

• Members
  • 15,839 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

Good chance you'll.get your man

#6 torridjoe

torridjoe

FF Geek

• Members
  • 51,828 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

I deleted it... No reason to keep that player out there in case the other owner(s) falls asleep at the wheel...

But what I said above is the answer as they would be a free agent immediately and then available FCFS...

Ah--I assumed that my stating of interest in claiming him represents my being the first to come, so to speak. That's how I recall we used to do it with players not in Yahoo...you claim them, announce your drop (Joba), and when they come online they're yours.

#7 GuardBum

GuardBum

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

Ah--I assumed that my stating of interest in claiming him represents my being the first to come, so to speak. That's how I recall we used to do it with players not in Yahoo...you claim them, announce your drop (Joba), and when they come online they're yours.

I think that "reservation" only held true to the drafted players. We had to place a "roster hold" using another player until Yahoo updated week 1. I remember I had to do it for someone but can't remember who.
I'm just a nobody, don't mind me.
GBBraves GuardBluem Jays - Homer Baseball

#8 cmh6476

cmh6476

FF Geek

• Members
  • 42,094 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:43 PM

:thumbsup:

i know a couple of you emailed me asking about this

#Royals

#9 torridjoe

torridjoe

FF Geek

• Members
  • 51,828 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:27 PM

I think that "reservation" only held true to the drafted players. We had to place a "roster hold" using another player until Yahoo updated week 1. I remember I had to do it for someone but can't remember who.

That's not my recollection; I seem to remember it being applied during the season as well as new players came up (and Yahoo didn't use to be as prompt getting them into the system, remember all those emails we would send them?), but I certainly could be wrong.

#10 Jim Mora

Jim Mora

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,506 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

I don't remember Jaime Moyer playing for NYY. :unsure:
You tryin' to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?

#11 ZeroTolerance

ZeroTolerance

FF Geek

• Members
  • 12,313 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

I don't remember Jaime Moyer playing for NYY. :unsure:

Cubs, Rangers, Cardinals, Orioles, Red Sox, Mariners, Phillies
Is 'normal' normal if everyone is abnormal?

Common sense isn't very common.

The Detroit Lions: Built Ford Stupid Wait, what!? There, that is more like it.