Sign in to follow this  
Clash of the Titans

jerry's porter definitely wants out of oaktown

this news jives with what i'd been hearing on the trade front the last week or so................

Lincoln Kennedy is on KNBR 680 with Chris Meyers right now, and Porter apparently told Big Linc that he wants out of Oakland. You can listen at: http://www.knbr.com/listenNow.html

he'd look good in titan blue..as would jay cutler at that #7 pick...hopefully the titans and yellow teeth can work out a deal :banana:

this news jives with what i'd been hearing on the trade front the last week or so................

Lincoln Kennedy is on KNBR 680 with Chris Meyers right now, and Porter apparently told Big Linc that he wants out of Oakland. You can listen at: http://www.knbr.com/listenNow.html

he'd look good in titan blue..as would jay cutler at that #7 pick...hopefully the titans and yellow teeth can work out a deal :thumbsup:

While he might want out of Oakland, he'd be no better off in Titan-town... No, Philli or Dallas is where he would end up. Possibility for Jacksonville.

My early bet would be Dallas, Oakland and Dallas have a 'thing' going.

:thumbsup: :cheers: :P :lol: :lol:

Don't worry... they probably won't trade him. They won't get anything near value for him, but don't rule out a holdout if he is that determined.

but don't rule out a holdout if he is that determined.

Don't worry. The offense won't even notice he's missing.

Guest Mr.T

I still can't believe the Eagles would send McNabb with only Brown.

Anyone know Ronald Curry's health status? I think that if Porter really wants out they might be willing to let him go if Curry is healthy. He really showed flashes in the 2004 season. I think he could fill Porter's shoes if he were healthy.

I still can't believe the Eagles would send McNabb with only Brown.

What as opposed to Pinky and Thrash? Reid philosiphy is WR are easily replaced.

Don't worry. The offense won't even notice he's missing.

:twak: 1940 yards and 14 TDs in the last two years--I think they'll notice...

:twak: 1940 yards and 14 TDs in the last two years--I think they'll notice...

A little surprised you're defending him. I'm thinking Gabriel could manage the same 950 yards and 5 tds Porter had last year. But if you're good with that production for the money, I'm okay with it, too.

He wanted out pretty badly 2 years ago and then signed a big contract. :mellow:

Porter is a good Wr and will make any team he signs with better in the wr area. I would love to see him in Tennessee with Bennett, Calico, and Porter :unsure: . That would be nice!

What as opposed to Pinky and Thrash? Reid philosiphy is WR are easily replaced.

When they suck, they are certainly easy to replace :cry:

Porter is a good Wr and will make any team he signs with better in the wr area. I would love to see him in Tennessee with Bennett, Calico, and Porter :( . That would be nice!

I take it, you are not exactly thrilled with the David Givens signing? :thumbsdown:

A little surprised you're defending him. I'm thinking Gabriel could manage the same 950 yards and 5 tds Porter had last year. But if you're good with that production for the money, I'm okay with it, too.

:twak: Gabriel < Porter

And I didn't say I am happy with the production for the money, but you're nuts if you think he wouldn't be missed. He's been their most consistent offensive player the last two years, sadly. Would you say the same thing about Moss? He sure as hell didn't play up to his contract last year, but I'm not ready to see him leave town either. You can't just throw away signing bonuses, it's a bad time to trade either guy, contract-wise.

Truthfully, what bothers me more than anything about this is not the potential loss of Porter's talent, but the fact that the Raiders have become one of these teams where everybody wants out. We don't need Charles Woodson, per se, we don't need Jerry Porter, per se, but these are players who can contribute to winning football teams, and you can't have your players deciding for you who stays and who goes. Thus my initial post: :P :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Truthfully, what bothers me more than anything about this is not the potential loss of Porter's talent, but the fact that the Raiders have become one of these teams where everybody wants out. We don't need Charles Woodson, per se, we don't need Jerry Porter, per se, but these are players who can contribute to winning football teams, and you can't have your players deciding for you who stays and who goes. Thus my initial post: :P :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

:console:

He wanted out pretty badly 2 years ago and then signed a big contract. :unsure:

Money talks. Now that he has the money, he wants out also. Oakland would miss him on offense but they wouldnt miss his salary. He's actually overpaid. I dont like the idea of using him to trade up for a QB or to trade him for a draft pick. I hope the team keeps him. If not, I hope they could talk Green Bay into signing Walker for the same amount and swapping them. That wont happen but he's the only available WR I'd rather have.

:unsure: i wish we would have waited and got porter instead of nate burlseon...that is of course if this is all true

:blink: i wish we would have waited and got porter instead of nate burlseon...that is of course if this is all true

Burleson was a restricted free agent with no contract. Porter would probably cost more in a trade than Burleson did, if for no other reason because the Raiders would take a big cap hit to trade him, and would want to be compensated for it.

Didn't he just resign with Oakland last year? :doublethumbsup:

Porter knows he sucks and has big clown feet. Ever see him run?

Gabriel is superior and both know it. Porter is a prima donna and is only interested in himself and $.

Porter knows he sucks and has big clown feet. Ever see him run?

LOL

And no, Gabriel isn't superior to Porter, unless you're talking about track & field.

LOL

And no, Gabriel isn't superior to Porter, unless you're talking about track & field.

Agreed... though Gabriel could develop into a very good WR. They are both big and fast, but Porter is much better on routes and getting free from contact. Gabriel once he learns how to do that could end up being just as good.

Honestly I don't know what Porters problem is.. he is getting paid well. The only thing I can think of is he feels he should be the guy and now that they have brought in Moss that has changed. Maybe he is hearing things that give him the impression his looks will be reduced as they turn to Moss more. It could just be a personality thing too.. the feel of the lockeroom or something. Its no big secret that place has been a meat-grinder.

Aside from the team being lousy, what do you think are his issues TJ?

Honestly I don't know what Porters problem is.. he is getting paid well. The only thing I can think of is he feels he should be the guy and now that they have brought in Moss that has changed. Maybe he is hearing things that give him the impression his looks will be reduced as they turn to Moss more. It could just be a personality thing too.. the feel of the lockeroom or something. Its no big secret that place has been a meat-grinder.

Aside from the team being lousy, what do you think are his issues TJ?

I think it's Moss, like you said. Just another reason why I think we got bad value in the Moss trade. (The main reasons being loss of youth and salary cap room). Also I think Porter had a rapport with Collins and probably just feels like the team is doing everything they can to make his life suck. Now here comes Brooks and Porter will probably become even more of a distant #2 to Moss. Whether that's fair or not, I think that's where he's coming from.

I think it's Moss, like you said. Just another reason why I think we got bad value in the Moss trade. (The main reasons being loss of youth and salary cap room). Also I think Porter had a rapport with Collins and probably just feels like the team is doing everything they can to make his life suck. Now here comes Brooks and Porter will probably become even more of a distant #2 to Moss. Whether that's fair or not, I think that's where he's coming from.

I can't remember.. did he resign before or after the Moss Trade?

My opinion is still out on the Moss Trade.. Cap aside... if he starts producing Moss-like numbers than I will be fine with the trade itself. However, if he continues to be nicked up and not doing much this year then I will count it the latest in a series of bad results from trades/picks/signings.