Sign in to follow this  
FunkyMcCool

Just When You Think Snl Can't Get Any Worse...

WTF is up with this band? They sound like they should be in the basement of a frat house at Illinois State University. The skits are terrible. Darrell Hammond is the only reason they can sell ads for this hunk of shat. God awful.

It's good across the pond the Arctic Monkeys are doing well. Though their music is definetely interesting, maaan were they awkward up there and the stage exit....I imagine that was a bit embarrasing for em.

Guest Mr.T

I didn't watch but the Arctic Monkeys are pretty good. Hammond is good enough to fit in with the SNL stars of any era.

Their studio work may be good, but they sounded terrible last night. Maybe it was the acoustics?

/shrug

i heard some magazine named them top 5 british band of all time

And their stage presence wasn't that great either. They literally just stood there and played their instruments... until I turned the channel. I've watched a couple times over the past few months and usually find a sketch or two that are pretty funny, their timing was all off last night, writing was horrible- it was more entertaining for my friend and I to discuss all the ways that the sketch COULD have been funny, as oppossed to way that it WAS done, which had no chance.

That's almost like coming in Top 5 on ratemypoo, isn't it?

They're being called the greatest British band since Oasis.

:unsure:

They're being called the greatest British band since Oasis.

:first:

the local ALT station plays em. I was :huh: :unsure: :mad:

Their studio work may be good, but they sounded terrible last night. Maybe it was the acoustics?

/shrug

I was surprised at how they sounded because bands usually sound worse on SNL's stage. I thought they sounded pretty good, but then again it was the first time I had heard their music...which would suggest their studio stuff is even better.

>They literally just stood there and played their instruments...

19 year olds suddenly a HUGE deal over in the UK. They're shy guys from what I know, and even there come off a little underwhelmed in public. IMO their music is pretty good. They need to work out the image they're projecting or just hope it doesn't overshadow the music.

I was working at 12:00am Saturday night and after about 10 minutes of watching that crap I actually felt that work was more entertaining. :thumbsup: They need to scrap SNL and revive it when someone with some renewed vigor can take over the writing and reinvent it.

They literally just stood there and played their instruments...

Some bands are still about the music, not flitting and dancing about like gayboys.