Sign in to follow this  
Blitzen

So let's hear it...

The two moves I would like to take back are picking Bradley too early (panicked a little during an OF run) and taking Williams instead of prospecting for additional saves. I couldn't stand seeing Williams still there that late in the fraft.

As far as my team goes, I really need for Bonds to come back pretty quick (or for Kearns to get hot and Pena to be traded from CINC) and for Tsao to stay on as the COL closer. Wouldn't mind Hairston getting regular PT eventually as well.

I think I can compete...my SPs can't possibly be worse than they were at the beginning of last year when they would consistently put up 6 or 7 runs each and every game. Only took a few weeks to put me totally out of contention on the pitching side.

BRING IT ON BABY!! ;) :headbanger: :thumbsup:

I'm very happy with my team. I think it has all the parts, its just a matter of injuries now. I'm happy with its depth, but I do have a bunch of injury prone players...

Last year I made the big mistake of punting saves, with only Jason Isringhausen on my roster. (scratching my head as to why I didn't unload him for a draft pick at some point).

Starting Pitching has always been my stength (Prior, Wood, and Schilling), but I got rid of Wood and Prior and Schilling is older than dirt. I need to stay mid pack or above and I feel like I got some pretty good starters to rotate in. if Penny overcomes his biceps injury, I would be a lot more confident.

I am thrilled with my relief pitchers and think I should lock up an 11. Foulke, Benitez, Looper, and Adams should be good for 25-35 saves apiece.

I think my real strength is going to be my hitting. I don't have my steals spread out, but I do have Carl Crawford. That should be good enough for me to finish with a 5-7 in that categoty. I like my OBP potential, and while I don't have multiple 40 homer hitters, I do have solid hitters at the middle infield spots, capable of 20 + HR's each (Jeter, Cuddyer, Vidro).

I think I definitely have a top 5 team, and my pitching will dictate if I can compete for a $$$ spot.

I liked my draft, overall. There's some risk with Pedro as the first pick, but he should be a good half run or more better than last year, and if both he and Santana finish under 3.00 with 230-250 K apiece, it won't take more than a little above average from the other guys. We'll see if Pineiro and Millwood rebound, and I love Lackey as my last pick.

Bautista and Rusch are speculative, but I think I'll have one of the best three rotations when all is said and done.

I'm strong where people are usually weak, weaker where people are strong. I've got about 6-7 guys who can play OF, and half of them are OF3 types, the other half OF4. smile.gif Nobody's a smasher, but Green, Hidalgo, Wilson and Monroe are all good for about 25HR. There's some rumbling about Pena being traded; that would be awesome for me.

I'm hoping for speed from Jeremy Reed, and enough walks to hide the streakiness in BA.

My infield is the best across the board, IMO. Casey/Iguchi/Renteria/Young/Beltre/Wilson

is going to have to carry the rest of the offense relative to other teams.

Last year I thought Gagne plus one other solid closer would put me near the top. It didn't work out that way; some of you dudes stock up on closers like they're drinking water and you're survivalists. If Affeldt makes it the whole year I'll still be top half, and I'll scrounge for midyear replacements to pick up another point or two. Shields will help keep the ERA and WHIP down.

After finishing 11th last year, I think I'm much better positioned this time around.

PS--I'm trying to tie our picks to Shandler's $ rating; let you know how it comes out.