Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

* 2006 - Version 1.5 Released *

Ahh, here we go for season number 6...

FF Today Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy

These Excel-based programs make draft day a snap! The Compiler creates customised cheatsheets for your league while Draft Buddy tracks your draft to help you make the best draft-day decisions.

Some of the new additions in '06 include...

• Improved Player Rank and Tiering Features
  • More Crucial Info Packed in the "Summary" tab
  • Added Auction Draft Specific Enhancements
  • Improved Look and Feel throughout

...and there's more where that came from.

We will again offer our Early Bird rate of $10.95 through July 31st ($14.95 after). Your purchase will entitle you to product updates through the start of the regular season (9/6).

Support: Mike MacGregor and Mike Krueger will be offering tech support here at this board or you can send an email to compiler@fftoday.com if you have any questions. We will be happy to help!

Purchase Info: You may make your purchase with your credit card through Paypal, or by check/money order. Order here

Login Help: If you have any trouble logging in after your purchase to download the Compiler/Draft Buddy, please send a note to login@fftoday.com and we will assist you ASAP.

You can find out all of the Details about the Compiler & Draft Buddy package by following the link below. You may see similar products on the market but seriously folks, the FF Today Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy is more versatile, has more features, and offers easier access to updates than any other draft manager available.

Here's our tentative schedule for projection updates...

6/5 - Done

6/19 - Done

7/3 - Done

7/19 - Updated ADP and depth chart data - Done

7/27 - Done

8/3 - Done

8/10 - Done

8/17 - Done

8/21 - Unscheduled; to accomodate Barlow trade to Jets and Jerramy Stevens injury

8/24 - Done

8/31 - Done ... a day early! :blink:

9/5 - Done!!! Wow, what a ride...

FF Today Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy

Yes, it's football time... fantasy football time! :blink:

Edited by Mike MacGregor

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Great Stuff Mike.

Just downloaded it, can't wait to 'play' now.

Thanks.

Thank you T-Bird and Smoov.

Hmm... no questions so far... I'm going to take that as a good sign :rolleyes:

Mike,

This is great news. I love the product. 06 will be my 3rd year using it.

1 question. There's a chance that I could get a new laptop at work between now and my draft day. If I go ahead and purchase it for this year and install it on my current computer (which I used last year without problem) and then I end up getting a new computer, would I be able to download the product again to the new computer by using the same registration code (or whatever it's referred to)??

Yes, for sure. You'll have the login info to access the download area. You can use that from any computer you like. Even if you work on your Compiler/Buddy on the first computer and want to transfer that one with all your saved changes over to the new one, then we can probably figure that out somehow too.

Thanks Mike, I noticed that it did not come with projection pal this year (or am I missing something), but on the setup tab under import projections compiler references it. Couple of questions, can I use last years projection pal by just changing the file names. Thanks again I love the compiler and have been using it since 2002.

Ok, I just realized it is a separate download, :banana: but I can not find it. Can you leave a link? thanks again!

It is a separate download which will be linked from the member area. It isn't quite ready yet for 2006, and I don't believe you can use the '05 Pal because I slightly altered the position tabs in the Compiler (adding the "Change" column for one thing). I will have it ready soon. Best estimate is a couple days.

From my other thread...

Quick note that version 1.1 of the Compiler and Draft Buddy are now available in the member access area. For those who already have version 1.0, use the copy league profiles function (update tab in the Compiler) to get your league settings from version 1.0 to 1.1.

Although we didn't plan to release a 1.1 version of the Compiler so soon on the heels of 1.0, we noticed a few things that could be tightened up from the original release, plus the extra time provided for some more improved auction functionality. Details:

Compiler: Hide IDP cheatsheet when not in use.

Compiler: If auction minimum bid is set to decimal, round dollar values appropriately and update formatting throughout for dollars and cents. A few people have asked for this and I'm sure more use .25 cent or .50 cent min bids whereas the Compiler only allowed for whole dollar amounts previously :(

Compiler: Prompt user to consider Last Player Drafted overall ranking method for auction leagues.

Compiler: Alter copy league profiles function to allow for copying from either 2005 or 2006 Compiler files.

Buddy: Improve offense and IDP cheatsheet re-ranking functions, including editing auction dollar values and re-ranking by dollars for auctions. Use this feature people. Highly recommended :lol:

Buddy: Add function to adjust auction dollar values for all players by position or from rank X to Y. Adjustments can be by dollar amount or % increase or decrease. I like this :thumbsup:

Buddy: Fix issue with keepers and auction/draft input tabs when altering draft order and display.

Buddy: Correct some Excel version compatibility issues arising from custom menus and other new items added in '06. Had a compatibility issue with a German version of Excel this morning :wall:

Also, Projection Pal 2006 is now available for download in the member access area :clap: Enjoy!

From my other thread...

Buddy: Improve offense and IDP cheatsheet re-ranking functions, including editing auction dollar values and re-ranking by dollars for auctions. Use this feature people. Highly recommended :thumbsdown:

Just bought again, it helped me win last year. That an LJ, of course.

I notice that doing the re-ranking sorts thing in ascending manner. In other words, it puts the $1 players at the top of the cheatsheets. This screws up the Top Ranked Players Available on the summary tab in DBuddy.

Also, I like the keeper list and the dead money in the keepers setup. However, the systems is flawed a bit in regards to dynamic VDB. I know that is a pain to implement live in the spreadsheet (where player values are adjusted as people overpay or underpay for other players), but it should be done for at least the keepers in my situation.

What I am asking is if there is a way to remove, from the Cheatsheet, all those players who are kept, and remove the money we spent to keep them from the total salary cap, and THEN calculate the Max Bid values.

I hope that makes sense. For example, Since I get a steal keeping LJ this year at far under the cheatsheet's value of $34, it should increase the max bid values for the remaining players. The reason is that the auction "market" has more money than anticipated to spend for the remaining players/points.

In a perfect world, it would be great if the auction values were adjusted after each player is drafted. If people start overspending it means I can somewhat devalue players because everyone else will run out of bucks to spend towards the end of the draft.

I hope no one's head exploded.

*** ka - :banana: - boom ***

:mad:

Let me look into that re-rank thing, because I was pretty sure it worked and no one else has said anything to the contrary.

Just bought again, it helped me win last year. That an LJ, of course.

I notice that doing the re-ranking sorts thing in ascending manner. In other words, it puts the $1 players at the top of the cheatsheets. This screws up the Top Ranked Players Available on the summary tab in DBuddy.

Ah, crap. Thanks for noting that ephford and letting me know. We're doing a projection update Sunday night for Monday morning, so I will fix this for that update.

As for adjusting the auction values based on keepers, that would be pretty complex to implement. I'm fairly certain that can't happen this year, but it is something I will consider for the future.

Following up... I fixed the auction re-rank feature with 1.1c just uploaded today, but there are a couple other minor things I've noticed are not working. One example is the draft data submission, although thanks to the couple people who have submitted their drafts already. I will fix that tonight and tomorrow, and then upload a new version of the Compiler and Buddy.

Cheers.

Okay, a new Compiler and Draft Buddy versions 1.5 are now uploaded and ready to download. This should be the last version for this year. Here are the changes that I made:

> Compiler: Create auction input for minimum bid increment, for leagues which have separate minimum bids and bid increments.

> Buddy: Stop the timer sound when clock is stopped or reset.

> Buddy: Fix draft data submission function.

I also updated the ADP data and depth chart data. If you run the Projection Update from 1.1, that will work to get the ADP/depth update, but you might as well download 1.5... especially if any of the above 3 points will effect your use of the program.

Remember you can copy league profiles to 1.5 from your prior version Compiler (2005 or 2006 Compiler). Go to the update tab for instructions. No point keying all those league inputs and scoring in again!

Okay, a new Compiler and Draft Buddy versions 1.5 are now uploaded and ready to download.....

.....Remember you can copy league profiles to 1.5 from your prior version Compiler (2005 or 2006 Compiler). Go to the update tab for instructions. No point keying all those league inputs and scoring in again!

For my money the bigger bind is rekeying in the DB all the picks/keepers.

Also, when I've downloaded the new CC, the projections I'd loaded from another site have gone.

and on the DB the keepers page is only recognizing 12 teams..all other pages show the full 14. :mellow:

Any ideas Mikes ??

Thanks TBird 1

For my money the bigger bind is rekeying in the DB all the picks/keepers.

For this, setup Draft Buddy 1.5 the same was as before, which should be pretty much as straight forward as making sure your Compiler file is on the proper league profile, cheatsheets compiled, etc. In fact, if you're happy with the cheatsheets you created in Compiler 1.0 or 1.1, then you could even point DB 1.5 to your old Compiler file, run Draft Buddy setup, and you'll have the same cheatsheets pulled across as before.

Then, save that DB file and close it. Open it and choose Disable macros. Open your old DB file (the one with the team/owner names, keepers and picks and choose Disable macros. Now you should be able to copy all the team/owner names, keepers and picks from your old DB to the new one. Save, close and re-open this time enabling macros.

Also, when I've downloaded the new CC, the projections I'd loaded from another site have gone.

If your league wasn't an auction you could really use the old Compiler and not notice any difference.

If you want to use Compiler 1.5, then what you could do to get your imported projections into 1.5 is copy the projections into Projection Pal. Point Projection Pal to Compiler 1.5, and copy to Compiler.

and on the DB the keepers page is only recognizing 12 teams..all other pages show the full 14. :blink:

Any ideas Mikes ??

Thanks TBird 1

Hmm... small glitch there but nothing I changed. If you run the Buddy setup again I believe it will work. Or, go to the keepers tab, far right where the team 12 columns are, highlight over those cells and 1 or 2 of the blank columns to the right and select Format > Column > Unhide.

7/27 update complete. Now its weekly from here on out. Batton down the hatches! :P

Have used this for 6 years, and have 4 'ships to show for it!! I'm sorry, but I always forget...how do I copy league scoring from past versions to this one? Thx!!

Have used this for 6 years, and have 4 'ships to show for it!! I'm sorry, but I always forget...how do I copy league scoring from past versions to this one? Thx!!

Damn, that's a good track record! :thumbsup: ;)

And considering we gave it away for free those first two years (or was it three?) when the Compiler was in its infancy, no apologies for the 2 down years :P ;)

To copy league profiles, click to the update tab in the Compiler and you'll see a box to enter your 2005 Compiler file name and a button to copy over the data. Make sure the files are in the same directory which they should be by default.

Glad to have you back!

8/3 update is up. Some significant player names in the movers and shakers category this week, but not major shifts in the rankings :D

I'm having trouble getting the Update Projections to work in Excel 2003. I get the

Run time error: 1004

Unable to open http:www......adp.htm

Cannot open internet server or proxy server

Guidance?

I'm having trouble getting the Update Projections to work in Excel 2003. I get the

Run time error: 1004

Unable to open http:www......adp.htm

Cannot open internet server or proxy server

Guidance?

Make sure you have an active Internet connection when running the update. If you do, then check your firewall software. It may not be allowing Excel to access the Internet. If you can grant Excel access, do that. Otherwise, shut down the firewall temporarily while you run the update.

Make sure you have an active Internet connection when running the update. If you do, then check your firewall software. It may not be allowing Excel to access the Internet. If you can grant Excel access, do that. Otherwise, shut down the firewall temporarily while you run the update.

Perfect, that did it thanks.

Also, Projection Pal 2006 is now available for download in the member access area :headbanger: Enjoy!

Where in hell is the member access area? Is it that place where it says:

--------------

Already Purchased?

Login to download 1.5c

User Name & Password required

Release Date: 8/3

Login Issues? Send us an email

---------------

I hope not because I don't remember the password and the system doesn't remember any email address I've ever used.

i started using draft buddy three years ago and i've won 2 championships in three years. almost made it three in three years but decided to sit Mike Anderson last second last year.

You think I would know by now but simple pressing update projections will update my compiler with updated versions right?

And what exactly is the difference between the "check for update" and "update projections" buttons? :mad:

thanks mike.

Where in hell is the member access area? Is it that place where it says:

--------------

Already Purchased?

Login to download 1.5c

User Name & Password required

Release Date: 8/3

Login Issues? Send us an email

---------------

I hope not because I don't remember the password and the system doesn't remember any email address I've ever used.

Hey Chazzman. Yes, that is exactly where Projection Pal is... the same page where you downloaded the Compiler in the first place.

http://www.fftoday.com/download

If you can't get in, then send me an email and we'll get it figured out.

i started using draft buddy three years ago and i've won 2 championships in three years. almost made it three in three years but decided to sit Mike Anderson last second last year.

You think I would know by now but simple pressing update projections will update my compiler with updated versions right?

And what exactly is the difference between the "check for update" and "update projections" buttons? :banana:

thanks mike.

Great stuff hotgumbo! Nice!

I added the Check for Update button this year to simply see if the update availble on the server is more current than the last update you have in the Compiler. It basically checks the date. If an update is available, then it asks you if you want to Update Projections, the second button that we've always had.

Is it necessary to download each new version, or can I just continue to use the update button in my previous downloaded version?

Thanks

Team Z

Is it necessary to download each new version, or can I just continue to use the update button in my previous downloaded version?

Thanks

Team Z

As long as it's the same version number (i.e. 1.5) then everything except the projections are the same. The only thing different with 1.5a, b, c, d, et cetera is the projections. That's there because some people can't use the update feature in the compiler, so they have to download each update manually.

For some reason I am not allowed into the download site. I think the firewall here at work is preventing it.

Can I download the Cheatsheet Compiler later on when I get home?

I just purchased the compiler and draft buddy, via my paypal account and now when I go back to the FFToday page to dowload it, it takes me to the login screen, but when I enter my username and password I get a red error message reading "sorry, you are not allowed to access this directory" My account was first set up on my home computer, using that IP address, which it apparently tracks, and that is the account I logged into and paid for the compiler on, but I am on my laptop, with a different IP address. Is that why it won't let me access the dowload? I have to leave on a plan at 6am tomorrow for Vegas for our draft, and if I can't dowload the compiler and buddy on my laptop to take with me, because it is only recognizing my home computer IP address as vaild for this account (perhaps?), then the compiler and buddy really do me no good and I'll need to speak to someone about a refund. I can't lug my home PC with me on the plane. Please help and FAST!!!!

For some reason I am not allowed into the download site. I think the firewall here at work is preventing it.

Can I download the Cheatsheet Compiler later on when I get home?

Scratch this post. I forgot that your login to the download area is NOT the same as your user name on the forums.

I have been using 1.1b and have customized some projections there. I was trying to see if it made sense to start using 1.5 and figure out a way to ge the projections in there. From what I gather, as long as the only auction I am in has $1 minimum bids and $1 increments, I should use 1.5 Draft Buddy and point it to the 1.1 Cheatshet Compiler. Is that right?

Also, for next year for an auction league I wanted to suggest having some sort of bid projector function. Right now you get a list of values (which is bery helpful), but the key in an auction is to compare those values before the auction to what you think the price will be. For example, if I have Warner with a value of 30 and he is being bid at 22, I would bid on him with no other info. However, if I have McNair with a value of 25 and I expect that he will go for 10, he might be the better value (letting me spend more on other positions). It could be as simple as allowing a column for projected bids to be put in manually and then showing the variance as a percentage of the bid, or there could be a projected bid based on the ADP figures (or both). Anyway, just a thought.

Also, I can't remember if I was ever successful in logging into the forums last year, but that problem seems to have gone away. B)

Adam

Good observation Adam. I think based on the version update notes you're right, that pointing 1.1 Compiler to 1.5 Buddy will work well.

I appreciate the othe feedback as well. I think someone asked for this too, so I'll have to take more notice of it and consider it for next year.

Mike when will you be updating the "ADP and depth chart data" again or has it been done the last few times?

Thanks

Full update tomorrow - projections, ADP and depth charts.

On the recent Duckett/Lelie deals, we're going to wait until tomorrow's update to properly change the teams for those guys including the impact on the projections. It takes some time to assess the projection impact, and also we want to make sure about is these guys pass their physicals so the trades are official, and not have another Lee Suggs incident. We should have more certainty tomorrow the trades will be or will become official.

Full update tomorrow - projections, ADP and depth charts.

On the recent Duckett/Lelie deals, we're going to wait until tomorrow's update to properly change the teams for those guys including the impact on the projections. It takes some time to assess the projection impact, and also we want to make sure about is these guys pass their physicals so the trades are official, and not have another Lee Suggs incident. We should have more certainty tomorrow the trades will be or will become official.

Thanks Mike my drafts are this weekend so that rocks ;)

Good observation Adam. I think based on the version update notes you're right, that pointing 1.1 Compiler to 1.5 Buddy will work well.

I appreciate the othe feedback as well. I think someone asked for this too, so I'll have to take more notice of it and consider it for next year.

Thanks. That's helpful. One more thing. Is there a way to make the ranking method based on a comparison of their score to the average starter? I know there isn't a drop down, but thought there might be a formula or two I can copy somewhere to accomplish this.

Thanks.

Adam