Sign in to follow this  
nikki2200

Married Geeks: Have you ever cheated on your spouse?

63 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever cheated on your spouse?

• Yes
    • No
    • I've never been married

Some people seemed to be giving kilroy some crapola about sleeping with married women. However in my experience a LOT of married men and women cheat. I worked in consulting for a long time where you are basically dealing with a bunch of people that were on the road Mon-Fri every week. And there is a lot of drinking. And there is a lot of cheating going on by both men and women. The people that you would least expect it that seem like good ole family people have an indiscretion or two. I've also seen various anonymous poles in Cosmo and such that have said somewhere around 60% of men and 40% of women have cheated on their spouses.

So fess up... it's an anonymous pole. Let's see where the geeks fall on this matter.

Define pole?

Yeah if I knew it was a POLE I'd stay far far away...... :shocking:

Some people seemed to be giving kilroy some crapola about sleeping with married women. However in my experience a LOT of married men and women cheat.

ergo? :unsure:

I think I know how you two would vote if you had the balls to do it...

Then why vote ?

ergo? :unsure:

Naomi... I'm not sure what you meant here... But working at a bunch of different companies (because I am a consultant and move around a lot) I can off the top of my head think of DOZENS of examples of married people having affairs with other people at work. From two people going off into a conference room during the day to get it on, to getting drunk and going home together while on the road away from home. I have had married girlfriends at work telling me about sleeping with married guys; single girlfriends getting into affairs with married men; I have seen it happen with my own eyes even if they wouldn't admit it; I have been hit on by too many married men to even count.

It may be one of the things that has discouraged me from getting married until I found someone I was sure was not going to do it. But based on my experience... it's everywhere and happens all the freaking time.

No. I've had significant others cheat on me, and I think it is a sh!tty thing to do. If you aren't happy with the relationship, end it like an adult, not an adulterer. All these selfish BS excuses don't cut it, nor does being under the influence.

That being said, I realize it is very difficult to resist. I had an ex visit once (before I was married) who starting kissing me and I had to put the brakes. I was able to do so, but it made me realize the best way to avoid cheating is to eliminate/minimize the temptation.

eliminate/minimize the temptation.

OK Jesus

OK Jesus

I'm gonna go with penny on this one darling. It is not impossible to avoid cheating. What it takes is 100% dedication to the relationship and understanding that you are in it for life. And like I said... it's why I haven't gotten married yet... Because I always asked myself 1. Do you think you can go the rest of your life without cheating on him? And 2. Do you think he will go the rest of his life without cheating on you?

I think I was seriously tainted in my early 20s by seeing what was happening around me and it made marriage scare the hell out of me because I didn't want to get into something that wasn't going to be 100% commitment forever. As I am older now, I feel a lot more comfortable doing that.

I am a jackass. It's called self control.

:lol:

I'm gonna go with penny on this one darling. It is not impossible to avoid cheating. What it takes is 100% dedication to the relationship and understanding that you are in it for life. And like I said... it's why I haven't gotten married yet... Because I always asked myself 1. Do you think you can go the rest of your life without cheating on him? And 2. Do you think he will go the rest of his life without cheating on you?

I think I was seriously tainted in my early 20s by seeing what was happening around me and it made marriage scare the hell out of me because I didn't want to get into something that wasn't going to be 100% commitment forever. As I am older now, I feel a lot more comfortable doing that.

Thanks Nikki. The whole attitude that we (especially men) are helpless to control our base desires is BS. I'm sure many who live this way will find themselves in empty relationships, which is fine, but it's not OK when the other half of the partnership is trying to do the right thing.

I'm gonna go with penny on this one darling. It is not impossible to avoid cheating.

Didn't say it was -

So next time a married broad hits on Kilroy the best advise is what would penultimatestraw do (or WWPD)

(I know he is technically not cheating - he is the slut)

Clever. Do married chicks find cirrhotics attractive?

Let me Google that and I'll get back to you :wave:

Didn't say it was -

So next time a married broad hits on Kilroy the best advise is what would penultimatestraw do (or WWPD)

You were making fun of penultimatestraw for saying the best thing to do was to eliminate/minimize the temptation to cheat. Why was that funny to you and why did that make him "Jesus" to say such a thing? Just because you've been unable to do it doesn't mean that it is a god-like feat to be able to not cheat on your spouse. :dunno:

Thanks Nikki. The whole attitude that we (especially men) are helpless to control our base desires is BS. I'm sure many who live this way will find themselves in empty relationships, which is fine, but it's not OK when the other half of the partnership is trying to do the right thing.

I think I finally found a man who I know for 100% would never cheat. He is a good man. He doesn't care about stupid bullshiit like spreading his sperm around and bragging about the hot chicks he's banged. He is a good family man. It's made me believe they actually do exist and I'm glad I waited. :D

I think I finally found a man who I know for 100% would never cheat. He is a good man. He doesn't care about stupid bullshiit like spreading his sperm around and bragging about the hot chicks he's banged. He is a good family man. It's made me believe they actually do exist and I'm glad I waited. :D

They exist, I assure you.

They exist, I assure you.

For some reason I was always attracted to the major dooshbags. And this one kinda fell upon me and for the first time in a relationship I was like... OK... they don't all suck. :D

Can I be dumb and tell a little story about the type of guy my boyfriend is? A while ago bad tornadoes hit the area he lived in. There was a family where the mom, dad, and son were killed by the tornado. There was a 5 year old girl who survived this family. He heard through mutual friends that the little girl was crying for her teddy bear in the hospital (he didn't know the family). Their house had been completely blown away. He went out in the woods and searched around and found her teddy bear and gave it to his friends to bring to the little girl.

So yea... when you say they exist... I know they do. Now I know. :D

Didn't say it was -

De-escalate the flirtation - don't flirt back. Have a sober anti-wingman if you intend on getting drunk and can't control your impulses. Don't put your cack in her bagina, or any hole for that matter.

Listen I have as many opportunities as the next guy, and somehow I have managed to avoid cheating. Think about the emotional pain you are inflicting on their spouse/family before you do it at least. Also think how you would feel if someone you cared for did it to you.

You were making fun of penultimatestraw for saying the best thing to do was to eliminate/minimize the temptation to cheat. Why was that funny to you and why did that make him "Jesus" to say such a thing?

My bad I thought it was a line from the lords prayer - but it is Lead us not into temptation

Our Father in heaven,

hallowed be your name.

Your kingdom come,

your will be done,

on earth as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread,

and forgive us our debts,

as we also have forgiven our debtors.

And lead us not into temptation,

but deliver us from evil

Just because you've been unable to do it

Link ?

Assume much ?

For some reason I was always attracted to the major dooshbags. And this one kinda fell upon me and for the first time in a relationship I was like... OK... they don't all suck. :D

Can I be dumb and tell a little story about the type of guy my boyfriend is? A while ago bad tornadoes hit the area he lived in. There was a family where the mom, dad, and son were killed by the tornado. There was a 5 year old girl who survived this family. He heard through mutual friends that the little girl was crying for her teddy bear in the hospital (he didn't know the family). Their house had been completely blown away. He went out in the woods and searched around and found her teddy bear and gave it to his friends to bring to the little girl.

So yea... when you say they exist... I know they do. Now I know. :D

I hope the nurse wasn't hot :unsure:

My bad I thought it was a line from the lords prayer - but it is Lead us not into temptation

Our Father in heaven,

hallowed be your name.

Your kingdom come,

your will be done,

on earth as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread,

and forgive us our debts,

as we also have forgiven our debtors.

And lead us not into temptation,

but deliver us from evil

Link ?

Assume much ?

Never said a prayer in my life. Some people don't need an instruction book to do the right thing.

I love stories like that - tell him I said :wave: - Took no credit for it as well :pointstosky:

He may still cheat on you if a certain Bengals cheerleader comes knocking
:unsure:

Never said a prayer in my life. Some people don't need an instruction book to do the right thing.

Me neither but the line rang a bell - but the wrong bell as it turns out.

Naomi... I'm not sure what you meant here... But working at a bunch of different companies (because I am a consultant and move around a lot) I can off the top of my head think of DOZENS of examples of married people having affairs with other people at work. From two people going off into a conference room during the day to get it on, to getting drunk and going home together while on the road away from home. I have had married girlfriends at work telling me about sleeping with married guys; single girlfriends getting into affairs with married men; I have seen it happen with my own eyes even if they wouldn't admit it; I have been hit on by too many married men to even count.

It may be one of the things that has discouraged me from getting married until I found someone I was sure was not going to do it. But based on my experience... it's everywhere and happens all the freaking time.

I wasn't sure if your point was that since so many people cheat on their spouses, someone is likely being a hypocrite for getting on kilroy.

Or if it was along the lines that it's alright because it's so common.

I wasn't sure if your point was that since so many people cheat on their spouses, someone is likely being a hypocrite for getting on kilroy.

I was sorta calling them out as likely hypocrites. ;)

I was not sure what you meant then but this clarifies it

:nono:

But it is OK since I :wub: you and want to cheat on my wife with you <_<

Gocolts?

Gocolts?

I looked at the clock and said to myself time to go to sleep - no neck will be posting soon ... WaaLaa

I looked at the clock and said to myself time to go to sleep - no neck will be posting soon ... WaaLaa

Could you hurry up ?

I was sorta calling them out as likely hypocrites. ;)

I thought we were supposed to bust each others balls no matter what around here. :unsure:

I've only been married 4 years, so the answer is no, but the temptation isn't there much either.

:lol:

:nono:

:cheers:

:doh:

I think i touched on this before in the "Get to know your fellow geek" or whatever threads we did......but yes i unfortunately did.

She had some depression issues i did not handle well, or understood well enough and made some poor decisions.

And let me tell you fellas who havent or are thinking about it.....its horrific if you get caught. First off....you have now split your friends that are couples, and most of them are not going to side with you. I still talk to a couple of the guys on phone only, but im basically the plague.

If you are in a small town like i was....everyone knew. I was also a director at a Y...so everyone there knew. So it was tough to be this role model for kid and families, when i had just been busted cheating on my wife who was well known, religous, etc.

Work became impossible to stay at. I essentially left town and moved and found a different job.

So in a matter of months i went from good job, wife, great house, and a community i liked being in...to packing up, moving out of town, looking for work and in a crappy apartment. So no...not nearly even remotely worth it at all.

Took probably 2 and half years to get past things, forgive myself a little and move on....

Now it ended up working out ok....my SO is great, and we have a beautiful daughter and like i mentioned before are closing on a house that we'll be in, in July.

But.....its taken 4 years to get back to this point.

Not saying that to get pity...it was my doing...100% my fault. Ive paid for it and then some.....just trying to give you fellas and gals thinking about it a heads up. They always talk about how devastating it is to the person who got cheated on, but unless you are a complete ahole...its pretty rough for the person who did it too......

(stepping off soapbox)

It's really not that difficult to remain faithful. You just don't go out looking for it.

I don't hang out with other women socially other than couples with my wife, because first it's let's go out to lunch, then, let's go to happy hour after work, then hey, we can see a movie together, it's no big deal, then the sneaking around begins, then you cheat. I don't want to have to say no when my pants are around my ankles, it's much easier to never be in the position to have to say no.