Sign in to follow this  
Wildman

Wildman's Wedensday Session--Who Do I Pick?

Hey Wildman,

I was looking at the possible keepers in our league for this year, and came to the realization that I need to take Manning at 1.07, if he's there. Let me explain. This is a 10 team leauge, scoring is 6 pts TD's, 9 pts for TD's 20-49 yd and 12 pts for TD's over 50 yds. Points are only given for over 100 yards rush/rec or 300 yards pass.

We can keep 1 player that was drafted later than round 10 from last year. I have Chester Taylor from round 17. Looking at the other teams keepers, C Palmer and E Manning will most likely be gone.

My thinking is that after Manning, there is a steep drop off at QB, right. With these other 2 already gone, the 2nd tier of QB's is that much smaller. Throw in the fact that I am not to high on the RB's that would be left after pick 6. I think there are some good RB's that can be found in rounds 2-4 and some good WR's in rounds 3-5.

Thanks for your input.

Yo Matt,

It seems 14 team leagues are a little rarer than 12 teams and so I am lacking for some draft advice. In our upcoming draft I pick last (1.14, 2.01). Overall, our league is pretty RB focused and I expect 12 or 13 RBs to be off the board by the time I pick-- all the really top ones at least. Going with your most recently FFToday RB ADP rankings, this means that I will have the likes of J.Jones, K.Jones, D.Davis,W.Parker, C.Taylor to pick from. If someone grabs Peyton or a WR right before me, then I MIGHT be able to grab McGahee and/or Westbrook.

Keeping in mind that my next pick will not be until the end of the 3rd (3.14, 4.01) and I expect at least 28 RBs to be off the board at that point, I will be looking at guys like Benson, McAllister, Rhodes, etc as my second RB!

My question is-- are two of these first round RBs worth taking over taking one RB and a top WR (like C.Johnson)? And who would be worthwhile to target at the end of the 3rd?

Thanks a million!

ps 6 pts passing/rushing/receiving TD, no ppr, 1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving, 1 pt per 25 passing yrd

We start QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, K, DST.

Hey Wildman,

I was looking at the possible keepers in our league for this year, and came to the realization that I need to take Manning at 1.07, if he's there. Let me explain. This is a 10 team leauge, scoring is 6 pts TD's, 9 pts for TD's 20-49 yd and 12 pts for TD's over 50 yds. Points are only given for over 100 yards rush/rec or 300 yards pass.

We can keep 1 player that was drafted later than round 10 from last year. I have Chester Taylor from round 17. Looking at the other teams keepers, C Palmer and E Manning will most likely be gone.

My thinking is that after Manning, there is a steep drop off at QB, right. With these other 2 already gone, the 2nd tier of QB's is that much smaller. Throw in the fact that I am not to high on the RB's that would be left after pick 6. I think there are some good RB's that can be found in rounds 2-4 and some good WR's in rounds 3-5.

Thanks for your input.

Why do you need me to give you an answer? :banana: You have this figured out pretty well, IMO! :thumbsup:

Yo Matt,

It seems 14 team leagues are a little rarer than 12 teams and so I am lacking for some draft advice. In our upcoming draft I pick last (1.14, 2.01). Overall, our league is pretty RB focused and I expect 12 or 13 RBs to be off the board by the time I pick-- all the really top ones at least. Going with your most recently FFToday RB ADP rankings, this means that I will have the likes of J.Jones, K.Jones, D.Davis,W.Parker, C.Taylor to pick from. If someone grabs Peyton or a WR right before me, then I MIGHT be able to grab McGahee and/or Westbrook.

Keeping in mind that my next pick will not be until the end of the 3rd (3.14, 4.01) and I expect at least 28 RBs to be off the board at that point, I will be looking at guys like Benson, McAllister, Rhodes, etc as my second RB!

My question is-- are two of these first round RBs worth taking over taking one RB and a top WR (like C.Johnson)? And who would be worthwhile to target at the end of the 3rd?

Thanks a million!

ps 6 pts passing/rushing/receiving TD, no ppr, 1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving, 1 pt per 25 passing yrd

We start QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, K, DST.

I think RB-WR is probably your best bet and you could take a chance on either Benson/Jones or even Bush/McAllister. If you get a shot at K jones/Westbrook/McGahee, I'd take 2 of those. The others you mentioned? I wouldn't take them. I'd rather have Deshaun Foster. If you can take K Jones/Westbrook/McGahee/Foster/Gore as 2 of your backs, I might consider it over RB-WR and then follow up wtih DeAngelo Williams after round 8...

Still RB-WR is good andn then you can take RBs pretty much every other round if need be until you have enough to hit on one :banana:

Mike Bell is a guy that will likely come back to you that's worth a gamble as a #2 at this point at the top of round 4!

Wildman-I need some of your sage advice. I play in a standard 12 team 2 keeper non-PPR league. I am keeping LJ and Holt and due to some trades have 6 picks in rounds 3-6 (3.5, 4.1, 4.8, 5,3, 5.11, 6.1)

At 3.5 do I pick up the best wr on the board and then go for rb at 4.1? Which rb's should I draft ahead of Chambers/Wayne/Williams?

Keepers were just declared for my league (12 teams) and those that did not declare the maximum of 3 keepers get draft picks instead. Here is a list of keepers and blank spaces represent a pick. The list also shows draft order. This follows a snake format starting round 1. The player in (parenthesis) just shows a mandatory keeper that each team had to declare and represents no round.

(Brady)-

(Tiki)-Lamont, CJ

(McGahee)-Caddy, Fitz

(SJax)-Lewis, PManning

(Gates)-

(Steve Smith)-

(Edge)-

(Ronnie Brown)- Chester Taylor, Westy

(LT2)-Boldin

(Foster)-Portis,

(LJ)-Rudi,

(Shaun A)-Droughns, Holt

Now begins Round 3 when all teams draft!

So my question: I am Team #2 (Tiki, Lamont, and CJ as my keepers). Therefore I have the #2 pick (3.2) and #23 pick (4.10)...... once everyone starts drafting. In analyzing this, most folks will take RB, which may leave me Addai at the best. So, is it best to consider a quality WR at 3.2 and sacrifice a RB as my flex or go RB? Also, when (what round) can I hope to get Palmer to pair with Johnson? Generally, what would be a good strategy to consider with the following factors?

My league's details: start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, RB/WR, TE, K, DST. PPR and points for every offensive category (2pts = each rush yard, 1 pt=each passing yard, 2 pt=each rec yard ).

Thanks a lot!!

Wildman-I need some of your sage advice. I play in a standard 12 team 2 keeper non-PPR league. I am keeping LJ and Holt and due to some trades have 6 picks in rounds 3-6 (3.5, 4.1, 4.8, 5,3, 5.11, 6.1)

At 3.5 do I pick up the best wr on the board and then go for rb at 4.1? Which rb's should I draft ahead of Chambers/Wayne/Williams?

I'd think you go for Chambers Wayne in 3.5 and Williams at 4.1 so if you draft a WR in 3.5 I'd go for Foster, Dillon, Addai, Dunn, C. Taylor in that 4.1 range. I hate to say this, but keep an eye on F. Taylor in the mid rounds, I think he's undervalued (dare I say it...)

Keepers were just declared for my league (12 teams) and those that did not declare the maximum of 3 keepers get draft picks instead. Here is a list of keepers and blank spaces represent a pick. The list also shows draft order. This follows a snake format starting round 1. The player in (parenthesis) just shows a mandatory keeper that each team had to declare and represents no round.

(Brady)-

(Tiki)-Lamont, CJ

(McGahee)-Caddy, Fitz

(SJax)-Lewis, PManning

(Gates)-

(Steve Smith)-

(Edge)-

(Ronnie Brown)- Chester Taylor, Westy

(LT2)-Boldin

(Foster)-Portis,

(LJ)-Rudi,

(Shaun A)-Droughns, Holt

Now begins Round 3 when all teams draft!

So my question: I am Team #2 (Tiki, Lamont, and CJ as my keepers). Therefore I have the #2 pick (3.2) and #23 pick (4.10)...... once everyone starts drafting. In analyzing this, most folks will take RB, which may leave me Addai at the best. So, is it best to consider a quality WR at 3.2 and sacrifice a RB as my flex or go RB? Also, when (what round) can I hope to get Palmer to pair with Johnson? Generally, what would be a good strategy to consider with the following factors?

My league's details: start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, RB/WR, TE, K, DST. PPR and points for every offensive category (2pts = each rush yard, 1 pt=each passing yard, 2 pt=each rec yard ).

Thanks a lot!!

I'd go top tier WR based on these keepers (Chambers would be a good one) and then consdier a guy like Fred Taylor, Ahman Green, or Thomas Jones as your flex later (if the guys like KJones or Willie Parker are gone) Dillon isn't a bad one either. Al lthose older guys with skills everyone wants to ignore :cheers:

Just get their handcuffs (M. Drew, Maroney...or consider DeAngelo Williams)

If Chambers or R Moss are gone, I'd seriously consider Frank Gore as your flex RB...if you can get him, I'd take him over most of the WRs left at this point

GREAT POSTS!!

In a 16 team league, we start 1QB, 2RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K (we also have a bonus slot for another RB or WR to start)

Stardard scoring throughout with 1 point per reception (negative points for fumbles and interceptions)

Our roster consists of 14 players.

Non - keeper league

I pick 4th out of the 16. I know the top three picks will be LT, SA, LJ. ( i have talked with the owners)

Do I go in line for the next running back? or Manning? or try to trade down 3 - 5 picks...

Thanks for the advice!!!!!!!

GREAT POSTS!!

In a 16 team league, we start 1QB, 2RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K (we also have a bonus slot for another RB or WR to start)

Stardard scoring throughout with 1 point per reception (negative points for fumbles and interceptions)

Our roster consists of 14 players.

Non - keeper league

I pick 4th out of the 16. I know the top three picks will be LT, SA, LJ. ( i have talked with the owners)

Do I go in line for the next running back? or Manning? or try to trade down 3 - 5 picks...

Thanks for the advice!!!!!!!

Go with the back if the yardage rules are consistent among RBs and QBs as with most standard leagues. There's a greater gap in performance among the top RBs than there is among the top QBs after the elite 1-2. I think you can grab Palmer, C-Pep, Bulger, or McNabb and be just as happy...if you can trade down 3-5 picks and get an extra second or third pick, I'd explore it. If not, pick a back.

portis inj.j.jones has m. barber.would you take either 3rd pick 2nd rd no 15 if they were there.thanks.

A WR and then follow up with a back like Foster, K Jones, Gore if they are still around. Depends on your scoring system, too.

I posted in the topics below before i saw your thread, so i'll repost here. Can you please let me know what your thoughts are on this:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=226327

I know they aren't starters per say, but anything to make my team deeper, right?

Thanks in advance Wildman!!!

I have a soft spot for R8R fans, so how can refuse :cheers:

I had the opportunity to take either McAllister or Addai during my draft yesterday. I went with McAllister, but now i'm thinking i should have taken Addai. Here's why:

My league has 2 starting RB's, with a 3rd RB/WR toggle player. I had set a fairly solid 3 RB's in C. Williams (TB), W. Dunn (ATL), and C. Taylor (MIN).

With that being said, i'm thinking that I should have gone with the more risky player that has the chance to start later in the season (Addai), instead of McAllister who will be starting early, but Bush will take over. My 3 RB's do have fairly early bye weeks (4,5, and 6) so that was my main reason for taking McAllister. I would have avoided McAllister becuase I agree with your assessment of Bush. That said, it looks like to start the season McAllister is getting enough time at RB that he'll likely be the goal line guy and worth some points.

I do have risky RB's on my bench as well - M. Bennett, W. Lundy. But solid backup WR's that could fill the toggle spot while waiting for one of my risky picks to break out. It's also worth mentioning that since i have Peyton Manning, so getting Addai could get the QB/RB scores for Indy, which is never a bad thing. [/b]I like Addai and think he'll be the better of the two backs before the season is over with, but like you said that's risky to assess. Still you have decent backs to go for the risk. The tough part is judging when to offer the deal. If you offer now, then you get Addai but you have to wait and see how his time share with Rhodes develops...If you offer later, McAllister could be a dud and not warrant a trade for Addai--in other words too late. The third scenario is to wait, hope McAllister has a good game or two and offer him for Addai and another player

The team i drafted is:

Starters - P. Manning, Williams, Dunn, Taylor, S. Smith (WR), L. Evans (WR), Tony Gonzales (TE), Vanderjadt (K), TB (Def)

Backups - McAllister, D. Branch (WR), W. Lundy (RB), A. Johnson (WR), D. Brees (QB), M. Bennett (RB), and one more that i can't remember....

Any input would be greatly appreciated!! I belive i could talk the other guy into a trade for addai if recommendations point that way, since he's badly in need of a starting RB right now...Personally, I like Addai. He hasn't looked awesome in the preseason, but I thought he was certainly playing well enough to earn a 50/50 split with Rhodes. If you really like Addai, then go for it now. But if you aren't sure, which your post seems to indicate I think I'd probably wait and see if McAllister has a nice game or two, then make the offer for Addia to get more out of the deal. If Addai looks good, then you can offer Chester Taylor or Dunn instead (if McAllister looks bad). Good luck!

Hi everyone!

Okay - I won a S'Bowl in 05 with the overall #2 (S. Alexander), and won it in '04 with a late-round number (#11?). Looks like I won't be repeating my "super-stud" strategy of last year... sad.gif

Okay - pretty much everyone's consensus is LJ, SA and/or LT in the first 3. Most are then slotting T. Barber (due to C. Portis' injury) at the #4 slot. At #5, I'm considering: R. Brown, MIA; S. Jackson, STL; R. Johnson, CIN .. or P. Manning, IND. I am VERY high on IND QB this year, because: 1) No E. James, and neither RB has "lit it up" in preseason; 2) IND has an easy schedule (22nd); and 3) he has EASY matchups in the playoff weeks! cheers.gif

So .. I'm seeking thoughts on "who'd you take at #5, and why?" AND for those who have already held drafts, at what slot is P. Manning being taken? cool.gif

Thanks in advance, and good luck to everyone in '06! first.gif

I am in a 12 teams, standard scoring, non-ppr league. I am having a hard time deciding which direction to take my draft in the 2nd round. I am picking 4th overall. Here are the 2 directions I plan on taking. Which one would you recommend:

Option 1

1.4 S. Jackson RB

2.9 W. Parker RB

3.4 R. Wayne WR

4.9 TJ Housmanzadeth WR

Option 2

1.4 S. Jackson RB

2.9 A. Boldin WR

3.4 R. Wayne WR

4.9 F. Gore RB

I am in a 12 teams, standard scoring, non-ppr league. I am having a hard time deciding which direction to take my draft in the 2nd round. I am picking 4th overall. Here are the 2 directions I plan on taking. Which one would you recommend:

Option 1

1.4 S. Jackson RB

2.9 W. Parker RB

3.4 R. Wayne WR

4.9 TJ Housmanzadeth WR

Option 2

1.4 S. Jackson RB

2.9 A. Boldin WR

3.4 R. Wayne WR

4.9 F. Gore RB

In terms of what I like to do, far and away option #2. I think Boldin and Wayne are a better combo than Wayne and Housh...you will likely find a guy that performs within Houh's total several rounds later. Parker may be the every down back, but I think Gore is going to be the better option. I'm just not sold on Parker as an every down guy just yet.

Hi,

I just noticed this "Wildman's Session"

I posted this on another spot in the forum. Let me know what you think...

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=227243

I'm really leaning toward drafting 3 RBs to start including my keeper Anderson, as my opponents tend to draft WRs early for some reason. I should be able to come out with 3 good ones. C Williams or R Johnson may even fall to me for all I know...

But I may be stuck for that 3rd WR...

Thanks a lot!

HI WILDMAN!

My league is switching to a KEEPER this year. I've got the #2 draft spot. #1 told me he is taking LJ

Who do I take SHAUN ALEXANDER OR LT2 (NO PPR)

my gut says LT2 since he's 2 years younger but SA just seems like the more consistent back. When I looked ast their career totals they have a pretty much identical workload. Plus that playoff shcedule SA has makes it really tempting to grab him. Not to mention I think SEA has a much more established situation. LT2 has proven he can put up numbers regardless but Rivers is a rook afterall. I've also noticed a tendency for LT to burn out the second half of the season (he burnt me last year). All of that combined makes me lean towards SA as the smart pick.