Sign in to follow this  
Mike MacGregor

Annoucement: Projection Pal 2012 Now Available

Projection Pal is now available. I just posted the download link in our Download Area, so Draft Buddy customers can login with their same username and password as used to access the Compiler, and go and download Pal.

I had more changes to make to it than usual, primarily because of the added rushing projections for WR and TE positions. Otherwise it works the same as in the past. Please make sure to check the instructions on the setup tab to help understand using Projection Pal. It is not the easiest tool in the world to use - I understand that - but there is only so much automating we can do to pull stats or projections or other data off of (too many to count) different websites to import that data into Draft Buddy.

You may need to do some additional cleansing of the data to get it to import properly. If you are not proficient in Excel, this may be too frustrating a process, and you ultimately need to decide if the time spent importing projections is worth it versus using the default FF Today projections included in Draft Buddy (and updated frequently per our schedule). I'm not trying to steer you away from Pal, as it does work quite well once you've got the hang of it, but I do want to point out the pros and cons.

In terms of tutorials, here is an old one from the baseball version (it works the same way):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6Eb3-kAN-Q&feature=plcp

I thought I had a football one from last year but I can't seem to find it. My screencast software trial ran out, but I'll see if I can work up another one if time allows. Feel free to post questions here if you get stuck using Pal.

Had an issue this morning with Projection Pal. On the tabs for RB Raw, WR Raw, and TE Raw, after clicking on "Copy to Compiler" I am experiencing that the copied data is being copied over Columns CJ thru CU, instead of DY thru EJ on Draft Buddy. The compiler function for QB, K, and Team Def is working properly. I have been able to work around this issue by copying and pasting the data into a back-up of my Draft Buddy file.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll look into it, and it will likely mean a new file to download. I'm guessing since I added columns to each of the RB, WR and TE tabs in Draft Buddy, I neglected to update the proper references in Projection Pal.

Just uploaded Projection Pal 1.1, which fixes the issues Ditka identified importing for the RB, WR and TE positions. If you already have 1.0, download 1.1 and work with it going forward.