• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 fantasy master

fantasy master

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

What top 10 player at any position will you not draft no matter how far they fall? I'm going with AP, as much as I am an AP fan it's just too much of a risk with his injury being so late in the season last year.

#2 giraldi02

giraldi02

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

Maurice Jones-Drew. I don't see an end to his contract situation and if this holdout extends deep into training camp with a lot of new pieces on offense, I'd expect a repeat of CJIII last year.

#3 Vikings4ever

Vikings4ever

FF Geek

• Members
  • 36,322 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

MoJo and Michael Vick
People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

#4 Criper

Criper

FF Geek

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

I'm not drafting AP either, but if he (or anyone for that matter) fell far enough I would draft them, even if I didn't like the player. Other top guys I am not drafting this year include Welker, Brees, and Cam because I think you'll get shortchanged on the investment.
I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play. ~ Jack Lambert

#5 stonewall

stonewall

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:22 PM

Tom Brady. He is a fantasy stud, but he is the one guy in the league that I draw the line on. I have never owned him and won't. He is a knob, and I cannot bear to wish him well.

I feel my football knowledge is vastly superior to my opponents. I also am just in general, a smarter person. These two things should allow me a huge advantage. But I've yet to be truly dominant.

#6 fantasy master

fantasy master

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

Tom Brady. He is a fantasy stud, but he is the one guy in the league that I draw the line on. I have never owned him and won't. He is a knob, and I cannot bear to wish him well.

So u must be a sorry ass Jets fan?

#7 stonewall

stonewall

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:00 PM

So u must be a sorry ass Jets fan?

Sorry a**....probably. Jets fan....hardly.

Right below Brady in my disdain would likely be a certain coach with a foot fetish.

I am a NFL guy and have no team loyalty except to my FF teams.

I feel my football knowledge is vastly superior to my opponents. I also am just in general, a smarter person. These two things should allow me a huge advantage. But I've yet to be truly dominant.

#8 browns16-0

browns16-0

FF Geek

• Members
  • 898 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

Players I won't draft in the top 10
-Fitzgerald
-T-Rich
-Graham
-Gronk
-Forte
-Brady
-Brees
-Peterson

Not to say I don't like these players, and if they are around in the 2nd rd I would most likely grab them, but these are who I see worthy of a top 10 pick:
1.Foster
2.Rice
3.McCoy
4.Calvin Johnson
5.Mathews
6.Chris Johnson
7.Rodgers
8.MJD
9.McFadden
10.Murray?

#9 ralphster

ralphster

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:14 AM

DND for me right now:

MJD - ugly holdout looming
AP - horrific late season injury
Dez Bryant - superior talent and head problems to match
CJ2K - He killed me last year. I'd take him in the 3rd, but not earlier.
J. Finley - Same as CJ, though I'd take him in the 7th.
“When I played pro football, I never set out to hurt anyone deliberately - unless it was, you know, important, like a league game or something” ~ D. Butkus

#10 Frozenbeernuts

Frozenbeernuts

FF Geek

• Members
  • 8,680 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:45 AM

Sorry a**....probably. Jets fan....hardly.

Right below Brady in my disdain would likely be a certain coach with a foot fetish.

I am a NFL guy and have no team loyalty except to my FF teams.

I have been trying to get my roommate to play ffball for a few years now but he will not because of his DND list. His list includes the ravens, patriots, any nfc north team not named the bears, Eli manning, and I'm sure I'm missing a few but you get the point. He says he couldn't root for any player that was going against the bears or any player that was on a team that could in any way hurt the beats chances off making the playoffs.. I keep telling him he doesn't have to root for the players but just use his football knowledge to put together the best possible roster and take pride in that.

My DND for their current adp is
Aj green
Cam
Trich
Mjd
Charles
Ap

#11 Tomidius

Tomidius

FF Geek

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:56 AM

I have been trying to get my roommate to play ffball for a few years now but he will not because of his DND list. His list includes the ravens, patriots, any nfc north team not named the bears, Eli manning, and I'm sure I'm missing a few but you get the point. He says he couldn't root for any player that was going against the bears or any player that was on a team that could in any way hurt the beats chances off making the playoffs.. I keep telling him he doesn't have to root for the players but just use his football knowledge to put together the best possible roster and take pride in that.

My DND for their current adp is
Aj green
Cam
Trich
Mjd
Charles
Ap

Dont have to cheer for them in Fantasy football, They are gonna score what they are gonna score and you cant do anything about it!!