Sign in to follow this  
adidas

Your call. What do you do?

10 team keeper league. You keep one from your previous years roster.

You had planed on retaining Edge. You are the 9'th pick in the draft this year.

You get a call from the owner of Larry Johnson. He throws this out at you;

"You give me my choice of your roster (unboubtedly Edge) AND your 1'st round draft pick and I give you Larry"

What do you do??

Am I an idot for even contemplating this?

Is it WAY to lopsided?

Shold I wait until the draft then make a play afterward for Larry?

Is it a fair offer?

The way I see it AZ will have a potent offense, without a doubt. But I also see the miserable Az O line and wonder if Edge and his surgicaly repaired leg can pull the YPC he used to get in Indy out of his rectum.

Edge is and always has been a playmaker. He has great vision and ALOT of experience playing in an offense that has explosive receivers. Plus he has been on my team since the inception of his career as an NFL back. On the other hand LJ was SICK last year in 10 games. He plays for MY team and more than likely there will be no Priest to compete with.

So, what do you do?

You dont give up Edge and a first for Larry. That's basically giving up two firsts for one. Not good :first:

10 team keeper league. You keep one from your previous years roster.

You had planed on retaining Edge. You are the 9'th pick in the draft this year.

You get a call from the owner of Larry Johnson. He throws this out at you;

"You give me my choice of your roster (unboubtedly Edge) AND your 1'st round draft pick and I give you Larry"

What do you do??

Am I an idot for even contemplating this?

Is it WAY to lopsided?

Shold I wait until the draft then make a play afterward for Larry?

Is it a fair offer?

The way I see it AZ will have a potent offense, without a doubt. But I also see the miserable Az O line and wonder if Edge and his surgicaly repaired leg can pull the YPC he used to get in Indy out of his rectum.

Edge is and always has been a playmaker. He has great vision and ALOT of experience playing in an offense that has explosive receivers. Plus he has been on my team since the inception of his career as an NFL back. On the other hand LJ was SICK last year in 10 games. He plays for MY team and more than likely there will be no Priest to compete with.

So, what do you do?

Tough decision.... :banana:

I have a lot of sleepers this year so I'd personally consider risking it, but I don't know your scoring sytem and all the "little extra's" that you need to know when considering a deal like this..... like I originally said... it's a tough decision

Larry has the potential to outscore Edge and the other 1st rounder by himself. Something to ponder. Tough decision.

Scoring sytem is;

4 for thrown td

6 for run td

6 for caught td

1 for every 25 yards for receivers and rb's

Because of where you are in the draft pick list, and ONLY because of this, I would strongly consider his offer. I'm guessing that if he gets your first rounder, you get one of his late-round picks? If not, then I would say it's unfair. It leaves you 1 pick short in the draft, which leaves you at a disadvantage. If you do get a late-round pick thrown in with this, then I say 'Do it!'.

Think about it. You are at the # 9 spot of the first round, which means you are only 2 picks away from what would have been your first round draft choice when you make your first pick (in the second round). I like this situation. If you were in the first 5-7 picks in the first round I'd hesitate, but if you're pick 9 or 10 (which you are), I don't see this hurting you much, if at all. You can still pick up a high-quality RB or WR with your second round pick, and maybe with your extra late round pick you can take a chance on a sleeper pick (Antonio Bryant? Samkon Gado?), or you can handcuff Larry Johnson earlier than you might have originally, if you'd not had that extra late pick.

Hope this all made sense!

you get to keep your second round and you can come back with a RB similar to what you would get @ 9. try to get a mid round pick back.

10 teams! if you've got 9th in the 1st round you probably have a high 2nd round, the 12th pick. it is like trading the #1 pick for a late first rounder (edge) and late #2 .

pull the trigger. you get lj and your high 2nd round pick to start your team for edge and the 9th pick. i would do it just for the piece of mind yo get in lj over edge.

I think thats too much.....Edge has the potential to put up 17-1800 combined yards this year n about 10-13 tds....although larry could possibly put up 7000 yards n 60 tds i think u can get a great wideout at the 9th pick(maybe fitzy or boldin) they have the potential to put up 1500 n 12, then you could catch a decent to good rb on the 12th pick comin back....

How exactly is this situation a no brainer??

essentially you're giving up your 1st and 2nd round pick for the #1 pick. It's widely believed you can't win a fantasy football league with your first 3-4 picks but you could lose if you're wrong. So basically you are picking first and then you have to wait till pick 22 for your next pick...your next pick after that will be 39. Do you have any idea how the draft will go? Drafting with guppies might help you only having 3 picks out of the top 40 when everyone else gets 4 (and the guy getting edge gets 5). For me it boils down to:

a- is this a money league where i'm behind the 8-ball for the whole draft

b- am I drafting with fools (mike vick in round 2)?

Personally I'd be happy with edge and the top rated WR in round 2 (your round 1), unless one of my higher rated rbs drops, and take another upside back in round 3 (your round 2). Otherwise you're looking at Larry Johnson, your best 3rd round back, and your best 4th round wr... Good luck :wall:

edited cuz i'm kinda drunk and don't know if it's so easy to follow my line of thinking. I'm using antsports mocks as my adp. assuming the top 10 are keepers (i'm sure they aren't but the one's not kept will be snatched up quickly), if you keep edge and don't do the trade your roster could look like:

Edge, McGahee/Fitz (your pick), Moss/Harrison/Kevin Jones , AJ/Driver/Foster (depending on how your earlier picks went

VS

LJ, Moss/Harrison/Jones, AJ/Driver/Foster as your top 4 picks

So would you rather have your starting line up being Edge, Mcgahee, Moss, and AJ/Driver or LJ, Jones/Foster, Moss/Harrison/AJ/Driver and whatever round 5 wr you take assuming you don't draft a qb or te somewhere in there instead?

Wrong board. I'd do the deal. Huge drop-off after the top 3, and really top 1 (LJ) per Krueger's projections.

Thanks for the thoughtful insights. I am actually still pondering the remarks made here and my own expierience. I was concerned that the fact that KC is my team was playing into my decision to much, hence my post. It appears that the opinions are 50/50 here. We do have one or two knuckleheads that like to take Jeremy Shockey and Gonzales in the second round but for the most part we are an expierienced group of owners that have been around about 8 years. I have made some huge trades before but none with this much of a possible impact and never pre-draft. My draft would go like this;

1 round......traded

2 round.....2 picks at the #9 and # 10 position out of 10 man keeper league.

So basically I would get the 19 and 20 pick in the draft as we get a double up pick starting at #10 and moving down each round. I hope this is making sense.

I feel in this league I could get a Chris Brown in the first (actually second) round if I were to hang on to Edge. This would Leave me with Edge, Brown and the 19'th and 20'th picks to go either WR/RB, or WR/WR.

This would obviously be contingent on me NOT accepting the trade.

WITH the trade I would have LJ and the 19'th and 20'th pick in our league(29'th and 30'th in non keeper league). This would force me into taking either third tier RB/RB's or RB/WR. Either way the skill level would drop signifigantly between option 1 and 2. Question is if the answer is to trade for LJ, can he produce enough to make up for the lack of skill/production I may receive from a 29'th and 30'th pick?

Thanks for the thoughtful insights. I am actually still pondering the remarks made here and my own expierience. I was concerned that the fact that KC is my team was playing into my decision to much, hence my post. It appears that the opinions are 50/50 here. We do have one or two knuckleheads that like to take Jeremy Shockey and Gonzales in the second round but for the most part we are an expierienced group of owners that have been around about 8 years. I have made some huge trades before but none with this much of a possible impact and never pre-draft. My draft would go like this;

1 round......traded

So basically I would get the 19 and 20 pick in the draft as we get a double up pick starting at #10 and moving down each round. I hope this is making sense.

I feel in this league I could get a Chris Brown in the first (actually second) round if I were to hang on to Edge. This would Leave me with Edge, Brown and the 19'th and 20'th picks to go either WR/RB, or WR/WR.

WITH the trade I would have LJ and the 19'th and 20'th pick in our league(29'th and 30'th in non keeper league). This would force me into taking either third tier RB/RB's or RB/WR. Either way the skill level would drop signifigantly between option 1 and 2. Question is if the answer is to trade for LJ, can he produce enough to make up for the lack of skill/production I may receive from a 29'th and 30'th pick?

do the deal . . . Edge will not put up 1st round numbers this year . . .

do the deal . . . Edge will not put up 1st round numbers this year . . .

I agree-- no doubt

I agree-- no doubt

You rang?

Thanks for the update on your health adidas:angry:

Scare the fock outta me while I'm on vacation and do I get a reply?

Email me with what's up or I spend the 2K that I have saved to get 3 guys on bagpipes to play Amazing Grace at your burial(like you wished for). You had me thinking I had to arrange that for christ's sake.

Do the trade, KC is your favorite team and you can get a #2 RB later in the draft(see W.Dunn).

At 19&20 you can get a really nice 1-2 puch at WR and remember bonehead, WRs in your league get 2 bonus points for getting 100 yds. Not the 1pt that RBs get.

I totally agree on trying to get a later draft pick thrown in BUT...

This person, is he/she gonna be in your Division this year?

I don't know if I wanted somebody with Edge and TWO 1st round picks in my Division, even if I had LJ.

At 19-20 you should be able to doubleup with something like a Fitz/Chambers Combo or at worst Bouldin/Wayne or DJax(who is back from injury).

Now, stop making me care about a league I have no interest in anymore.

Also People the league drafts like this...

1-10

10, 1-9

9, 10, 1-8

8, 9, 10, 1-7...

get it?

Since LJ has never played a full season, and figures to be on the field LESS.

( yes less.. Herm is conservative coach , so deduct about 75 plays from the total plays he played in last year - thats about 5 plays less per game)

Keep Edge and best available at #9 and your fine.

That scoring system is pretty TD heavy, making LJ and SA even more of a cut above the rest. Edge is probably going to be lucky to get 10 TDs in that offense. Pull the trigger and don't look back.

1-10

10, 1-9

9, 10, 1-8

8, 9, 10, 1-7...

get it?

The retard who came up with that system should be shot. WAY too much advantage for the #1 spot.

You rang?

Thanks for the update on your health adidas:angry:

Scare the fock outta me while I'm on vacation and do I get a reply?

Email me with what's up or I spend the 2K that I have saved to get 3 guys on bagpipes to play Amazing Grace at your burial(like you wished for). You had me thinking I had to arrange that for christ's sake.

Let's keep the soap opera crap to private messages or e-mails, eh? It'll make you appear less gay.

That scoring system is pretty TD heavy, making LJ and SA even more of a cut above the rest. Edge is probably going to be lucky to get 10 TDs in that offense. Pull the trigger and don't look back.

The retard who came up with that system should be shot. WAY too much advantage for the #1 spot.

Let's keep the soap opera crap to private messages or e-mails, eh? It'll make you appear less gay.

Im glad I wasnt the only who was getting douchebumps from the Brokeback Pals

1 round......traded

I would start by countering Edge+Rnd1 pick for LJ+Rnd2 pick, at least try to keep the bodies even. If won't go for it (given that LJ may be the equal of 2 normal RB) I'd see if he'll swap 2nd round picks if he's got a high pick, say 12, 13, 14. That would actually set you up better w/ LJ and an early 2nd round pick plus your bonus pick at 20.

Seems like the owner either offered the same deal to other owners, or he is high on edge this year. So see if you could get a 2nd or 3rd rounder from him.

You dont give up Edge and a first for Larry. That's basically giving up two firsts for one. Not good :cheers:

No it's not 2 firsts, since everybody gets to keep 1 player, it's a first and second round pick for LJ.

i would, it's not 2 firsts for LJ....it's edge and a 2nd round type because of the round of keepers.

Actually the advantage goes to the later spots as #1 doesn't get a "double-up" pick until the 10th round.

Dude, piss off if you don't like it, I don't care what you think, piss off seriously.

Getting back to it then.

Adidas, you also with this trade would have LJ for all his productive years as long as Edwards and the new Offensive Coordinater(formerly the KC Line Coach) can keep that high powered Offense going in the near future.

This might not be a trade for this year but for the next 5-7!!!

Edge isn't a puppy anymore and with a new team/system there are gambles.

Still I would try to get a later round pick as high as possible if you can.

hth

Dude, piss off if you don't like it, I don't care what you think, piss off seriously.

Getting back to it then.

Can size?

This guy would get Edge, his 1st round pick, and yours at 9?!?!?

That is foolish.

Wow, if that's all you've got I should feel so humbled.

LMFAO

That's all I need. You went and proved you're a woman all by yourself.

That's all I need. You went and proved you're a woman all by yourself.

"Having a little trouble with the lady, Ace?"

I would counter with Edge, your first rounder for LJ and his second rounder.

yeah I agree . Offer that and when he says no, which he will, counter with a third round pick.

If he says no, tell him to take a shite with his pants on. LJ is great, but not worth what he is offering, IMHO.

In the future, the help board is only a click away

1-10

10, 1-9

9, 10, 1-8

8, 9, 10, 1-7...

:blink:

why the hell would anyone agree to drafting like that? :shocking:

Seriously, has anyone in the bottom half of the draft, or even just not the number 1 pick, ever won

a super bowl with that drafting method?

I just dont think LJ is going to outscore Edge plus a 9th ovr pick. Though it sounds awfully nice. I'd make him an offer with another player from your roster, or possibly edge and a 2nd.

Basically since its a one keeper league and Edge is the player that would be taken off his roster, in a complete redraft he would be trading up to the #1 overall pick from the five or six'th spot and giving up his second round pick for LJ.

Ok, First thanks a ton for all the info. The guy that is offering me the trade has posted several times in this post (hello Sammy). Also, to the fellas that fealt the need to post innuendo (look it up in Websters Doctor) regarding homosexual activity and/or the need to call a dear friend of mine or imply that a dear friend of mine is a woman/homosexual you all need to take a ride down the "I am secure with my manhood" train. Know doubt was in my league for a number of years and worked with me at the state prison for a long time. I am a married father of 4 and he is married with intentions of having children (c'mone man, make me an uncle!). So because a friend of mine is concerned with my well being you feel the need to prove your manhood by flaming a post with decent intentions and mock that man because daddy did'nt hug you enough as a child????? Pull your head out of your a** for a bit and open the door to adulthood. I mean seriously, do you really think pointing out the sensativity and caring for a mans friend is going to compensate for your complete lack of ###### size??? Look at my member number....It would have been 10 had I not been at work when Mike changed the system many years back. I have been involved in the FF world for MANY years. Perhaps my original post should have been made in the help forum....however, your concern should be about what dress you will be wearing this evening Sally and not where my posts end up and how "gay" a friend of mine sounds.

All this = Show some go* Dam* respect kid. Don't foul up these boards that have been helpful to so many people with your insecurities and pathetic attempt with whimsical comments. I think we all could do without Larry and frigging curly jumping in every post to make a comment about one's manhood. Save it for the dance this friday pumpkin.

Korny!! Call me.

Sammy, still interested in the trade?

Thanks for the replies folks, I appreciate all football/thread related input!

Mike...Sorry bud, had to do it...this many years and never went off a tad. Will zip it 8)