Sign in to follow this  
flounder

anyone else having this problem w/ the cheatsheet compliler?

Close the program, find your security settings on your computer and turn them down. If they are up too much then you cannot use macros because of possible viruses. At least this is how it was explained yesterday by one of the guys who made the program.

The tricky thing about this is I run Excel 97 which as far as I can see does not have security settings. However, numerous people have told me this is where the problem lies. Here is a section of the FAQ to refer to:

http://www.profootballanalysis.com/compile...ler/faq.html#t3

Not sure if the compiler supports Excel 97. I might have been developed in a newer version. Not sure.

It was developed and works in Excel 97. What I was getting at is I've been giving people advice on how to correct the security settings problem (by leading them to the FAQ) but I myself cannot verify that is in fact the problem.

If you have Excel 2000, in the Tools menu, point to Macro, and then click Security. Select Medium security. Restart Excel and it should ask you if you want to enable Macros.

It might be an XP problem. You need to change your security under tools/Macros/security from High to Medium.