Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

Round 5 -7 discussion

Packer - 2 QBs in the first 5 picks :cheers:

Granted I think Bulger at 5.02 is great value, but since you already had McNabb :huh:

Can you enlighten us? Strict VBD?

Packer - 2 QBs in the first 5 picks :cheers:

Granted I think Bulger at 5.02 is great value, but since you already had McNabb :huh:

Can you enlighten us? Strict VBD?

J-Scott-

I had looked to grab Cadillac on the way back, but FantasyKing killed that.

No other RB or WR really looked to be good value here, with a seeming huge tier at both positions on my board. Bulger was the highest rated player at this point. Throw in the fact that he'll be playing in the RCA Dome at Indy on McNabb's bye week, and I just thought it was the best value play all around.

Packer - 2 QBs in the first 5 picks  ;)

Granted I think Bulger at 5.02 is great value, but since you already had McNabb  :P

Can you enlighten us?  Strict VBD?

J-Scott-

No other RB or WR really looked to be good value here, with a seeming huge tier at both positions on my board. Bulger was the highest rated player at this point. Throw in the fact that he'll be playing in the RCA Dome at Indy on McNabb's bye week, and I just thought it was the best value play all around.

VBD :thumbsup:

5.04 - Laveraneus Coles, WR, NY Jets

:thumbsup: Really thought he'd drop to me ;)

Time for Plan B

ETA: Nice pick GR04 - I have Coles going for 1250/8, I think he gets back to form with Pennington again.

Packer - 2 QBs in the first 5 picks  :thumbsup:

Granted I think Bulger at 5.02 is great value, but since you already had McNabb  :mad:

J-Scott-

If you would've taken Cadillac instead of Duce, you'd probably gotten both. I'm sure in your leagues you know the guys you play with and would draft accordingly, if you knew me you'd know I wouldn't draft Duce Staley.

Sorry to keep stealing your picks. ;)

Packer - 2 QBs in the first 5 picks  :pointstosky:

Granted I think Bulger at 5.02 is great value, but since you already had McNabb  :wall:

J-Scott-

If you would've taken Cadillac instead of Duce, you'd probably gotten both. I'm sure in your leagues you know the guys you play with and would draft accordingly, if you knew me you'd know I wouldn't draft Duce Staley.

Sorry to keep stealing your picks. :lol:

Too true.

My onlt thinking was that Staley is the unquestioned #1, while Williams is running w/the starters but has not been named the starter over Pittman. (Yet) If this draft was durring training camp, closer to the season, and Gruden had officialy made that move, I'd draft accordingly.

And no worries...it comes with the territory when you're right before the turn.

:o

5.05 Foster, De'shaun RB CAR

Plan B out the window :wall: :wall: :wall:

5.07 - Cedric Benson, RB CHI

Obviously (from my previous posts) I was looking for Coles, then Foster here. With these 2 off the board and in need of my #2 WR I saw a significant drop in WR production on my board after Coles and with a lot of these WRs in the next tier I felt I could wait. Looking at the RBs left there was a lot of RBBC potential. Chicago ran the ball well at times last season. T.Jones is no stud and if he can put up 1000 rushing 14 games, I figure Benson can do the same. The obvious question here is will Benson split time with Jones. I can't see the #2 pick overall not starting for more than a few games. So by the time I'd need to put him in my lineup he should be good to go.

blahh, foster and benson both got nabbed right before I picked. Kinda surprised they lasted as long as they did. I really wanted benson but I can live with barlow as a #3 .

blahh, foster and benson both got nabbed right before I picked. Kinda surprised they lasted as long as they did. I really wanted benson but I can live with barlow as a #3 .

I almost took Barlow instead, just because of the Thomas Jones factor. No incumbant for Barlow to replace. But then I remembered how bad SF is so I snapped out of it pretty quickly :mellow:

5.09 - Donald Driver, WR GB

My strategy right now dictates I draft a WR here. He quietly racked up 1200+ yds and 9 TDs last year w/ Javon Walker on the other side of the field. I expect the GB offense to be similar to last year, and with the attention Walker will get this year Driver will have a similar year, definitely in the top 20 of WRs

I almost took Barlow instead, just because of the Thomas Jones factor. No incumbant for Barlow to replace. But then I remembered how bad SF is so I snapped out of it pretty quickly ;)

yea I'm not in love with the san frans situation either. I had drivers names written down there for a couple minutes but looking at the recievers left and the running backs left it came down to him or suggs, and right now I have no clue whos going to do what in cleveland. Not to mention they are probably going to be as bad as san fran.

CantTouchThis' first post yesterday was 12:38PM...

20 minutes and counting from this :sleep: to this :o

20 minutes and counting from this :o to this :lol:

:sleep:

20 minutes and counting from this :doublethumbsup: to this :rolleyes:

LOL, sorry. But, i left a list with FantasyKing last night because i thought i would be asleep by my next pick. I don't know, i guess it didn't end up sending it or something.

Actually, i went to bed at around 3:30, earlier than usual because i had a busy day.

20 minutes and counting from this  :doublethumbsup:  to this  :rolleyes:

LOL, sorry. But, i left a list with FantasyKing last night because i thought i would be asleep by my next pick. I don't know, i guess it didn't end up sending it or something.

Actually, i went to bed at around 3:30, earlier than usual because i had a busy day.

Sorry man I did get your email, just didnt realize you were up - really busy day today so today I cannot take any emails or picks unfortunately.

Doh, the system broke down... we can't go on without the system :clap:

Like Vick here, would not have gotten a top QB when coming back to me at 7.12

Im not a huge fan of Vick but with the rushing he makes up for it

I was debating between a TE and a QB, but when it comes down to it, I'd rather have a guy like Heath Miller end up as my TE and have Kerry Collins (highest QB on my board) than Shockey or Heap and starting David Carr.

pretty much chalk up a loss for me in week 10 :mad:

do you guys care about bye weeks? Obviously I don't...

5.11 - Trent Green, QB Kansas City

This was great value IMO. I have Green putting up ff#s close to McNabb, so a late 5th rounder is the best value to date in my book.

I was debating between a TE and a QB, but when it comes down to it, I'd rather have a guy like Heath Miller end up as my TE and have Kerry Collins (highest QB on my board) than Shockey or Heap and starting David Carr.

I know Mozz already had Gates, so you were the last one to take Heap from me. I figured it was either him or Collins. And with the QBs on a mini-run I was hoping that would sway you.

6.06 - Todd Heap, TE BAL :mad:

Didn't think I had a chance at him. He's the #3 TE on my board (virtually tied with Witten). Projecting 800/6 and a full season.

I know Mozz already had Gates, so you were the last one to take Heap from me. I figured it was either him or Collins. And with the QBs on a mini-run I was hoping that would sway you.

6.06 - Todd Heap, TE BAL :banana:

Didn't think I had a chance at him. He's the #3 TE on my board (virtually tied with Witten). Projecting 800/6 and a full season.

I also had the added sway of Collins to Moss all season long!!!

:thumbsup:

6.06 - Todd Heap, TE BAL :thumbsup:

I like Heap also

As mentioned i have only done my NFC projectiosn so not sure the exact numbers yet so I thoght Witten was a safe bet

6.06 - Todd Heap, TE BAL ;)

I like Heap also

As mentioned i have only done my NFC projectiosn so not sure the exact numbers yet so I thoght Witten was a safe bet

IMO in a ppr scoring system Witten seperates himself from Heap as the #3 TE. His #s last season show he can get it done. Now with Bledsoe coming in to Dallas, he'll dump off to Witten any time there's pressure. He should have around 85-90 receptions.

In our scoring system I have him 775/6.

Giants Rule

Peyton Manning, QB IND (1.04)

Curtis Martin, RB NYJ (2.09)

Chris Brown, RB TEN (4.09)

Joe Horn, WR NO (3.04)

Laveraneus Coles, WR NYJ (5.04)

Jeremy Shockey, TE NYG (6.09)

;)

I was surprised at all the WR that went before Larry Fritz. I think he will but up great stats this season. I honestly like the cardinals and look at them as a mini Rams team of old. They have the WR's the QB and the RB for it. And there OL is decent. not great, but decent.

5.11 - Trent Green, QB Kansas City

This was great value IMO. I have Green putting up ff#s close to McNabb, so a late 5th rounder is the best value to date in my book.

:doublethumbsup: Thanks. I love Trent Green, he is VERY quietly one of the top QBs in the game today. But, he gets overshadowed by Priest and the running game. He is consistenly a 3800-4000 yard+ 26 TDs guy. Now, they got some help in the passing game, so, i think he will be a top 5 guy for sure.

Guest Giants Rule 04

C'mon Jscott, I don't even like the Jets, and I especially don't like C-Mart. He seems like a nice enough guy, but I've had bad experiences with him on my team before.

As for Shockey, he's the last of the first tier TEs left, and if we have to start a TE, I'll take Shockey in the end of the 6th round. :doublethumbsup:

6.06 - Todd Heap, TE BAL :doublethumbsup:

I like Heap also

IMO in a ppr scoring system Witten seperates himself from Heap as the #3 TE. His #s last season show he can get it done. Now with Bledsoe coming in to Dallas, he'll dump off to Witten any time there's pressure. He should have around 85-90 receptions.

In our scoring system I have him 775/6.

my stats for witten

82 885 10.79 7

Ok, guys, i am pretty sure i will be back in time, but, i have to go put in my application to some places around here. So, if i am not here for my pick, i should be back pretty soon after.