Sign in to follow this  
NPNG

Wide Receivers worth a shot.....

I would bet many owners are looking for WR help this week with the likes of Brown, Bryant, Cooks, Beckham, etc. all sitting on a bye. Who are some receivers who might be available that could fill in and do a creditable job? I look at guys like DGB, Funchess, Givens, among others to step in at a #3 spot and contribute. Anyone else?

I have Beckham and Benjamin on byes this week, and just lost Edelman. I picked up Crowder and Baldwin. I also considered Terrance Williams with Romo back.

Ty Montgomery practiced in full today

If I had seen film like this on Adams, I would not have been high on him, at all. He seems like a JAG who isn't good for, well, anything (unfair contrast with Sammy Watkins aside).

Has anyone seen Montgomery? I barely want Adams on my roster now; I liked him previously because of his target totals when healthy.

• Like 1

Lafell .

Amendola, LaFell, Chris Givens, Doug Baldwin, Leonard Hankerson, Cecil Shorts...Most of those guys are available and could do in a pinch.

Its about the targets for me..Crowder is the one to own in this discussion..if available of course.

Many of these guys aren't available in my league, as it is a competitive 14-team league. I have DGB and Funchess on my roster but wasn't much on the waiver wire. Hoping Green-Beckham picks it up a bit with the Titans down 2 receivers. I also have A. Robinson so I'm hoping for a shootout.

Here's a longshot for this week, but if you're desperate it might be worth taking a flyer on Cody Latimer from the Broncos against the Bears. Brock Osweiler and he have been hooking up in practice all year and have developed a nice chemistry. He got six targets after Manning went out of the game. Here in Denver he was talked about in the preseason as potentially being a big sleeper, but it never materialized. I think he has a chance to get a lot of looks, especially if Sanders is out. Again, this is a recommendation for a super deep league with very thin waiver options - but if you're even considering this, you probably aren't doing that great on the year, so what the heck!

With the byes I am flexing Jacob Tamme at TE. I feel he will get some passes his way and more of a threat then just guessing on players that are discussed with " maybe this is his week."

I'd throw out Devin Funchess in Carolina.

Philly Brown isn't playing in all probability, and Ted Ginn couldn't catch a cold in a driving blizzard. The Redskins secondary can definitely be had.

Inman or Aiken?

I think Aiken is safer....#1 WR on that team currently

Don't like the matchup Aikmen vs the Rams secondary .

Put me down as another vote for C Givens WR Balt as someone that could have a good day. Running game has stalled and Flacco might end up with 40-45 passes thrown. Although Aiken is the # 1, would not surprise me at all if Givens goes for close to 7/80 and a score against his old team.

Like ebron over crockett?

Ive been going back and forth on that

Every place lists Ebron as the TE play of the week. The Raiders were the worst in the NFL in stopping TE's. I think they have improved slightly. 10 TE TD's is a lot to have allowed. I would def start Ebron

Someone else mentioned Jaron Brown. What do y'all know about him? I've got Floyd and picked him up. If Floyd out then I'm looking at having to start lafell and amendola and I'd rather not have to do that

Someone else mentioned Jaron Brown. What do y'all know about him? I've got Floyd and picked him up. If Floyd out then I'm looking at having to start lafell and amendola and I'd rather not have to do that

I did. jaron came in for Floyd and caught several passes last week. he's been around a while and appears to have palmers trust. he's not a big play guy but could easily get 7-8 catches in this offense. Esp with Pac man out.

I think Keshawn Martin slips into the Edleman role, Pats traded for him Sept. 17, coaches praised his ability before his hammy injury and Brady mentioned him Monday as a player to be more involved....solid fit for the slot & outside with his overall athletic talent......sneaky pickup could turn into a late season steal with Brady's pass happy attack........

• Like 1

I think Keshawn Martin slips into the Edleman role, Pats traded for him Sept. 17, coaches praised his ability before his hammy injury and Brady mentioned him Monday as a player to be more involved....solid fit for the slot & outside with his overall athletic talent......sneaky pickup could turn into a late season steal with Brady's pass happy attack........

question is, does anyone have the balls to sign him and play him this week?

question is, does anyone have the balls to sign him and play him this week?

no. we will react accordingly but someone here will claim to have used him if he goes off.

• Like 1

I wonder if Rams WRs now have some value with Keenum as QB? Britt, Cook, Quick? Great match up today vs. lowly Ravens defense.