Photo

Made 2 big trades -- did I upgrade or degrade my team?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 The Moz

The Moz

FF Geek

• Members
  • 26,824 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:41 PM

drafted team
themoz
Tom Brady
Andre Johnson
AJ Green
Jordy Nelson
Vincent Jackson
Roy Helu Jr
Mark Ingram
Sidney Rice
Ryan Williams
LaGarette Blount
Rashad Jennings
Andy Dalton
Rashard Mendenhall
Martellus Bennett
LaMichael James
Taiwan Jones
New England Defense
Olindo Mare

traded Brady, Helu , A. Johnson , J. Nelson , AJ Green for Cam Newton ,R. Rice , Megatron , Collie , and V. Brown

#2 Portis26

Portis26

FF Geek

• Members
  • 8,112 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:27 PM

Degrade -IMO

#3 MTSkiBum

MTSkiBum

FF Geek

• Members
  • 7,648 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:35 PM

I traded him:

Ray Rice, Austin Collie, and Vincent Brown

for

Andre Johnson, Jordy Nelson, and Roy Helu

Jordy Nelson should make a pretty good WR #4.
Steeler's Fan

#4 robb

robb

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:02 PM

I traded him:

for

Moz:
I think you got the better end of the deal. UPGRADE!

#5 jgcrawfish

jgcrawfish

FF Geek

• Members
  • 12,322 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:00 AM

I traded him:

for

Ok, but Moz indicated the following:

traded Brady, Helu , A. Johnson , J. Nelson , AJ Green for Cam Newton ,R. Rice , Megatron , Collie , and V. Brown

Your post is missing Brady/Green on his part and Newton/Calvin for your part? So can we assume that Moz made a separate trade with someone else involving those missing pieces?

I think it really depends on what the total team looks like afterward. Also depends on the lineups/number of starters at each position. From a pure trade standpoint, I think MtSkiBum got the better end of the bargain just considering the players involved. However, Moz's addressed the hole in his lineup and his team may be better than it was before, which is the purpose of the trade. He was light in the RB department due to the injuries to Ryan Williams and Mendenhall and sudden competition for LeGarrett Blount. Getting Ray Rice softens those blows a bit. If Mendenhall and Williams come back healthy at some point this season, a weakness becomes a strength. However, an absolutely KILLER PPR WR core that was Andre Johnson/AJ Green/Jordy Nelson/Vincent Jackson/Sidney Rice is now downgraded to (if I understand properly) Calvin Johnson/Vincent Jackson/Sidney Rice/Austin Collie/Vincent Brown. That's a pretty big drop off. I personally would have probably made one of the trades involving the WR, but not both.

MTSkiBum, post your full roster and roster requirements, por favor.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

#6 MTSkiBum

MTSkiBum

FF Geek

• Members
  • 7,648 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:51 AM

Starting requirements are

QB:1
RB:1
WR:3
TE:1
DEF:1
Flex:2

PPR league

My team after the trade
Quarterback
Rivers, Philip
Running Back
Richardson, Trent
Wide Receivers
Johnson, Andre
Jones, Julio
Austin, Miles
Tight End
Finley, Jermichael
Flex
Nelson, Jordy
Helu, Roy

Defense

Steelers, Pittsburgh

Bench
Bradford, Sam
Schaub, Matt
Bush, Michael
Powell, Bilal
Scott, Bernard
Williams, DeAngelo
Moore, Lance NOS WR
Daniels, Owen HOU TE
Steeler's Fan

#7 Larry David

Larry David

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:01 AM

Your post is missing Brady/Green on his part and Newton/Calvin for your part? So can we assume that Moz made a separate trade with someone else involving those missing pieces?

I didn't understand that either.

If 10 players are involved in a trade, it's more of a team swap than a blockbuster trade. So the question isn't, "Did I upgrade my team?", it's "How does my new team look?" That being said, Brady vs. Newton look like a wash on paper. Rice is a enormous updgrade over Helu but I think the Johnson/Nelson/Green vs. Megatron/Collie/Brown tips the scale overall in favor of The Moz.

#8 The Moz

The Moz

FF Geek

• Members
  • 26,824 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:20 AM

Ok, but Moz indicated the following:

I think it really depends on what the total team looks like afterward. Also depends on the lineups/number of starters at each position. From a pure trade standpoint, I think MtSkiBum got the better end of the bargain just considering the players involved. However, Moz's addressed the hole in his lineup and his team may be better than it was before, which is the purpose of the trade. He was light in the RB department due to the injuries to Ryan Williams and Mendenhall and sudden competition for LeGarrett Blount. Getting Ray Rice softens those blows a bit. If Mendenhall and Williams come back healthy at some point this season, a weakness becomes a strength. However, an absolutely KILLER PPR WR core that was Andre Johnson/AJ Green/Jordy Nelson/Vincent Jackson/Sidney Rice is now downgraded to (if I understand properly) Calvin Johnson/Vincent Jackson/Sidney Rice/Austin Collie/Vincent Brown. That's a pretty big drop off. I personally would have probably made one of the trades involving the WR, but not both.

MTSkiBum, post your full roster and roster requirements, por favor.

I liked my deal trading Brady and AJ Green for Cam and Megatron the best.

my deal with Ski Jordy, AJ, Helu for Rice , VBrown , Collie -- I needed a RB and Rice is the best PPR rb in FF. AJ is always injured and Jordy isn't a great PPR guy - he's a TD guy. Collie has a good chance at being the #1 WR on Indy with Luck and V Brown a nice chance at beating out Royal for the slot or even out wide depending on camp. Watching VBrown I think he's the best WR they have. I view this trade as even as we both got what we wanted -- though not sure Ski needed to move Rice for some reason he wanted to badly.

#9 jgcrawfish

jgcrawfish

FF Geek

• Members
  • 12,322 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:18 AM

I liked my deal trading Brady and AJ Green for Cam and Megatron the best.

my deal with Ski Jordy, AJ, Helu for Rice , VBrown , Collie -- I needed a RB and Rice is the best PPR rb in FF. AJ is always injured and Jordy isn't a great PPR guy - he's a TD guy. Collie has a good chance at being the #1 WR on Indy with Luck and V Brown a nice chance at beating out Royal for the slot or even out wide depending on camp. Watching VBrown I think he's the best WR they have. I view this trade as even as we both got what we wanted -- though not sure Ski needed to move Rice for some reason he wanted to badly.

Ok, understand now that the Brady-Newton thing was a separate deal. I'm with you, I don't think Jordy can sustain what he did last year. I personally expect him to get more catches but less big plays now that he's a more known threat on the Packers. Brown may be the lynchpin in this whole thing as he may end up being the top reception guy on the Chargers roster.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

#10 WhiteWonder

WhiteWonder

FF Geek

• Members
  • 13,782 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

I didn't understand that either.

If 10 players are involved in a trade, it's more of a team swap than a blockbuster trade. So the question isn't, "Did I upgrade my team?", it's "How does my new team look?" That being said, Brady vs. Newton look like a wash on paper. Rice is a enormous updgrade over Helu but I think the Johnson/Nelson/Green vs. Megatron/Collie/Brown tips the scale overall in favor of The Moz.

if you would read the title of the thread you would see it was 2 separate trades. not a team swap at all :doh:

#11 Gepetto

Gepetto

FF Geek

• Members
  • 12,705 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:30 PM

I think Moz hurt his team. He now has to start Sidney Rice and LaGarrett Blount.

12 Team PPR League - Champion
Championship lineup: Foles, Adrian Peterson, E Lacy, Moreno, Josh Gordon, Demaryius Thomas, Crabtree, V Davis, Crosby, Bears D
bench: Romo, R Mathews, Gerhart, Starks, C Patterson, Jordy Nelson, R Cooper, Gates, Blackmon

Auction 8 Team PPR League - 2nd place
Championship lineup: Luck, Tannehill, E Lacy, D Murray, R Mathews, Demaryius Thomas, Josh Gordon, D Jackson, Jordy Nelson, Fleener, Clay, Walsh, Tucker, B Wagner, Dolphins D, Lions D
bench: RGIII, L Miller, Starks, Cruz, R Cooper, T Austin, V Miller, Panthers D, D Wilson