Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Eyes

Tiki Barber -- thoughts?!

Is he really worth his ADP (1.05 in 14 team league)?? I know he's put up massive numbers the past couple of seasons, and is a huge part of the passing game....but can he continue to replicate that success?

Is he really worth his ADP (1.05 in 14 team league)?? I know he's put up massive numbers the past couple of seasons, and is a huge part of the passing game....but can he continue to replicate that success?

The question should be more who can you draft over a guy that lead the league in overall yardage and was only 20 yards from leading the league in rushing. I would like to know, cause I have #5 and I can't hype anyone enough to overtake Tiki.

I do not worry at all about him getting older. I had Tiki last year and he probably is the guy that won my league for me, but I did hate the Jacob vultures, but I think it was pretty flukey. Tiki would run it from the 5 to the 1 inch line and Jacobs would come in. I think that happened a disproportionate amount of times last year. I also worry about his brutal schedule, but it wasn't easy last year either and if the Giants are behind, Tiki IS the offense and will get his receiving yards.

I believe Tiki is finally getting his due.

The guy is usally residing in the middle of the 2nd round -- year after year - typically as someone's #2 RB (using the stud RB theory). Each year, typically there are questions if his lineup is RBBC, but last year, everyone woke up to his Tiki-ness. Those that had Tiki and Caddy were basking in glory.

I believe Tiki is finally getting his due.

The guy is usally residing in the middle of the 2nd round -- year after year - typically as someone's #2 RB (using the stud RB theory). Each year, typically there are questions if his lineup is RBBC, but last year, everyone woke up to his Tiki-ness. Those that had Tiki and Caddy were basking in glory.

I guess you could ask yourself, what has changed between last year and this year to make him worse? Jacobs won't get anymore TDs than he vultured last year. And Jacobs is not an every down back so he won't get much more touches either. The only other thing is his schedule may be a little tougher, but do you not draft a stud when you have the chance because of perceived matchups that look bad in July?

i just found out i am drafting fourth in our league this year. Barring any pre-season injuries I will draft Tiki 4th. I had him last year as well.

tiki should be great again. but the question is, who do you draft in round 2? i'd say its gotta be another rb?

I do worry about all the mileage that's been put on Tiki the past couple years, though he still has fewer total carries than most RBs his age. As murf74 mentioned though, who do you hype past him? I like Edge a fair amount, but there are concerns about him aging and in a new offense. S Jackson, L Jordan, and R Brown are too unproven to go that high.

I hope I don't draft 5th...

I guess you could ask yourself, what has changed between last year and this year to make him worse? Jacobs won't get anymore TDs than he vultured last year. And Jacobs is not an every down back so he won't get much more touches either. The only other thing is his schedule may be a little tougher, but do you not draft a stud when you have the chance because of perceived matchups that look bad in July?

My thoughts exactly. This is the same argument I have used on other sites as well as here. I am in a 1 person keeper league and Tiki is who I am keeping. Last year may have been his ceiling for both yards and TDs, but even 500 total yards less and a couple less TDs from last years total still puts him among the elite backs.

tiki should be great again. but the question is, who do you draft in round 2? i'd say its gotta be another rb?

I don't understand why drafting Tiki would change your draft strategy?? This guy is an absolute BEAST and when you put up these type of numbers what do a few TDs stolen from him really mean.. Yes if he had the opportunity to get those tds back he would have more points. That is only relevant when comparing Tiki to Tiki. He is not being looked at as a TOP 3 guy(why.... i don't know), but at the 4 spot or later he is a man among boys even without the tds. The only backs that scored more (ffpts) last year were SA and LJ and thats is not including PPR. This guy is a STUD no matter how you slice it.

but the question for guys with him in keeper leagues...how much longer is Tiki going to last like this?

He is 31, and we all know the statement that RBs decline after they turn 30.

So if he does well early this year, is it the right call to trade him away?

The Giants (including Barber) seem content with the role Jacobs is filling as the short yardage guy. As for what's different... well Jacobs was banged up for a couple of games. I don't think he missed too many games, but he also didn't get some of his standard GL chances. That and, being as this is his 2nd year... he could improve as a runner overall. Tiki has been undervalued for years... but now that he is finally getting his respect that he deserves.. I think he has a chance to be a let down.