Sign in to follow this  
69 boss

Lawn Care Help

I have recently bought a new house.

The people that lived here before me had one of those above ground soft side pools (big one) in the back yard, well there is a huge circle of dead grass where it used to be. Will that grass grow back green during the summer or will I have to plant new grass or sod?

thanks

My next door neighbor had one of those pools, even though it's against neighborhood regulations. The grass has never really grown back right. I'm sure someone who knows what they're doing to fix the problem, though. I'm not one of those people.

Just tell everyone it's a crop circle. Charge admission to see it.

I was in the same situation last year. Where the pool was you are going to need to turn over the soil.(I used a metal tool that looked like a claw at the bottom) Get some starter fertilizer and spread it in the soil. After I spread the seed, I used the same tool to mix it in the soil(I did this so the wind wouldn't blow it and the birds wouldn't eat it). The next few weeks is the perfect time to do this because of the temperature. Water once in the morning and once in the evening for 3 weeks and you should be good to go. GL.

Just tell everyone it's a crop circle. Charge admission to see it.

You're in the right business, pal. You rare going to be fine.

You might also suggest that he claim that the forces coming from the crop circle are causing him to committ bizzar acts. Stage a stunt, do the TV thing, write the book, yada, yada, yada.

Till the ground up where the pool was because I'm sure the weight of the water packed it down pretty good. Then use a lawn roller to level it. After that, rake it and spread grass seed over the area.