Sign in to follow this  
Tusekan Raiders

You think this league has problems....

League I'm in with FSW guys, some of whom are FFToday tweeners/ex-pats. This league is coming apart at the seems on the trade deadline day.

This trade happens - Aug 26 1:53am: Sir Monks trades M. Mora, R. Sexson, J. Johnson to Beermutts for P. Feliz, C. Carpenter, M. Mulder

16 team HTH league, 8 make playoffs and Sir Monks is 9th and a few games back of 7th and 8th. Beermutts are done. I'm in 7th and I didn't think the deal was that bad. Anyway, a couple guys did...

Can you say Fire Sale???? by: Nashville Knights (hov34) Aug 25 8:58am

The trade between beermuts and Monks is ######. Why can't we vote on crap like that?

FYI for you silverbacks, Hearbreak Kids is Rattlesnake

Yeah by: Heartbreak Kids (mike_fsw) Aug 25 9:08pm

That one was tough to look at - a Monks classic. LOL

So will it get the green light? by: Nashville Knights (hov34) Aug 25 11:24pm

I mean beer isn't even changing his lineup anymore (he has a pitcher on the DL in the rotation) but he can make a shity trade like this?

At this point, the commish, duk, comes in and says he talked to both guys and explains the trade. This is a 5 player keeper league.

Still a ###### trade... by: Nashville Knights (hov34) Aug 26 2:22pm

It was a horrible trade duk. And the fact that it was made by a guy that isn't even changing his lineup anymore doesn't help the situation. Why can't the league vote on trades?

down hill fast...

Then beermutts comes in and explains his side and the commish again reaffirms the justification. Me and another team chime in and say we agree the trade doesn't look that bad. There's no voting on trades in this league, but it's been together for about 5 years and there's never been much concern with the commish's decisions on trades.

At this point, people are firing off who is on the block, trade deadline was today. So now this trade occurs - Aug 28 5:40pm: duk trades G. Anderson to Mojo for C. Peña.

Pena isn't worth keeping, IMO, but, whatever, not an absolutely horrible deal. Well, this fires up some others...

That was pretty bad... by: Highlanders v3 (rodney9780) Aug 28 4:15pm

the anderson trade.

...but must have been the last straw for hov, b/c this trade comes across shortly after...

Aug 28 5:21pm: hov trades Á. Rodríguez, C. Delgado, K. Griffey Jr., J. Nathan, J. Garland to Highlanders v3 for A. Dunn, Á. Ríos, M. Timlin, M. Clement, D. Kolb

Now Highlanders was just bitching about the Anderson trade...I guess it's not a crime when you're the beneficiary. Anyway, that trade gets vetoed.

Now, hov makes this deal with Rattlesnake...

Aug 28 7:21pm: hov trades Á. Rodríguez, J. Nathan, B. Myers, H. Street to Heartbreak Kids for J. Morneau, T. Iguchi, S. Stewart, B. Mueller, A. Burnett

Not as bad as the other, but it's pretty obvious at this point that hov isn't coming back next year and he's a playoff team right now, so he's killing that too. Remember, Rattlesnake was one of the first to whine about the validity of the first deal. Also, Highlanders tried to accept an even bigger robbery. With that in mind, more hilarity ensues...

That offer is HORRIBLE by: Highlanders v3 (rodney9780) Aug 28 7:57pm

Whats going on here?

I love this, RS tries to justify it...

Some things to note by: Heartbreak Kids (mike_fsw) Aug 28 8:22pm

First of all, if you people had seen the offers that Hov sent me earlier.........LOL.......good Lord. I went to duk, discussed it for the good of the league, and continued to exchange offers with Hov until I got Burnett and Morneau on my end. Burnett is a surefire stud right now and Morneau is a young kid with potential who Hov really likes, as a Twins fan. Iguchi fills a hole for him at 2B, bigtime. The closers are honestly just throw-ins, as I'm not one of those people who puts a lot of value on closers. It's nice to have them, but I could never pay a high price for one.

Well, if Hov shows up tonight...... by: Heartbreak Kids (mike_fsw) Aug 28 8:33pm

That deal WILL be accepted, according to duk, without Brett Myers in the equation.

My View by: Highlanders v3 (rodney9780) Aug 28 8:42pm

If that deal goes through my stay in the league is done. Point blank. Its bullshit. Two closers w/ 25 plus saves (no matter what you say you think about closers...you are getting them) and the best fantasy player in the game should cost more. Im sorry, AJ is good and is a stud so far but thats about half of what it should take to get ARod alone. The other scrubs you mentioned are just that outside Justin of course.

HBK you cant be serious by: Sir Monks (monks56) Aug 28 8:50pm

Closers as throw ins? In a league like this I never heard of that before...where people are fighting hard to get 2 closers worht a damn...and you are getting 2 studs closers as throw ins? Man you take the cake

What's "official" hov by: Mojo (nbaflnet) Aug 28 9:48pm

Is that Garret Anderson is a aging star with back problems who I wasn't going to keep. Carlos Pena, on the other hand, is a young and coming first baseman with tremendous power that he is displaying nicely since his call up from the minors a few weeks ago. I've had Anderson on the block for ages and if you thought he was so damn great, you should have offered something...but you didn't.

Here's the deal, people by: Heartbreak Kids (mike_fsw) Aug 28 9:55pm

A-Rod is a stud, no doubt. The 2 closers I'm getting are great, no doubt.......but they're still just closers. I realize some of you place a high premium on closers, but I don't. Trust me, neither closer will be kept. I think we all mostly agree on that stuff. Where we disagree is on what I'm sending.

AJ Burnett is one of the best around right now - he's a bigtime stud. Morneau is a bigtime prospect who Hov really likes. Iguchi is playing great lately and he immediately starts at 2B for Hov. Bill Mueller is a very solid player, as is Shannon Stewart.

Some of you may not like this deal, and maybe you think it's not even, but it's not nearly as uneven as some of you are saying it is. I'm giving up quality players, especially Burnett.......and heck, Morneau's still got bigtime potential, too.

If it goes through - Im gone by: Highlanders v3 (rodney9780) Aug 28 10:01pm

Im sure I wont be the only one.

Ok by: Heartbreak Kids (mike_fsw) Aug 28 10:07pm

I'm biting my tongue here, but people threatening to leave over this is nuts. This deal is not that bad. Burnett is a ###### stud, Morneau is a great prospect - I'm essentially dealing those two plus Iguchi for A-Rod.

Let's lay it on the line here - people have seen me make 2 deals today, my team is greatly improved in the short-term because of them, now they see this deal - and nobody wants to see it happen. If any of you could acquire A-Rod, even if it meant giving up your top stud SP, you'd do it and you know it.

And some of you that are complaining have made some pretty poor deals in the past where you've given up virtually nothing, that's what is really funny about this.....

Here's my problem with that deal by: Tenacious D Aug 28 11:20pm

Hov is pissed about the other deals and tried to basically sell his team off earlier in the day. This deal isn't as bad as the other one, but it seems obvious he's not coming back next year and trading away A.Rod in a keeper league isn't a move someone who is returning makes. Trading A.Rod and two stud closers isn't something a playoff team does. If Hov gives his word he's coming back next year, this one is still tough to figure out, but a whole lot easier to swallow.

I don't get it... by: Nashville Knights (hov34) Aug 28 11:32pm

The NL Cy Young winner and Mark Mulder (a very very good, still young pitcher) go for Jimmy Sexton and no one says a damn thing? Now all of the sudden we are all up in arms about this trade.

So someone can trade the eventual Cy Young winner but not the eventual MVP? Hmmmm....

As of now, the commish vetoed the deal, even after B.Myers was removed (LOL, yeah, that was the only problem). To be continued...