Sign in to follow this  
Strumey

Cap room trade rule...PLEASE RESPOND ASAP.

I just want to get a final consensus on the trading cap room for future years rule. Apparanty, there are several people who dont think this is a very good idea. I am putting it up to a league vote, so vote now.

For = ability to trade cap room for future years

Against = cannot trade cap room for future years.

if you vote against, you would be able to trade cap room for an upcoming season the day after the league Superbowl of the previous season.

I vote against, just because I see too many potential difficulties, one of which was illustrated in the bogus trade with the gators; another as Scott mentioned, is what if someone drops out of the league after making a future cap money trade.against

The Beach Slappers (aka Jack's Inflamed Colon) votes:

AGAINST!

Too many temptations to tank this year, and shoot for next.

I vote for. We already rectified this situation by changing the way we trade. Anyone can challenge a trade on any grounds they wish. So why get rid of something if we can always rule against it? For fear of that player leaving and not facing the music? That is crap. Someone could sign 16 players to multi year deals and then leave.....wouldn't that be worse? Think through this issue before you vote.

This of course, is the libertarian in me. I wish for nothing to be censored on any grounds. Free speech, free press, free trading of future cap room.

If you must, get the money up front.

I would like to auction M. Harrison to the highest bidder- whoever offers the most cap room for next year can have him. Why shouldn't this be legal? Harrison could put someone over the top this season, but hinder them greatly next. Plus, it would improve my chances for next season as this season may be lost. Why not give me that opportunity?

Let's say for argument sake one needs to leverage a season to be competitive. It happens all the time in the real world. They call it re-building. What if Martin had Shaun Alexander, and Priest Holmes signed for a $1 for 7 years? He would be tough to beat. This hasn't happened yet, but teams are getting more and more savvy. Crawgators, has the makings, with Barlow and Portis, and soon someone will simply dominate under the given guidelines. I would gladly see the big picture and give away all that I have of value, for future returns in hopes of winning a later battle.

My fear is people are ignoring the possibility of enterprise and the rewards to those that risk it. If you want, I would offer pre-paying for all future seasons in which future cap money is involved. If the only issue is trusting whether or not a guy will be around to pay up then check yourself, because I know the boys from CMA are full of honor, and after dealing with Scott E. and Scott H, Jacob D, and David K. these guys are too full of integrity once you get to know them. I know that most of us in this league are standup guys. The new guys- Crawgators- are rather intelligent and can only be stand up guys as they have denied every offer I have attempted there way.

I give you one last argument. What is worse?

Me trading cap dollars and leaving or The Chandler leaivng?

Guy has 2 spots for $71 on his roster. Is someone supposed to buy in if he leaves or does the roster go back to the free agent pool? Didn't those 14 players affect us all? I think the fear of guys leaving should affect us more than just trading future cap dollars.

Your vote sets the groundwork for this league and many more. And don't forget, any TRADE, ANY TRADE, can be challenged. Shouldn't this be enough to police future dealings?

the fReak

[ 11-04-2002: Message edited by: Superfreaks ]

Crawgators...

are FOR the ability to trade cap room for future years.

As long as terms of any trade are clearly defined (already addressed), teams should have the ability to trade for the future.

Crawgators...

are FOR the ability to trade cap room for future years.

As long as terms of any trade are clearly defined (already addressed), teams should have the ability to trade for the future.

Slut Bun Wallas are FOR trading future cap dollars

[ 11-05-2002: Message edited by: J-bob ]

Currently 3 for and 3 against

FOR, not fore as in when Martin hits a golf ball. Managing your team counts for the future, isnt that why we can sign for multiple years? Sometimes you just gotta plan ahead.

For. If someone were to trade future cash dollars and not stay in the league, we don't want him in the league anyhow. I'm glad that I can help make one decision that affects the league this year....

It looks like the vot is 5-4 in favor of allowing trades for future cap room. For those who voted against it, please take comfort in knowing that you can challenge any trade.

Personally, I am interested to see how this pans out. I know that I would be very reluctant to give up future cap $$$.

Also, I do need to insert one condition for all trades. There will be no trades allowed between the roster posting deadline of the last regular season game, and the end of the league superbowl. Your roster must stay intact for the playoffs.

Originally posted by Superfreaks:

This of course, is the libertarian in me. I wish for nothing to be censored on any grounds. Free speech, free press, free trading of future cap room.  

I give you one last argument. What is worse?

Me trading cap dollars and leaving or The Chandler leaivng?

Guy has 2 spots for $71 on his roster. Is someone supposed to buy in if he leaves or does the roster go back to the free agent pool? Didn't those 14 players affect us all? I think the fear of guys leaving should affect us more than just trading future cap dollars.  

Your vote sets the groundwork for this league and many more. And don't forget, any TRADE, ANY TRADE, can be challenged. Shouldn't this be enough to police future dealings?

the fReak

[ 11-04-2002: Message edited by: Superfreaks ]

First of all have we voted on challenging trades or is this just something that J-Bob pulled out of his ass? Do we really want others to be able to veto a fair trade that might benefit 2 members of the league, but possibly could hinder some of the others by the added strength? For example, Team might have 4 great WRs and another team may have 4 great RBs and they trade a couple WRs for RBs, which would help both teams, making them more competitivein their divisions. Others afraid that this might make them too strong could veto. What happens to the Libertatian's right to free trade then?

Now what is worse than if I left, having most of my team protected and having $71 in cap money or The Freak giving his cap money to another team and them leaving? If I left and someone took over my team as is, or if the players all went back into the draft pool and the new owner started from scratch, I don't think it would be as damaging to the other owners as the owner with the extra cap money they're bidding against.

If someone wants to challenge the trade, the challenge goes to the commish first. If the commish sees reasonable grounds the challenge, the commish will put it to a vote. The commish reserves the right to reject erroneous challenges.

If a team leaves the league (I dont think anyone is planning on doing that any time soon) I would look for a new owner to take over the team as is. If that is not possible because the team is sooooo unattractive, I would take over that team and try to get an owner for mine. Basically, it is my responsibility as commish to get the team purchased by someone else.

As it is with most rules, there are ways to try and exploit them. I think everyone in this league likes being here enough that they would not try to blatantly do something to hurt the league. With that said, I trade David Carr to Beach Slappers for 100 of cap room next year. :rolleyes:

Just for the record none of the CMA boys are ever going to walk from this league. So let's never even attempt to argue that again. So when making examples, don't say the Freak trading future cap dollars is worse than if someone with a full roster left.

If you want to argue pick out some that might hypothetically leave this league, because none of the boys I know will ever walk from a challenge! I hope and pray that others who hear me, respect what I am saying here.

I am not lashing out at the The Chandler, this guy didn't mean to make a point that I might leave, I realize that, he was pointing out the lesser of two evils and I agree as Bad dude does, with his point, just not using me as a reference of a punk a$$ fool that might walk after doing a monster deal.

the fReak

Never is a long time.....

I'll be here (at least) til I win...which at this rate could be forever.....

The Slappers will 'slap' Martin silly this week (in both leagues)!!!!!!!!!!

OUT!!!

That wouldn't surprise me, you win this thing and then run with the money, as you know you could never repeat!

Seriously though, never is a long time and I realize what I am saying. Just like a bond or vow with your love one, until death do us part!

Now can I kiss Martin!?

start the homo geek cma dork references here: