Sign in to follow this  
niner nate

Argh!! Im computer stupid!!!

Hey nate. See if you have the program WinZip on your computer but if not you can download an evaluation version which will work for what you need it to do. Site is http://www.winzip.com/

Once WinZip is installed, it should be fairly straight forward. Double-click the compiler.zip file (from Windows Explorer or similar) and it should bring up a WinZip program showing some buttons and a list of files located in the .zip archive. There will be only 1 file, called cheatsheet_compiler_2002_2.0.xls.

Choose the Extract option button, browse to the directory you want to put the Compiler file in and hit Extract.

You've just successfully unzipped the file and it is ready to use in Excel. Open it from in Excel, make sure to enable macros at start-up and you're golden.

Now im going nuts! I seem to be having a problem because Im a compuserve subscriber? The winzip site said that cs subsribers need to go to the GO WINZIP area which I could not find. Am I screwed or just dumb?

I don't know anything about compuserve :) Is it like AOL?

YES!!!! At the winzip site it had different instuctions for CS & AOL users only. I think it might not work for me. Any alternative methods?

Thank you for your time in dealing w/ my computer ignorance, I appreciate it.

I could email you the unzipped version but it is 4 MB. Would that be a problem due to either speed or mailbox size? Send me an email if interested.