Sign in to follow this  
Whyamiabillsfan

'06 Bennett = '04 Bennett

I think a lot of people are overlooking Drew Bennett as a viable fantasy option this year. His ADP is late 7th/early 8th and he'll be one of those mid-round clutch picks that could elevate your team to fantasy glory.

Things going for Bennett: He's in a contract year. A man who can/likes to throw the ball to Bennett has finally been given the starting job. He's pissed off about last year. All signs point to him being healthy for the start of training camp. He has a capable WR to take pressure off him.

With the Titans having a fairly difficult schedule, expect them to be playing catch up a lot.

I think he's a lock to put up at least WR2 production and for where he's going right now in mocks, I'd be more than happy to take him.

What do you guys think?

Also, why is the crying smiley green? :mellow:

tennessee will probably lose, so that would mean vince young comes in, whereupon bennett's stock would drop like a rock.

plus, it's the whole price/burleson issue, where the #2 wr becomes the #1 and subsequently blows.

bennett was injured so he gets a pass, but he didn't exactly light it up when he was healthy.

as far as the :huh: well it's obviously the face of the eagle fan :mellow:

i like him just dont have the same faith as you

there are enough guys around like him that picking 4 RBs in the first 6 rounds because plausible

in most cases id rather gamble on some of the RBs in rounds 3-6 than the WRs

in a couple ive already drafted for i like getting 2 solid WRs then filling up later with guys like Bennett, Matt Jones, Galloway, Kennison and the like round 6 on

touch risky but could pay off huge

tennessee will probably lose, so that would mean vince young comes in, whereupon bennett's stock would drop like a rock.

plus, it's the whole price/burleson issue, where the #2 wr becomes the #1 and subsequently blows.

bennett was injured so he gets a pass, but he didn't exactly light it up when he was healthy.

as far as the ;) well it's obviously the face of the eagle fan ;)

Good call on the crying face.

Also, I think it's hard not to blow when Steve McNair is throwing you the ball.

I think Volek will play all year,

and the Titans

will fare much better than

the miserable 4-12 team from last season.

I also look for Bennett to revert

back to 2004 numbers.

LenDale White will see early action,

it will be interesting to see how he performs.

2004 was a fluke for Drew Bennett and you're kidding yourself if you think he'll approach those numbers again. But a 60 catch, 800 yard season would still be good out of a reserve WR for your team.

Good call on the crying face.

Also, I think it's hard not to blow when Steve McNair is throwing you the ball.

Yeah, D. Mason has always had a hard time getting the ball from McNair. :D

I like Bennet's potential as a value pick this year but lets not blame McNair for his struggles last season.

McNair is a former co-MVP of the league who was very close to leading his team to a SB victory.

Bennet is an average NFL WR with great size who has had one decent season which was basically the result of a 3 gm strecth where he boosted his stats in shootout losses to 3 of the worst defenses in the NFL that year.

2004 was a fluke for Drew Bennett and you're kidding yourself if you think he'll approach those numbers again. But a 60 catch, 800 yard season would still be good out of a reserve WR for your team.

It was a fluke because Volek threw to him every friggin play. Why wouldn't he now?

It was a fluke because Volek threw to him every friggin play. Why wouldn't he now?

With the recent acquisition of David Givens, there are 32 million reasons why Volek won't be throwing to Bennett on every play.

I like Givens as more of the possession wr and Bennett as the red zone wr. Thing is both may be worthless by week 8 or 9 when the Titians are out of the playoff hunt and they go to Vince Young at qb. Another thing to is Fisher wants to run the ball alot more this year.

I like Givens as more of the possession wr and Bennett as the red zone wr. Thing is both may be worthless by week 8 or 9 when the Titians are out of the playoff hunt and they go to Vince Young at qb. Another thing to is Fisher wants to run the ball alot more this year.

:wub:

bennett will be a bye week fill in guy for a FF team and thats as far as it should go in the first half of the season. then comes vince and the passing game plummets(sp?).

The game has to be close to run. Tenn may be down quite a bit and have to abandon the run. I would grab him in the 8-9 round area.

With the recent acquisition of David Givens, there are 32 million reasons why Volek won't be throwing to Bennett on every play.

Bennett wasn't only the WR in town when Volek was throwing to him. McCareins and Mason were still in town 2 years ago as I recall. Volek locked onto Bennett. I think he's going to put up #2 WR numbers. 1000 yds and 10 TDs is a pretty reasonable guess.

1. Pick Bennett on draft day.

2. Watch him light it up for about 5 weeks

3. Trade him for underachieving Javon Walker

4. Watch Vince Young come on about Wk 8-10

5. Watch Vince Young stare at his first receiver, who's covered, then take off running.

6. Watch Drew Bennett's stats drop like Paris Hilton's underpants.

7. Watch Javon Walker start to get healthy.

8. Laugh all the way to the championship.

Oh, and watch :o Eagles fan face as the Burgh gets :( :first:

As long as Volek QB's he will do good.

:first:

Mcnair was his down fall. And when Young starts, he'll hit another down fall. Volek is a good QB.